Zombie Apocalypse Fat Camp

Options

Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Really like this! I think it's a great idea and an angel investor could fund it.........Zombie everything is SO big right now.

Please point me towards the nearest angel investor, I have a zombie camp to fund and a mortgage to pay. :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    What you'd need is a lot of land. On it would be a number of safe houses. Everything from little shacks to homes to maybe even one large, fortified structure.

Zombies roam free throughout the area. You'd want LOTS of zombies. (good thing is if they get killed you can just put them back in play later). And one large zombie swarm like in Walking Dead.

Weapons would have to be found by survivors. As well as food. (ok maybe you make the food easy to find, so people don't actually starve and junk).

Now in a Run For Your Lives race everyone gets a belt of flags and zombies try to snag them. Not as realistic as avoiding a bite. But you also can't really have people punching and beating the zombies you've hired....

*continues to work at drawing board*
  • melsmith612
    Options
    I guess I should have been more clear in my original post... I wasn't imagining cardboard zombies but more like mannequins/scarecrows/ballistic gel made to look like zombies.

This is a good idea if you want to incorporate the use of real weapons, as you stated earlier.
    BUT, having live people dress up and chase you adds the cardio factor!

Perhaps you have different courses available. Some offer the "live" zombies so that you get in your running. Other courses have the dummies so you can hack away at them and work arms/legs/core.

I was thinking more like having instructors and obstacle courses (basically experts in different types of weapons/combat that would be part of each "team") so they can lead the teams through the different courses where there would be walking, running, hiking, fishing, hunting, setting up camp/shelter, etc. Sort of like in most zombie apocalypse movies where the leader of the group is always some ridiculously jacked celebrity that knows how to do everything and helps everyone else make it through.
  • Meggs1980
    Options
    I'd do it! Hands down!
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is actually one of my inspirations for losing weight. It's gonna happen...and I have a 20lb baby to carry while running/shooting. ;)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I would be all for it, except zombies on tracks? Really? That would be uber-lame. Trained actors in full makeup and and stage blood, coming after you to tear out your throat, now THAT is something that would make you run!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Apparently...If you build it, they will come.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    DUDE! I'd go just for the experience...NOT just for the fat kids!!
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for this....
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have been more clear in my original post... I wasn't imagining cardboard zombies but more like mannequins/scarecrows/ballistic gel made to look like zombies.

This is a good idea if you want to incorporate the use of real weapons, as you stated earlier.

Perhaps you have different courses available. Some offer the "live" zombies so that you get in your running. Other courses have the dummies so you can hack away at them and work arms/legs/core.

^ This. I love the idea of being able to use a sword or ax, and running from the "live" zombies...
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    What you'd need is a lot of land. On it would be a number of safe houses. Everything from little shacks to homes to maybe even one large, fortified structure.

Zombies roam free throughout the area. You'd want LOTS of zombies. (good thing is if they get killed you can just put them back in play later). And one large zombie swarm like in Walking Dead.

Weapons would have to be found by survivors. As well as food. (ok maybe you make the food easy to find, so people don't actually starve and junk).

Now in a Run For Your Lives race everyone gets a belt of flags and zombies try to snag them. Not as realistic as avoiding a bite. But you also can't really have people punching and beating the zombies you've hired....

*continues to work at drawing board*

AWESOME!!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    At first I was like :huh: and then I was like :indifferent:, but now I'm like :love:

Let me know when and where to sign up! :flowerforyou:
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    In addition to the adrenaline fueled calorie burn, think of how low calories meals would be. I imagine nothing but brains and dandelion greens as far as the eye can see. Maybe some people related items - finger foods. Rib. Rump roast.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I was thinking more like having instructors and obstacle courses (basically experts in different types of weapons/combat that would be part of each "team") so they can lead the teams through the different courses where there would be walking, running, hiking, fishing, hunting, setting up camp/shelter, etc. Sort of like in most zombie apocalypse movies where the leader of the group is always some ridiculously jacked celebrity that knows how to do everything and helps everyone else make it through.

great idea. can i vote for Ryan Gosling to be the ridiculously jacked celebrity as my coach? :love: :love: :love: although, to tell the truth, Jamie from Mythbusters fills out a scuba suit pretty well... :tongue:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    There are enough zombies among us for me to hunt.
  • diva_bishop
    diva_bishop Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You don't understand how much I love Zombies. I would be all over that!!!

Cus rule #1 - Cardio!
  • melsmith612
    Options

great idea. can i vote for Ryan Gosling to be the ridiculously jacked celebrity as my coach? :love: :love: :love: although, to tell the truth, Jamie from Mythbusters fills out a scuba suit pretty well... :tongue:

Screw celebrities! I have a couple of MFP friends I wouldn't mind seeing as coaches! :blushing:
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I totally go!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    sign. me. up!!!!