Replies

• ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Sounds like sooo much fun!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Rather than employ and pay people, you have basically two different camps. BOTH camps get the nutrition and health education. One camp just far enough away to be out of sight, and the other camp. People sign up for the program as either a zombie or a survivor. The zombie camp could do random invasions, while the survivor could do random raids. LOTS of panicked running!

JM
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Where can I sign up?????
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Rather than employ and pay people, you have basically two different camps. BOTH camps get the nutrition and health education. One camp just far enough away to be out of sight, and the other camp. People sign up for the program as either a zombie or a survivor. The zombie camp could do random invasions, while the survivor could do random raids. LOTS of panicked running!

JM

LOVE this idea... goes really well with the idea of using laser tag style weapons too!
  • SlvrFlame
    SlvrFlame Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea.

But I think you need to throw in some regular people dressed like zombies too. To make it more realistic :)

Edit - Whoops! You already said what I suggested.

I thought about the real people dressed as zombies thing... but that would make it impossible to have an edge on any of the swords/axes and stuff that people would be able to find throughout the camp for their workout/fighting.

Not sure if someone else said it, but the weapons could be made from foam and PVC pipes! That way there's still weapons involved and no serious injuries can come to the people playing zombies.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Well my household votes cancels out. I think it's a million dollar idea, and my husband thinks it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I would join if it was near me and not too expensive.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* volunteering for Zombie duty, Ma'am.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    absolutely brilliant.

http://www.odditycentral.com/funny/learn-to-fight-zombies-at-real-life-zombie-boot-camp.html

That's close, but not the same concept that you've got going there. Sign me up!

We have one of these locally as well.

I would totally go to zombie fat camp.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Well my household votes cancels out. I think it's a million dollar idea, and my husband thinks it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I would join if it was near me and not too expensive.

Easy problem to solve. Liability waivers.

Mud runs like Run For Your Lives make you sign a waiver stating that even if you die during the event they ain't liable for a damn cent.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The fine print legal contract you'd have to sign before going would probably be pretty extensive, but I do think it sounds like a fun idea. Maybe a health club could have treadmills with video screens on the back that made it look like zombies were chasing you.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Take my money now..
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm training now so I can do the 5k Zombie run here in PA. To train for it at a place like that = MILLION DOLLAR IDEA!
    I would submit that stat!
  • melsmith612
    Options

Mud runs like Run For Your Lives make you sign a waiver stating that even if you die during the event they ain't liable for a damn cent.

Yes, liability waivers with mandatory arbitration :laugh:

I'd need to up the weekly rate just to pay for the lawyers to write up such an insane contract!
  • BrettPGH
    Options

I'd need to up the weekly rate just to pay for the lawyers to write up such an insane contract!

Not really, anyone who's done a mud run will tell you. It's a one page sheet and you just initial next to every box. No one even reads them. But they state no matter what happens to you you've agreed to do this and the organizers are not at fault. You don't sign a waiver you don't participate.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Not really, anyone who's done a mud run will tell you. It's a one page sheet and you just initial next to every box. No one even reads them. But they state no matter what happens to you you've agreed to do this and the organizers are not at fault. You don't sign a waiver you don't participate.

i love the ticky that promises that my heirs won't sue.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    i love the ticky that promises that my heirs won't sue.

Seriously those waivers take away alllll your rights! I'm pretty sure the organizers of a race could decide to just shoot people in the face and not get so much as a fine.
  • SylentZee
    Options
    I like the idea but prefer "real" zombies insteaddd!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    There is a 5K run www.runforyourlives.com

I so what to do that now! Thanks for the link.

OP this is a great idea. :) If you do it you better post up because I am sure a ton of us would sign up.
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Gawd. I would do this in a hot second! Seriously, my best motivation for running is zombies. When I feel myself slowing down or getting tired, I imagine them chasing me and I speed the heck up! I hate them. They give me nightmares as if I were still 3. This is a perfect idea for training and for the "just in case" scinerio. Genious idea. Sign me up :D
  • melsmith612
    Options
    Oh. My. Gawd. I would do this in a hot second! Seriously, my best motivation for running is zombies. When I feel myself slowing down or getting tired, I imagine them chasing me and I speed the heck up! I hate them. They give me nightmares as if I were still 3. This is a perfect idea for training and for the "just in case" scinerio. Genious idea. Sign me up :D

:laugh: :laugh: I should totally pretend zombies are chasing me in my basement while on the treadmill... maybe I'd actually feel like turning it on! :laugh: