Size 12= about 40 inches of fabric

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Do me a favor and list as followed: Race, Height, Weight and Clothing Size. Watch and see how everyone's sizes vary:

Mixed (70% Hispanic, 30% Asian), 5'2", 56 kilos (123lbs.), US 0-2/UK 4-6/Euro 34-36/Asian M-L
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    To the person who questioned my posing race, say what you want- different races to pose certain physical characteristics.
    There is far too much variety within any race to do that. Examples? Halle Berry and Serena Williams. Yao Ming and Jackie Chan. They might be categorized by scientists as being with the same racial group, but their bodies are quite different, and any comparison between them would be... ridonkulous.
    I know my intent for proposing race, please don't try to make it out like I'm being bias or racist, not the case at all.
    I don't see it as biased or racist. I do see it as irrelevant and flawed logic, though.

That is your opinion. And as a person with an opinion as well, I can take and respect that. This thead was not to reveal the greatest logic, it's about reality and inspiring others, ijs. All smiles hunni.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    To be honest I don't understand why us women love dramas and to complicate things, either weight related or not then seek approval from other people on whether they are fat or not, being at size X is fat etc. Bottomline is: WE DON'T NEED OTHER PEOPLE TO SAY WE ARE SEXY OR BEAUTIFUL AND MAKE US HAPPY. IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED IT THEN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU. It doesn't matter if you're getting all the compliments or criticisms from the 6 billion people here on earth, at the end of the day it is still YOU who has the final straw. If we can make ourselves happy with who we are or how we look, nobody will drag us down.
    BUT BUT BUT WHAT IS YOUR RACE?!?!?!?!
    See my last post before this
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    To be honest I don't understand why us women love dramas and to complicate things, either weight related or not then seek approval from other people on whether they are fat or not, being at size X is fat etc. Bottomline is: WE DON'T NEED OTHER PEOPLE TO SAY WE ARE SEXY OR BEAUTIFUL AND MAKE US HAPPY. IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED IT THEN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU. It doesn't matter if you're getting all the compliments or criticisms from the 6 billion people here on earth, at the end of the day it is still YOU who has the final straw. If we can make ourselves happy with who we are or how we look, nobody will drag us down.

I can dig it! And come on you know how us women are, lol.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Do me a favor and list as followed: Race, Height, Weight and Clothing Size. Watch and see how everyone's sizes vary:

Human, 5'6", 152, 12

Thanks, your added to the proof!
  • ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    White, 5"2 1/2, 209, size 16
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great post!!!

Black, 5'3.5, 260, size 18
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    YA. Every single person's body is different. Body composition plays a huge role in size and shape ..OBVIOUSLY. : ) I despise the "age" thing since I don't think it's extremely relevant. Obviously a 20 yr old is going to be diff than a 60 yr old. and yes, some nationalities have different body compositions.

enough ramble ...

5'4
    Size 8

Can glean my race and age from my pic : )

Eating, lifting beautiful weights all the way to those brand new size 6 jeans in my closet

Jen
  • tarablyawsum
    tarablyawsum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    white-native american/ 5'7"/ 172lbs/ size 14-16
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's crazy, I would never consider a size 12 to be fat. & what a crappy thing to say as well. Everyone is different, I have seen several women post on this thread alone that weigh less than I do but wear a bigger size than I.

White, 5'3, 168, size 7/8
  • tarablyawsum
    tarablyawsum Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    White/American Indian, 5'7", 157, 10/12. Yes, that's right, a 10 or a 12. I'm always a way higher clothing size than other people with similar height and weight. :(

ME TOO!! crazy! I am white-native american/ 5'7"/ 172lbs/ size 14-16. I have the same issue. As I read each post I am starting to wonder if im losing my mind here on what my true sizes are! haha
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    white, 191, size 14 pants and size large shirt
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great post.

White, 26 yrs., 5'2", 140 lbs, size 6/ small in dresses and sweaters
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Half Mexican/Half Hillbilly

Size 12

5'2"

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Mixed (1/2 white, 1/2 black Jew)
    5'8"
    113lbs
    Size 2
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    40 inches of fabric around your waist is quite a lot seeing as how carrying weight around your waist means you're more at risk of heart disease/diabetes etc.
    We have an advert here that says if your waist measures more than 80cm for women (which is 32 inches) it is an indicator of internal fat deposits, which can coat the heart, kidneys, liver and pancreas, and increase the risk of chronic disease.

It IS important.

The OP didn't say 40 inches of fabric around the waist. I'm pretty sure she meant total...or at least one complete garment (pants, shirt...whatev).

Size 12 is 40 inches waist...For God's sake, don't be so obtuse. Where do you think they're measuring???

Actually, it's not. I was the OP on the post that THIS OP is talking about. I'm a size 12 and a 35 inch waist, thank you very much.
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    These responses are fascinating!

White, 36 y/o, 5'4", 165, size 12 (some 10)
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    White girl with a big butt and boobs that left me when I started working out. 5'6", 150 lbs. Size 12 pants, size s/m tops. BMI 24ish.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    40 inches of fabric around your waist is quite a lot seeing as how carrying weight around your waist means you're more at risk of heart disease/diabetes etc.
    We have an advert here that says if your waist measures more than 80cm for women (which is 32 inches) it is an indicator of internal fat deposits, which can coat the heart, kidneys, liver and pancreas, and increase the risk of chronic disease.

It IS important.

The OP didn't say 40 inches of fabric around the waist. I'm pretty sure she meant total...or at least one complete garment (pants, shirt...whatev).

Size 12 is 40 inches waist...For God's sake, don't be so obtuse. Where do you think they're measuring???

Size 12=40" waist? Really? In all of the size charts I've ever seen, it's more like a 31-32" waist, maybe 40-41" hips. My measurements are 36-30-39 and I'm a 10. 47 years old, white, 5'5.5" 144 lbs. Started out at 41-36-43 and 165 lbs, somewhere between a 14 and a 16.

This size reference chart is interesting. You can plug in your measurements and it shows what size fits you of various brands. U.S. folks, be sure to toggle over to the U.S. button in the upper right hand corner. The default setting shows U.K sizes (approximately one size up from U.S.)

http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

No, it would be about a 20 inch waist. You need fabric on both front and back, or you would have a loin cloth, not a skirt.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!