What I love about MFP is everyone is so nice here.

Options

Replies

• HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Let me show you my love.

old-gregg-o.gif

"Want some Bailey's"

OMG that guy is hilarious! Quite possibly one of the best youtube videos I've ever watched
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    SARCASM? NOT ON MY BOARDS

Everyone posting "hilarious" pictures has too much time on their hands, why don't you use all that extra time to pray for others to lose weight? Start being nicer. This is a place for journeys, not for "snark" or "fun"

Don't stop believing!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

This really is the nicest forum I've ever been on. There are SO much worse out there! Go on a forum for new mothers, they'll cut you to shreds as soon as look at you.

Truth! The Mom forums are brutal! :noway:

so I'm supposed to stay away from anybody that is a mom, no WONDER she was such a snarky be-yotch!

Didn't say that, I am a Mom with another on the way...this place is sunshine and rainbows compared to The Babycenter.com forums, theNest.com forums or any others. Those places are full of something much more sinister than snark.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    tumblr_lgm7lp91OS1qaakxzo1_500.gif
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Prediction:
    Within the next 30 days, MFP message boards will contain only 2 types of posts, those complaining about rude people, and those praising how nice everyone is.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

This really is the nicest forum I've ever been on. There are SO much worse out there! Go on a forum for new mothers, they'll cut you to shreds as soon as look at you.

so I'm supposed to stay away from anybody that is a mom, no WONDER she was such a snarky be-yotch!

Didn't say that, I am a Mom with another on the way...this place is sunshine and rainbows compared to The Babycenter.com forums, theNest.com forums or any others. Those places are full of something much more sinister than snark.

Truth, there's a layer of crazy over on those boards that can only be found when shoving 5000 pregnant women all due in the same month on the same chat board. I dare anyone on here to go onto any board on babycenter.com and type in the title "Breast versus Bottle, one is obviously superior?" with no body in the post and see the **** storm unfold. It's the thing that nightmares are made of . . .
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    you guys eat your placentas or what
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Ew not your own that's gross. That's like incest-cannibalism. Only others'.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

with fava beans
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

Truth, there's a layer of crazy over on those boards that can only be found when shoving 5000 pregnant women all due in the same month on the same chat board. I dare anyone on here to go onto any board on babycenter.com and type in the title "Breast versus Bottle, one is obviously superior?" with no body in the post and see the **** storm unfold. It's the thing that nightmares are made of . . .

I bet home birth vs. hospital or doctor vs. midwife would get a similar response.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you guys rock.

Usually boards on the internet fall quickly to sarcasm and snark, but somehow all you rad people have done a great job of keeping motivated, positive, and very very helpful.

It makes me happy to see all the great advice posted in all the forums on every topic.

Harmony.

Hugs for all.

539734_353749458032436_431251277_n.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

I bet home birth vs. hospital or doctor vs. midwife would get a similar response.

bottle vs breast, co sleeping, store bought baby food vs home made, cloth vs sposie diapering, natural vs medicated child birth, what defines natural child birth, baby wearing (and all the layers of product therein), baby carriers, sleeping through the night, spanking, sleep training, potty training, babies in bikinis, babies in skirts and uggs, home daycare vs center, breast feeding in public, breast feeding in the bathroom . . .

I know that I missed a few good ones, but just typing this out brings back exhaustive flash backs and makes me twitch.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Prediction:
    Within the next 30 days, MFP message boards will contain only 2 types of posts, those complaining about rude people, and those praising how nice everyone is.

Nope all the new years resolutioners will be posting then
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

that would be like posting "should I eat back my exercise calories" on here, *is now very tempted to post that topic*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I've had two kids and I never encountered those nasty mom forums. Based on this thread I'm thinking I'm the only one that never experienced that? Is it really like that? Or is that just a joke too?

I'm reading more of the comments and just for the record want to say that not all moms are insane and many of us enjoy our lives with our children and don't care how other parents choose to go about the process because we know there are actual real problems in the world and don't waist our time generating problems for no reason. So, carry on and enjoy life.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've had two kids and I never encountered those nasty mom forums. Based on this thread I'm thinking I'm the only one that never experienced that? Is it really like that? Or is that just a joke too?

I was pregnant once in 1994, so I never did the message boards. But I know enough new moms and see stuff on FB and hear it from them IRL, so I know that this is NOT a joke!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Bump, bump BUMPPPP
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

Don't even mention thinking about getting an epidural.

Machine_20Gun_20Smiley.gif
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Grumpy-Cat-Being-Tickled.gif
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    OP - I LOVE YOU MAN!

and last poster: I love epidurals.