What I love about MFP is everyone is so nice here.

Options
12346»

Replies

• smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    productivity at work right now < 0
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Truth. Mom geared forums are the WORST. But once you filter out the crazies you can find some nice people....I would probably bury myself under my son's dirty laundry pile if people only ever spewed rainbows and unicorns up my butt.

Seriously - this place motivates, educates, and makes me have to clasp both hands over my mouth as I stifle sounds of laughter so that my co-workers don't think I'm completely crazy.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    OP - I LOVE YOU MAN!

and last poster: I love epidurals.

It's a cat
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student. Any other weight-related site, particularly for my age group, was negative and not a good mentality to be around. Few ever ate above 1000 calories, developed binging-purging habits, encouraged unhealthy thinspiration, etc. Then I found myfitnesspal, where everyone beats you over the head with BE HEALTHY, which was why I was losing weight to begin with. : )
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, great site.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I think the so-called "sarcastic*" people are among the nicest people, genuinely, that I've ever met.

I've been on Mom-based forums (for a childhood autoimmune diseases, you knave) which are the polar opposite: nice on the surface, with a deep river of passive-aggressive hate running underneath. Every once in a while the fake-niceness fails to cap the river and volcano of hate erupts, taking out everyone.

So pick. You either let off a little steam with some crankiness here and there, or bottle it up until it explodes.

I prefer the former.

(* maybe it's just me. I don't see it as sarcasm, sarcasm to me is mean-spirited and meant to cut someone down. I see people who love verbal irony, and goofing around.)

Oh **** I just posted something non-ironic
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Busted. Now hand over your Irony Club Membership Card.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Busted. Now hand over your Irony Club Membership Card.

my wife keeps that with my OO and mancard.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    u haven't been here long huh? Just watch what u say!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Amazing pug gifs aside..

This really is the nicest forum I've ever been on. There are SO much worse out there! Go on a forum for new mothers, they'll cut you to shreds as soon as look at you.

I've heard horror stories about forums for mothers. The nicest forum I've been on was one for pets. I guess pet owners are naturally nicer than new mothers, or people on diets.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lmbmm9EFje1qhqrew.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lmbmm9EFje1qhqrew.gif

That's awesome! :happy: