Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

Options

Replies

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    In a way, If all people carried guns, then maybe these pieces of **** and I do believe that in this case that is the correct use if the word, would think twice, or at least get gunned down before they can do too much damage. But again, what do I know. This makes no sense.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have no kids, but nieces aged 13, 10, 9, and 4, and an 11 year old nephew. i cant imagine the horror of not knowing where they were, or god forbid knowing that they were gone.

when i was in school we had a gunman drill called "bobcat on campus" (the bobcats being a rival team-so as not to scare young kids)it was a lockdown, but was poorly done. more than once whole classses would be locked outside. i got locked out twice. i feel like -unfortuately- its time to fine tune the bobcat drill. there have been more than enough shootings to make it needed.

i cant even fathom the evil it takes to shoot 18+ children. its just terrifying.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Just heard this on BBC News and am utterly numb with grief and the sheer disbelief that this is allowed to happen again and again and again and again in America.

I guess the NRA's viewpoint will be that at least 40 million other kids were safe today because of guns.

I disagree with your logic and conclusion.

just curious...how many mass shootings, especially in schools would be 'enough' before something needs to be done? or is this collateral damage to preserve the basic human right to own devices that can kill others???
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My heartaches for this entire community, such a tragic thing to have happen for no reason other than some douche coulnd't act like a rational, reasonable adult.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    May they all rest in peace, it is such a terrible loss for all of us, not only those who will now suffer the worst pain by losing a child but for those who have lost a parent or friend. For those of us who have not had a physical loss we have all lost a little hope today, and a little security in our lives. The fact that this can happen at anytime anywhere is truly unsettling.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Days like this I hope the world really is coming to an end. I would rather be in eternity safe with my family.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Just heard this on BBC News and am utterly numb with grief and the sheer disbelief that this is allowed to happen again and again and again and again in America.

I guess the NRA's viewpoint will be that at least 40 million other kids were safe today because of guns.

just curious...how many mass shootings, especially in schools would be 'enough' before something needs to be done? or is this collateral damage to preserve the basic human right to own devices that can kill others???

Take this somewhere else. This thread is for mourning. The gun control talk can go elsewhere.
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    18 kids are now being reported dead. One report is saying that it could be a full classroom. Unreal.
  • farfoorah
    Options
    Oh my god. I can't even begin to understand the pain they're going through...absolute worse crime against humanity. Monsters, sick people.

Thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected by this...sad world. :(
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Not the time or the place....
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I can not stop crying :( Those poor babies.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options

*shakes head*

There it is..

Yes, it was bound to happen. I was waiting for it, too.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I vote everyone drop their political agendas for a while and take the time to recognize the magnitude of the tragedy here. There will be time for proselytizing later. JMO.

The whole thing makes me really nauseous. It's bad. Really, really bad.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This is not the place to discuss guns...we are here to mourn the victims and their families. As well as the children who survived and being haunted by the images everyday for the rest of their life!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I vote everyone drop their political agendas for a while and take the time to recognize the magnitude of the tragedy here. There will be time for proselytizing later. JMO.

this x1000

If you came in here to talk about politics there is something wrong with you
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I'm so sick over this.

What if it was my nieces or nephew's school? :(

Parents...grandparents...aunts...uncles...hell, cousins. Hold your closest little ones tight tonight and think/pray for all of the families involved in this devestating tragedy.
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    up to 27 now. sad

The world has gone effin insane!

No, just the USA.

Also today...
    22 children and elderly woman stabbed outside primary school in China
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

this x1000

If you came in here to talk about politics there is something wrong with you

I 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. this.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't have any children but boy do I sure want to go get my nephew and latch on to him and never let go!! This is just not right!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ^^Agree with everyone above. Right now the families need our prayers. This is just a disgusting act!
This discussion has been closed.