NEW GROUP- 30 Day Shred-Starting Monday!!

Options

Replies

• bethany_85
    Options
    I totally agree! It really hurt to move for the first 4 days. BUT... I just did L1D4 and I completed the entire thing without stopping!!! Woo-Hoo! I seriously thought it would take me a month. I didn't do it as fast as they did but I did it! And the soreness, while still there is now more of a background issue that I can live with. Yay!! :bigsmile:
  • AllisonMS
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm on Day 8 or 9 of Level 1. Jillian is totally right: there is an enormous difference in stamina from Day 1 to where I am.
    Onward to Level 2, with the help of you all here.
    618721.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • litisha
    Options
    I am excited about joining and starting the 30 day shred!!!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    I would love to join this thread...I actually started doing it today...I will admit I did have a couple of "5 second rests.."...the 20 minute went by fast...
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Count me in.... silly question but are we going to take measurements before we start as well?
  • apatrick23
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I've tried it before when I was trying to get to my ideal wedding weight and it was great for firming and weight loss. I've gained some weight since my wedding and trying to get back in shape. I've been waiting for some motivation to start the shred and now I've got it! So count me in!!!
  • apatrick23
    Options
    I am going to take before pictures on Sunday and will do my weight and body measurements early Monday morning. I'm nervous about posting that, last I saw my body measurements I was NOT happy and it made me feel even fatter! haha

I can't wait to start this with all of you, it definitely helps having people to be accountable to! It's motivation that I'm not getting from family or friends, since none of them want to join this journey with me :(

I'm already looking ahead to when we complete this 30 days, I want to begin another challenge after it's over, I'm thinking Power 90 so that eventually I can do P90X. But for now 1 thing at a time, cause I know 30 day shred is going to be tough at first

I could be mistaken but I believe you do each level for 30 days and there are 3 levels. So this may be a 90 DAY challenge. Obviously, if level one is too easy for some of us, we will bump to level 2 and make it a 60 day challenge....or we may have to stay on the same level for 60 days. It all depends on each individuals abilities...

Last time I tried to complete the 30 Day Shred I thought that you are supposed to do each level for 10 days... making a 30 day challenge. Don't know for certain but just thought I would let you know.

Regardless, I'm excited to join this group and have some motivation and someone or someone(S) to hold me accountable. I plan on taking my before pictures tomorrow and measurements to. What would be the best outfit to wear when taking a before picture. Should I sport the biggest loser outfit and wear a sports bra and spandex? Any thoughts?
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm hearing a lot of good things about the 30-day Shred. I'm gonna order it on Monday, and I'll "join in" when I get it in the mail.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I'm excited to start this tomorrow with you all! I will be taking my pictures later tonight or tomorrow morning. And will do weight and measurements tomorrow morning also. How do we post the pictures on here though I've never done that before? And I was thinking of the same question.. what are we all planning on wearing in the pictures. I feel so gross wearing a sports bra & spandex haha. But I do have spandex type or yoga pants and a tight yoga tank top. Or if we are all thinking of the sports bra I guess I could do that & gross everyone out! lol

Just a question.. does anyone have as much of a hard time doing push-ups as I do? Seriously? My mom and I have always said we have weak wrists, but doing push-ups is so difficult for me. Of course my wrist would seem weak trying to support my own body weight, but still even lifting frying pans sometimes can hurt my wrist. I feel like I'm so out of shape when I try to do even 1 push-up, so I doubt I will ever perfect them. But I'm curious to know if anyone else used to be horrible at them and is suddenly good at it?
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Count me in.... silly question but are we going to take measurements before we start as well?

Hello!!

Yes, we will be taking pictures and measurements and weight...feel free to post what you are comfortable with. I will do some research on how to post pictures and get back to everyone. If you are not con=mfortable posting your pics, then dont. Maybe a better choice for those who are uncomfortable is to wait til the after pics so there is no feeling of embarrassment, only of pride!

I am very excited to do this!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I'm excited to start this tomorrow with you all! I will be taking my pictures later tonight or tomorrow morning. And will do weight and measurements tomorrow morning also. How do we post the pictures on here though I've never done that before? And I was thinking of the same question.. what are we all planning on wearing in the pictures. I feel so gross wearing a sports bra & spandex haha. But I do have spandex type or yoga pants and a tight yoga tank top. Or if we are all thinking of the sports bra I guess I could do that & gross everyone out! lol

Just a question.. does anyone have as much of a hard time doing push-ups as I do? Seriously? My mom and I have always said we have weak wrists, but doing push-ups is so difficult for me. Of course my wrist would seem weak trying to support my own body weight, but still even lifting frying pans sometimes can hurt my wrist. I feel like I'm so out of shape when I try to do even 1 push-up, so I doubt I will ever perfect them. But I'm curious to know if anyone else used to be horrible at them and is suddenly good at it?

I hate push-ups! I have to do them on my knees (the girlie way!) but I can tell that I am getting stronger. An alternate way is against the wall on an excercise ball; that's how my trainer had me doing them when I was REALLY bad at doing them!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    With regard to the pictures, I would say take your picture in workout attire, whether it be stretch pants and a sports bra or yoga pants and a tanktop. I, myself, will be in yoga pants and a tanktop, but for optimal results, I am going to pull the tank top up above my stomach.

There is a site called photobucket.com. Here you can upload your photos and get the HTML to post them on other sites. The comment boxes here seem to be run off of html code. I will be taking my pictures later this evening (before 9pm) and will attempt this in the Week 1 post. The New Post will be titled NEW SHRED GROUP: WEEK 1 and will stay that way every week (of course, the week # will change.)
  • bizaggie07
    Options
    Is anyone else going to supplement the 30 Day Shred with additional cardio? I did a dry run of Level 1 this morning with my HRM and noticed a burn of about 200 calories. I've been averaging ~600 calories burned per day through exercise and don't know that I could mentally overcome switching to a 20 minute video.

As far as the photos are concerned, I'm going to do sports bra and running shorts. After all, this is the body I'm leaving behind, right? :tongue:

I can't wait to get started!
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    count me in too!!! I am going to do each level 10 days. I have done the shred before about 2 weeks ago. I only did level 1 and 2 tho. It is defintelh hard to get your body adjusted to it but it will come. Good Luck to everyeone!!:flowerforyou:
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Is anyone else going to supplement the 30 Day Shred with additional cardio? I did a dry run of Level 1 this morning with my HRM and noticed a burn of about 200 calories. I've been averaging ~600 calories burned per day through exercise and don't know that I could mentally overcome switching to a 20 minute video.

As far as the photos are concerned, I'm going to do sports bra and running shorts. After all, this is the body I'm leaving behind, right? :tongue:

I can't wait to get started!

I am used to burning about 600 calories also and have heard the same range of the 30 Day Shred burn. I usually do the boxing on the Wii as its entertaining and kicks butt in cardio calories! Anyone else doing this?
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    whats involved with this I live upstairs would I be making to much noise?
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Based on the Level 1 workout, there are jumping jacks and "pretend" rope jumping. I think you should be fine as it is jumping and not pounding. Also, you want to soft land with any workout for the sake of your knees.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new to this site, (just joined yesterday) and I already started the 30 day shred earlier in the week but I'd still like to be a part of the group to keep my motivation up!

Get ready for ladies because these workouts will rock you. I keep ending up making these grunting noises to power myself through certain moves but I feel fantastic when it's all done!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

~Sara-Jane
    :happy:
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Well what I have been doing *and i dont know if your schedule allows this* but, I have been doing cardio on the treadmill in the mornings and then in the evenings i do a workout video (usually a 20 minute video) i think its a good combination and it keeps me from getting bored.