Those nutty Mayans...

Options

Replies

• keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    If any of you feel the need to donate all of your money before we all die, PM me for my paypal info. I'm an optimist!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Kreepy Kristen hahahaha

I predict you will be sitting in that chair on the 22nd.

I predict she will not be...

you know, with it being Saturday and all.

Maybe there will be a work emergency?

If you're talking about my work chair, you're wrong. If you're talking about the chair in my picture (before I changed it) you are probably right since that is my spot at the dinner table :wink:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    On Dec 20, I am going to go to the grocery store and act all shifty while I load up a cart with 20 cases of water bottles and dry food. I'll blend in with all of the other crazies stalking up for the end!
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Kreepy Kristin! bwahahahaha!!!!!

Also, if the world end ... at least the Cowboys won on the last Sunday ever!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The Mayans couldn't even see their own demise... how could they predict ours? They suffered from a flawed calendar design. There's only so much room on a round piece of rock...
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    The worlds for sure not ending on the 21st. I have a tattoo appt on Jan. 10th. So that obviously doesn't make any sense. :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for a lengthy response. I've got to get out and buy a helmet.
    Think that'll help?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The Mayans couldn't even see their own demise... how could they predict ours? They suffered from a flawed calendar design. There's only so much room on a round piece of rock...
    It seems if the world is going to end every time a calendar ends, then shouldn't it end every December 31???
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    December 21, 2012 is the Mayan equivalent of December 31 on our calendar. It really boggles my mind that people are thiis worked up over New Year's Eve...
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The Mayans are not nuts, they were a very intelligent, ancient race, well ahead of their time. I think it would be a positive thing, if people were ready, in spirit, for all to end next Friday, although if I believed it, I wouldn't be buying my Christmas turkey next Wednesday. Over the years there have been many doomsday predictions, but I don't advocate eating none stop before Friday, as this is probably another pile of horse poo...
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    December 21, 2012 is the Mayan equivalent of December 31 on our calendar. It really boggles my mind that people are thiis worked up over New Year's Eve...
    Do you remember y2k? It isn't the first time . . .
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'll start believe the world will end when an asteroid the size of the moon is discovered to be heading in a direct path for us.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Kreepy Kristen hahahaha

I predict you will be sitting in that chair on the 22nd.

I predict she will not be...

you know, with it being Saturday and all.

Maybe there will be a work emergency?

If you're talking about my work chair, you're wrong. If you're talking about the chair in my picture (before I changed it) you are probably right since that is my spot at the dinner table :wink:

It was the one at your dinner table with the beer. I win! Yaye!
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My husband has a theory. Ahem.

"Honestly, I think the dude chipping away at the stone tablet just got tired and said 'f&#( this!'"

:drinker:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I will be attending an end of the world party on Thursday night, and then a few days later I will celebrate Festivous

32928852_8035.jpg
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'll start believe the world will end when an asteroid the size of the moon is discovered to be heading in a direct path for us.
    Or when a horrible atrocity happens outside of the U.S., amirite?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna keep my eyes open for anyone selling their house for £1 on the 20th.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    poop_zps7580ea6c.png
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Who are the Mayans? Is that some sort of doomsday cult or something?