Mom's don't look like that!!!

Options

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    EXCEPT this photo has been proved to be fake, it's a regular fit woman (NOT mother) that someone put stretch marks on digitally. Gives me false hope really! NEVER seen a good before/after for a mum who had stretch marks and got fat that EVER got thin. Sure mums that never got stretch marks, mums that never got fat, but yeah. Poop photo. lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think you have to be a mom TO be hot!

excuse me?
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    my stripes are far worse than that!!!! i love every single one of them. i consider them my badges of honor and i wear them with pride!!!
  • GymChick8
    Options
    But don't you know all mums should be overweight and frumpy :-p

I've had 'advice' from strangers to never have kids as I'll lose my figure. Shame my 7 and 9 year olds aren't with me at these times!!

Mel
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children, my youngest just turned 2. I have just lost more than 50 pounds. I don't know if you can tell by my profile pic, but my stomach is flat. My biggest baby was 8 pounds 8 and I am only 5'1. I do have stretch marks but I don't really care.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 and 4months pregnant with 4th and iv worked bloody hard for my flat belly which I'm very proud of! I know it's not going to be flat for much longer as I am pregnant but I'll be working just as hard to have it flat again before the end of summer next year!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Having a child has totally changed my fat distribution, so that even at a 'healthy' weight, my stomach is out of proportion to the rest of me. The way my body chooses to lose, I'd go below an A cup before my tummy became flat, so while I'm not ruling it out in the long run, it would be a difficult choice to make.

So why not wear my mummy tummy with pride? I got it the same way I got the stretch marks, after all...
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Takei posted on his FB today this pic and said something about moms:

a lot of the comments were "rowr! i earned my stripes" and what not. But the negative comments included people saying this is gross.

but what really gets me is how many people complained that a "REAL MOM" wouldn't have such a flat belly. WHoa. MFP really has affected how I see the world. THe moms here are all in this kinda shape! I wanna smack all the people who say a mom can't be fit. I just wanna scream on Takei's page "MOMS CAN BE THIN! WE JUST GOTTA WORK AT IT!!!!!!!!!!"

Hard work pays off!!!!!

Keep it up MFP mamas! You are such babes and bas a$$es!

I felt the same way when my sister-in-law said at dinner a few months back, just casually, that women can not do more than 35 pull-ups because our bodies just aren't capable of it. I was like, wait wait wait. Hold up. I googled a video of a woman doing 37 and sent it to her later! Ha!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    << This girl had a 10 lbs baby 17 months ago..

I hate it when women say " my baby ruined my body" blah blah...which is true, but soooo worth it
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    The person that said that has obviously never heard of the term MILF .....
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    << had 2 babies - 8lb13oz and 8lb14oz... now age 5 and 7.

My stretchmarks are on my hips and more from growing 8" (height wise) in 3 months... da canvas don't like to be stretched so fast!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I had two kids and I have a flat tummy. Gained 60lbs with one and 75lbs with the other. I lost it all. It is called hard work.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Moms can look like whatever they want to look like. It's all dependant on the work you want to do.

I'm proud of the fact that if I'm out with friends people are surprised when I pull out my kids pictures.. because they wouldn't figure I had two.
    I do have small stretchmarks. Who knew you weren't supposed to gain 70lbs with a pregnancy.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think people have a perception of old overweight loving mother who always is baking sweets for you etc. Ofcourse its the wrong perception but its there in the back of a lot of folks mind. Lately media have been doing a good job rectifying it imo but still, in the past this was all media would show in terms of showing a mom.

I know a lot of moms who've got awesome bodies. Not the best example but many of the strippers are mothers too (and in their own ways, good mothers too) but they have rocking bodies!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Who says moms can't be hot? I'm a mom! I want some names:mad:

The ones that can't be bothered to work for it and then use that as an excuse!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well ... I'm a mom and I'm NOT in that kind of shape! So not all of us. :-)

But, yeah, plenty of women with children (sometimes MANY children) look like that.

As for people saying it's gross, well, I've had stretch marks since I was 17 and never had a complaint. Well, one BF took issue, but he was a jerk overall so I don't count him. He was attracted enough to have sex with me, so whatever.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Who says moms can't be hot? I'm a mom! I want some names:mad:

The ones that can't be bothered to work for it and then use that as an excuse!!

Yep, totally. I know many, many women who have used having children (especially very young children) as an excuse to be frumpy and completely let themselves go. It's none of my business, I know, but it makes me sad.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My babies Mamma has worked herself back down to a size 2, so yeah. Lazy people will use whatever excuse they can to do nothing about there health. even say that it's not possible because they don't wanna try
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    seriously.

"Real Women" have curves
    Only dogs want bones
    "Real" Moms dont have flat tummies
    "Real Moms" stay home with their kids
    "Real Women" blah blah blah

females are the most hateful alienating groups ever. And there is a very specific demographic at the heart of it - and sadly, it's moms that hate the most. Which really is totally unfair to other women. Yall have a husband who loves you, healthy children crawling all over you - and they just sit in front of the internet judging people.

I cant understand why they are not the ultimate happy ladies on earth... i mean - they won, right? According to them they did it right.

breaks my heart every day seeing this pattern continue :(
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I love this pic! I have more stretch marks than her though. . .