Becoming A Ripped Goddess

Options
13»

Replies

• Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My challenge is I'm finding areas of my body becoming tight & even a little bulkier which are naturally predisposed to being leaner than others -- while others aren't making much progress at all. I'm just a little frustrated with the imbalance. So far - I'll take it over where I was!!
    Power lifting - here I come!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my bf% is (probably around 16, 17%)... but what I have is from bodyweight exercises so far, and some medicine ball work. (the profile pic doesn't show much, but some of my other pics do)

It's doable, but it takes hard work and a whole lotta sweat.

it is totally worth it.

you are my goal. Hi! I'm CorvusCorax! It's nice to meet you!

also, just curious, how do you test your bodyfat? or were you just saying because you are EFFING RIPPED that you must be in that range?? (I would agree with you!)

:love:

well I tried a bf scale at the gym and that said 15.5, but I don't believe it.
    and the pic of the 15-17% one looks kinda like me when I don't flex...
    it's a bit of that and eenie meenie miney moe...

cuz the web calculators all tell me I'm 25% lol

and :flowerforyou:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    ay! That poster of body fat % is cray cray! I used to look like the 40%! Now I look like the 25%, but I know my bf% is 20%. I think i have loose skin from being obese for so long :(

The most accurate bf% test is hydrostatic... i'm wondering how people are figuring out their BF%?
    The most accurate is actually Dexa scan. It's an x-ray of your body. Hydrostatic can be off 3-7% (I believe) plus it is straight up torture trying to be perfectly still under water while blowing ALL the air out of your lungs.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    well I tried a bf scale at the gym and that said 15.5, but I don't believe it.
    and the pic of the 15-17% one looks kinda like me when I don't flex...
    it's a bit of that and eenie meenie miney moe...

cuz the web calculators all tell me I'm 25% lol

and :flowerforyou:

Those bf scales can be hugely (10+%) wrong. I don't even bother.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

The most accurate is actually Dexa scan. It's an x-ray of your body. Hydrostatic can be off 3-7% (I believe) plus it is straight up torture trying to be perfectly still under water while blowing ALL the air out of your lungs.

I did hydrostatic test and they made me do it a bunch until it was consistent. I wasn't scared... i think i'd rather do that than an xray. LOL. I'm wondering tho about the bioelectrical thingys because those tell me I'm like 30% bf and I just don't think that's possible...like...at all. (they hydro test said I was 19.2%)

....but of course now I want to do a DEXA scan because I want more validation..... dork.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I did hydrostatic test and they made me do it a bunch until it was consistent. I wasn't scared... i think i'd rather do that than an xray. LOL. I'm wondering tho about the bioelectrical thingys because those tell me I'm like 30% bf and I just don't think that's possible...like...at all. (they hydro test said I was 19.2%)

....but of course now I want to do a DEXA scan because I want more validation..... dork.
    hydrostatic is WAY better than the biomechanical or whatever scale ones. I just hated it. DEXA is relaxing because you just lay there but another accurate one is air displacement or BodyPod.

Sorry to make you want DEXA.:flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i look most like halfway between 25 and 30 :frown: whatever i dont care im working on it currently

maybe even the 35...

ok i have to leave this thread
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The DXA is great, you get a pretty picture and get to see exactly where your fat is...

This an example of the report you get from the one I go to....

http://www.measureup.com.au/media/docs/female.pdf
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, weight lifting combined with a small to moderate calorie deficit is the best way to get "ripped".

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!
    Weights it is!!!