Fat, sick and nearly dead

Options
13»

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I did try it. I was able to go about 10 days. I did not have the same dramatic results as the guy in the film. I actually lost more weight afterward because I slowly added solid food for 2 weeks after fasting. I did not gain it right back simply because it was a juice fast, as some people have asserted. I went off of it because I just didn't have the energy to keep going because I worked outdoors then. In total, I lost 13 pounds in about a 3 week period. I then got into lifting and used my trainers diet and lost only 3 pounds over the space of 5 months. No regrets trying the juicing.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    About the comment on the 1st page about removing the skin from some of the items you juice, actually, that's a dumb generalization because it really depends on the fruit or veggie and if it is organic. Apples for instance, get waxed in normal processing, and it's better to remove them. Also, lemon peel will make your juice taste way more bitter. Many toxins, pesticides, etc. are on the skins of modern fruit/veggies if you aren't buying organic, so DO read up on which things are find to leave skins on, and which you would benefit from removing.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've juiced before but never for more than 3-4 days and I never did it to lose weight.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed.

I came expecting a support group because since I caught a bug that won't go away (three weeks and ticking) I am totally feeling FAT, SICK, AND NEARLY DEAD.

But you guys go enjoy your diets.

Really.

I'll just be over here hacking up my spleen.

I'll catch your spleen if you hack it up?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I've juiced before but never for more than 3-4 days and I never did it to lose weight.
    Awesome. Juicing is good for so many things, weight loss is just an added bonus.