Hangover Cures...

Options
1235»

Replies

• NotReadyForMomJeans
    Options
    Eat a banana before you go to bed. This advice has served me well on many occasions.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    McRib from McDonald's!!! ......

...oh wait....wrong thread...

Lots of water, ibuprofen, and eggs of some sort for breakfast. My college roommate did a paper on this and it turns out eggs have something in them (can't remember what anymore, it's been too long) that really help with hangovers. True story.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    dont drink

^^^^^ this! :flowerforyou:
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Drink less - no hangover.

I try to spend my time with people that I like well enough that it doesn't require me being drunk to tolerate them.

oh i tolerate my friends sober, but we have an *kitten* kicking time after a few cocktails.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated while you drink. This doesn't have to be an every other drink is water kind of thing, but just have a few glasses (3-4 minimum depending on what you drink) of water over the course of the night. Make yourself chug it. Take a couple ibuprofen if you remember before bed. Or when you wake up thirsty in the middle of the night. Hydration is key for me!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Lots of V8 original, fixes the problem right away!
  • Chrysopteron
    Chrysopteron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As long as you remember, have a water after every two regular drinks, then eat an apple before going to bed and down that with a last pint of water.
    Next morning you have three choices:

1. It worked - fantastic, happens to me sometimes, too. Congratulate yourself on feeling lovely and me on my sound advice!

2. It worked KINDA - not bad, fix remnants with lots of scrambled eggs and bacon and definitely have some fresh pineapple, too!
    Then find a hairdresser (actually, that could be hard on New Year's Day, I guess... Works a treat on regular saturdays, though!) and have yourself a nice wash, cut and blowdry. Perfect hangover cure - just that head massage and the sole task of sitting somewhere and presenting my head appeals to me in such cases...

3. It DID NOT WORK AT ALL, YOU WITCH - always be prepared: before you leave for the party, fix a humongous jug of peppermint tea (no sugar and enough leaves - fresh are best, but tea bags will do in winter...). Let it cool off, keep it in the fridge overnight. Next morning, if tap water makes you puke, cold peppermint tea is the one thing that will stay down. Besides, that way you even get a definitely under calorie goal day and make up for all the booze cals you splashed out on the night before.
    May I recommend the last step of sending me a message once you've found something that works better?!

Have a wonderful party,

Chrys
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The best cure is to eliminate the cause.

Agreed!
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    Gatorade & hitting the gym! Its dreadful getting out of bed for it. But you feel much better after it.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    a bloody mary
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Menudo - the Mexican soup, not the band (can't listen to that schlockeroo sober...)
  • Hrcules
    Hrcules Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My cure is to start drinking again
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Drink a of glass of water alongside every drink (my friends don;t let me get away with the alternating thing).

Before bed, drink 1 pint of water (or more) 1 glass of orange juice (or take a vit c tablet), and eat a pinch of salt in a tsp of sugar or honey, alongside a painkiller and an indigestion tablet. B12 vit tablet can help too. It sounds complicated, but leave it out before you go out and just take it when you get back. Pint of water by bed for waking up in night.

Heads it right off at the pass. Can you tell I used to go out a LOT when I was younger. It took a while working on that.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I get these hydralite things, meant to cure dehydration. One before bed and one when you make up = no hangover!!

I was just reading in the paper that Asparagus meant to help, weird but true.....
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water before bed

the next day I always feel better with greasy food and OJ