small wrist 5"

Options

Replies

• jsdouglas26
    Options
    Does anyone else have a 5" wrist. My personal trainer measured me today and said she has never seen a 5" wrist on an adult before and I can't believe that. I know my frame is small but not that small lol

That's small, I have small writs for my size, and they measure 6.75"
    I'll trade you lol
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    Trade ya. I have 7inch wrists and am only 5'2. I have short fingers and broad palms too. Freak of nature I am. Course the more I read about differing frame size it would explain why I was always a stocky girl even when I was a lower weight.

Not a freak. I am an inch taller and my wrist is 7 1/4. Try buying a bracelet that fits! Could explain why I am wearing a size 4 at 146 pounds though. I really do have a big frame!
  • jsdouglas26
    Options
    Well it seems around 5" isn't uncommon
    I have noticed a lot of people have small wrists.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have a 7" wrist and a 9" forearm I'm 5 3" with fat fingers too.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I still have a LOT of weight to lose about 80-100lbs depending on how small I feel comfortable with and my wrists are 6 inches. They used to be 7 1/2 at my biggest weight.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wrists are mainly a genetic thing. Theres not much you can do about small wrists. Also it seems quite unprofessional of a trainer to state that they basically think you have freakishly small wrists. Its going to do nothing but kill your self esteem.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Fun topic :D

5'9" and 7 inch wrist, 14 inches at the thickest part of the forearm. Wrist has maybe 0.25 to lose, but the bones are already protruding and veins are on the underside. From the tip of my middle finger to the bottom of my palm is 7.5inches. Think I have pretty big hands, especially for my height.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    im 5'8 and my wrist are 6.5" they won't get smaller since thats the only place on my body with no fat on it lol
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 7 with 5.5 inch circumference wrists...Have always been smallish apart from the last 12 months LOL...also explains why my goal weight is at the lower end of my BMI.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    5.5" wrists, 9" forearms
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Trade ya. I have 7inch wrists and am only 5'2. I have short fingers and broad palms too. Freak of nature I am. Course the more I read about differing frame size it would explain why I was always a stocky girl even when I was a lower weight.

Not a freak. I am an inch taller and my wrist is 7 1/4. Try buying a bracelet that fits! Could explain why I am wearing a size 4 at 146 pounds though. I really do have a big frame!

Hrm...i estimate i'll be in a size 6 around 145 so good to know..;) Yeah watches and bracelets are a pain in the rear for girls that just are not 'dainty'. As far as the forearm measurements, I have 12 inch forearms, and they probably wont go less then 10 when i end my journey.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I have 4.5" wrist. I never thought they were small...:wink:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I'm curious now if everyones forearm is small also. Mine is 7.75 which looks small I think, really my whole arm does

Only just realised that you may have meant forearm girth/circumference, so here are mine:

Height: 6ft (Socially 5ft 9")
    Wrist circumference: 4.5"
    Forearm Length (Elbow crease to wrist): 12.4" (Right on point for my height)
    Forearm circumference: 8" (I have a lot of weight I still need to shed though)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    How did you even type this?
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Only just realised that you may have meant forearm girth/circumference, so here are mine:

Height: 6ft (Socially 5ft 9")
    Forearm Length (Elbow crease to wrist): 12.4" (Right on point for my height)
    Forearm circumference: 8" (I have a lot of weight I still need to shed though)

Height: 5'10"
    Forearm length [Elbow crease to wrist] 11.2"
    Forearm circumference [And at most, I still have quite a long way to go - another 50 lb or so for work and about 40 lb preferably]: 10.2"
  • anewton23
    Options
    That's small for a guy, mine is barely over 5" and is quite small. Frames come in all different sizes though
  • cherylmod
    Options
    Mine are 4.5". I'm trying to gain so prole quit telling me I look frail
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow apparently I have monstrous wrists, I'm only 5'2 and my wrists are 6.5" and I would be very surprised if they got smaller than maaaybe 6.25" even when I was a bony skinny teenager.
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    6.5" here. You have tiny wrists for a guy.
  • samcghee
    samcghee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wrist is 4.75 inches all the way around (circumference) and less than 1.7 inches in width (diameter) using an official body measurement tape measure. I can get my wrists to measure 4.5 inches if I pull it super tight but you're not supposed to measure that way. It is not supposed to be loose either. Just comfortable against skin. Official body tape measures have a weight on the end for accurate circumference measuring. Comparing measurements without knowing if the other person is using your same standards is futile. The person that says they have 4" wrists seems like they must be mistaken. I have to wear baby rings and bracelets and have never met a person with a smaller frame. My engagement ring was a size 2.5 with room to move. I'm 5'9" and 115 lbs so can def look very waif-like if I get too thin (I've been 105 lbs at times when I get lazy and I'm not putting effort into gaining muscle). I envy people that can put on muscle. We all have different frame sizes so that's why I don't like BMI. My BMI is 17.2 but doing a dexa to get an accurate body fat % puts me at a normal 24%. I think we all need to get to know our own bodies and be as fit as is healthy for our own genetics.