Egg brands that are low in fat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    There is such a place where you can get bacon wrapped filet mignon, zero carb potatoes, and chocolate that doesn't make you fat... it's called Heaven, but you have to die a little to get there. LOL
    "...Better do it and decrease the surplus population!" -- Scrooge, A Christmas Carol
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    egg beaters. i've had the regular and the southwestern kind which has peppers in it and has a kick to it. they're good.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I've replaced eggs completely with Reese's Peanut Butter eggs.

It makes an omelette..tricky, but worth it.

Mmm....I'm thinking of adding chopped M&M's and some sprinkles to that omelette. YUM!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'll be nice and answer the question:

A good lowfat egg choice is the quail egg. Each 9 gram serving only has 1 gram of fat and zero saturated fat. Compare that to the goose egg, which has a whopping 19 grams of fat!

These eggs are a dieter's dream - you can eat a whole dozen servings for no more than 12 grams of fat! And they are only 14 cals apiece per serving.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry so many people are being 'snarky' with their responses.

I'm sure that your question is more about calories than the fat content? If so, if you make an omelet, use 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. You can't really tell the difference. In baking you can use 2 egg whites in place of one whole egg. If you want to add protein but not the calories of eggs, eat just the white of a boiled egg. It only has 17 calories and it will keep you full longer. I add them to salads for just that reason alone. I give the yolks to my cat or toss them over the fence and other 'creatures' eat them, I do live out in the country though. lol

I doubt that there is an egg that is lower in fat but you can eat eggs from chickens who are grass fed or fed flax seed. Egglands Best is the only 'brand' that I know of that does just that, so you're good. Buy them from a local chicken farmer and you'll notice the difference in the color of the yolk. It is darker because of the variety of food the chicken ate, rather than just ground corn and who knows what else. They also have Omega oils and they are GOOD for you! I used to raise chickens and in the summer, when I fed them veggies scraps from my garden and they ate all the grass they wanted, the yolks were a dark orange color. Also, at least where I live, hobby chicken farmers are HAPPY to find people to take their eggs.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

A good lowfat egg choice is the quail egg. Each 9 gram serving only has 1 gram of fat and zero saturated fat. Compare that to the goose egg, which has a whopping 19 grams of fat!

These eggs are a dieter's dream - you can eat a whole dozen servings for no more than 12 grams of fat! And they are only 14 cals apiece per serving.

They are also tiny, so you are going to eat more than one. If you had 5 quail eggs, you'd end up with 5g of fat - the same as a chicken egg. And 14x5 is 70, so the calories are the same too. And you're spending more money to get the quail eggs. So, what's the point?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for low-moisture water

My brother's classmates invented instant water one day, to help combat dehydration in third world countries!

All you have to do is add water!

I like the gel water you can feed crickets. Particularly since they don't drown in it. My lizard likes her food alive :D
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options

Just want to say that you won't find a source of fat that doesn't have some saturated fat in it. A quail egg does too. Of the 1 gram of fat .3 is saturated, .4 is monounsaturated and just over .1 for polyunsaturated. Basically saturated fat constitutes about 30% of the fat in a quail egg. Also when comparing weights of both the quail egg has no advantage and by weight the quail egg happens to have more saturated fat, interesting I though.

And for the professional health care people responding, let me just say that cholesterol is just cholesterol, there is no bad or good types. Because cholesterol isn't water soluble dietary cholesterol is transported to the liver where it's then encapsulated into a protein matrix called lipoproteins.........some are HDL and some are LDL. Peace. :smile:
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options

They are also tiny, so you are going to eat more than one. If you had 5 quail eggs, you'd end up with 5g of fat - the same as a chicken egg. And 14x5 is 70, so the calories are the same too. And you're spending more money to get the quail eggs. So, what's the point?

LOL. I believe you just made the point for me. Perhaps the OP would have arrived at the same conclusion?
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone knew of egg brands that aren't so fatty...I have Egg Land's Best but there's just so much fat in them when you start to have more than one :/

Eggs aren't created in a factory and have different nutrition based on brand like most foods. An egg is an egg no matter what label is on it (only difference would be free range etc)

People need to understand that dietary fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do.

Eggs are a great food and very nutritious. The only option for eggs would be the liquid eggs.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I keep a few chickens in my backyard and don't worry about the calories in their eggs. Dr. Oz says an egg a day (not an apple) keeps the doctor away. :wink: