What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,639 Member
    Options
    Hubby cooked. Meatballs with dutch zuurkool stampot (=mash mixed with sauerkraut).
    cno2adco6yzc.jpeg
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner.
    - 3 egg omelet w/bacon cheddar & roasted peppers
    - 2 seasoned sausage patties
    - Slice of homemade almond butter bread (flourless, 2 net carbs per slice) with 1 tsp butter
    - followed up by a nice up of coffee w/heavy cream

ej0a69am8iyk.jpg

This is my idea of "good eating". I'd rather have that plate than Christmas dinner.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hummus with ground beef -- made as written. I reduced the ratio of hummus to ground beef, and added a side of greens sautéed in olive oil & garlic. Delicious!

j12njkgbq60h.jpg
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff I never thought to try hummus w/beef. If I ever eat hummus again, I need to try that. Sounds good.

• MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Today's main meal: PigglyWiggly had a sale- 10lb spare rib box/$13.79 a box. Woohoo! So many leftovers!

So I made:
    - Instant-Pot pressure cooked spare ribs, rubbed w/my own rub, finished under broiler w/ a light brushing of G Hughes sugar-free Smokehouse BBQ Sauce
    - cheesy cauliflower rice

I shall follow up with a nice cup of hot coffee whipped with some butter.

I wasn't even hungry tonight so I took a smaller portion than anticipated but dang it was fall-off-the-bone, melt-in-your-mouth good ribs-- and in just an hour of cooking! I love my Instant Pot.

l922e7e995if.jpg
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    This is my idea of "good eating". I'd rather have that plate than Christmas dinner.

Me too, I love breakfast for dinner.
  • takinitalloff
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @takinitalloff I never thought to try hummus w/beef. If I ever eat hummus again, I need to try that. Sounds good.

It was so good. I eat low-carb, high-fat just like you. My limit is 50g carbs (25g net carbs) per day. So obviously I have to be careful with things like hummus, but I wanted to add some beans back into my diet for the health benefits like fiber. Plus they're tasty!

If you think of hummus (or other beans) as a condiment rather than a main component of the meal and keep your overall portion size down, it's totally doable. My hummus serving today was 68g (less than 2.5 oz). The next couple days I will be having this again for leftovers, but only with 30g of hummus each time (just over 1oz).
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options

It was so good. I eat low-carb, high-fat just like you. My limit is 50g carbs (25g net carbs) per day. So obviously I have to be careful with things like hummus, but I wanted to add some beans back into my diet for the health benefits like fiber. Plus they're tasty!

If you think of hummus (or other beans) as a condiment rather than a main component of the meal and keep your overall portion size down, it's totally doable. My hummus serving today was 68g (less than 2.5 oz). The next couple days I will be having this again for leftovers, but only with 30g of hummus each time (just over 1oz).

Great tip, thanks. 👍
    For right now I'm laying off beans and such because I'm doing 20g or lower for my A1C but I'm keeping it in mind for the future, I do love hummus.
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    For right now I'm laying off beans and such because I'm doing 20g or lower for my A1C but I'm keeping it in mind for the future, I do love hummus.

Got you! I just recently re-introduced beans, too. Totally understand wanting to keep the carbs low until you're in a better place. I'm getting my A1C checked next week, hoping for good news. I hope you do well with yours!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Spring rolls pulled out of the freezer, brushed with oil and air fried. I make them to use up small quantities of leftovers. Chinese aubergine salad. Chicken and celery stir fry. Brown rice.
    3ycto0lyggzq.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salt beef, roast potato and sweet potato, waldorf salad, pickled cabbage.
    90cnyhtju8jz.jpeg
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options

Got you! I just recently re-introduced beans, too. Totally understand wanting to keep the carbs low until you're in a better place. I'm getting my A1C checked next week, hoping for good news. I hope you do well with yours!

Yeah, I will probably keep off the sugar & grains forever, but I do look forward to the future adding some more servings of veggies, fruits, and legumes. Pairing it with the beef is probably the best way to reintroduce it, too.

Good luck in that A1C!!! I'm sure it'll be good news, you've been doing well!
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options
    @acpgee & @takinitalloff Eggplant! Yum. Your dishes look so good I'm craving it now, gotta pick some up.

@janicemlove broccoli cheddar soup is one of my go-to soups in cold weather, love it.

I agree, I use my instant pot and/or air fryer every night. I don't know what I'd do without them anymore. So freaking convenient & easy, makes clean-up easy too. I'd sooner get rid of my oven than my instant pot and air fryer.

• MacLowCarbing
    Options
    I wasn't hungry today so I didn't eat, by dinnertime I had worked up an appetite!! So I made one of my favorites.

9 oz rib-eye, seared in beef tallow & finished in the air fryer, w/1 tsp butter.
    Sauteed mushrooms.
    Garden salad (Boston lettuce, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, sliced Cubanelle peppers) - no dressing
    Asparagus brushed w/olive oil & minced garlic, sprinkle of S&P.

yx5e0je5unc7.jpg

• MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Grilled steak, gnocchi, panfried mushrooms and onions, and roasted carrots. Next time I’ll do without the steak as it’s not really something I enjoy. But everything else 🤤

Looks yummy, I'll take the steak lol.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,431 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Grilled steak, gnocchi, panfried mushrooms and onions, and roasted carrots. Next time I’ll do without the steak as it’s not really something I enjoy. But everything else 🤤

Looks yummy, I'll take the steak lol.

It’s yours. 😂