What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    Friday is the night we mostly eat out. We went back to our bargain and BYO sushi roll restaurant.
    gdydr7k69vnd.jpeg
    hg1p4kvtifht.jpeg
    3j2gtd2c59ny.jpeg
    59a3f4ddfhwy.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Friday is the night we mostly eat out. We went back to our bargain and BYO sushi roll restaurant.
    gdydr7k69vnd.jpeg
    hg1p4kvtifht.jpeg
    3j2gtd2c59ny.jpeg
    59a3f4ddfhwy.jpeg

That Salmon looks awesome. I keep waiting for Salmon season by me! Should be this week in NE US.
  • Ska_fan2021
    Ska_fan2021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Panzanella with unconventional avocado.
    7rctpm1qt6aq.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited May 13
    Options
    Panzanella with unconventional avocado.
    7rctpm1qt6aq.jpeg

@Ska_fan2021 - hi 👋- what’s an unconventional avocado? Is that like an evocado? (Have never tried…) Or just organic?
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    🍹 Breakfast greens: red &green kale, acai, beet, spinach juice

🍴 Fresh brined herring with broccoli micro greens

🍴 lunch: sardines with purple cabbage, red leaf in almond wrap with Jalapeno sauce.

s9uy7lqimq3i.jpeg

og8b7kpt9val.jpeg
    k3dcghagv7dl.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Salad with feta and candied walnuts to start. Main of oatmeal risotto with bacon, mushroom and peas after finally scoring steel cut oats which are known as pinhead oats in the UK. Much better chewy texture than mushy rolled oats.
    6pzhlequ1va2.jpeg
    gty1apuhyg1l.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC
    Are peonies in season? I must get to the flower market next weekend. Yours are beautiful.
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited May 14
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC
    Are peonies in season? I must get to the flower market next weekend. Yours are beautiful.

Thank @acpgee ! Yes, they are! They are my favorites. ;)
  • acpgee
    Options
    Starter of salad with blue cheese and candied nuts. Main of gai yang drusticks, braised pak choi, roast potatoes.
    1wpwdthie4cv.jpeg
    z0yzpo54gz44.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    nlz75724icna.jpeg
    Roasted Brussels sprouts over rice and topped with two over easy eggs.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Leftover steelcut oatmeal "risotto" from two nights ago with some sauteed spinach.
    43utxqy5auo9.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC

We used to live in the Netherlands and consume cut flowers the thrifty Dutch way. In Holland people never buy expensive mixed bouquets (unless for presentation as a gift), but often have a vase of single variety blooms that are cheap and in season. So that means daffodils in January and February, tulips in March and April, roses in June and gladiolas in July and August. In Amsterdam we used have a flower stall next to our local vegetable market, but in London we buy $5 single variety bunches at the supermarket. I thought I would need to get to the weekend flower market for peonies (my favourite) but they had a bunch at the supermarket! Not open yet.
    gbkq1il7kmom.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC

We used to live in the Netherlands and consume cut flowers the thrifty Dutch way. In Holland people never buy expensive mixed bouquets (unless for presentation as a gift), but often have a vase of single variety blooms that are cheap and in season. So that means daffodils in January and February, tulips in March and April, roses in June and gladiolas in July and August. In Amsterdam we used have a flower stall next to our local vegetable market, but in London we buy $5 single variety bunches at the supermarket. I thought I would need to get to the weekend flower market for peonies (my favourite) but they had a bunch at the supermarket! Not open yet.
    gbkq1il7kmom.jpeg

Those are lovely! 💐
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    I have way too many peonies at my house. I used to dig them up from time to time and think them out and move the tubers to more places. Now there's just too many. There's one in a place I don't want. I have dug it up three years in a row (and given the tubers away) and it keeps coming back.

I bring them in for a while, but at some point they just don't hold their petals long enough to bring them in. Just a mess a day after they're cut. But they are gorgeous.

I've got some iris blooming now too. Soon a bunch more things. I'll probably miss the first blossoms on the Scarlet Bee Balm while I'm rafting the Rogue.

I actually cut some of my artichokes and use them as decorative cut flowers. Yeah. I'm weird.
  • acpgee
    Options
    @mtaratoot
    I am jealous of your apparent artichoke glut. I love them and must look for them at the green grocer now that they are in season.
    Speaking of vegetables, I find onion blooms very pretty but never see them for sale. Do they not last as cut flowers?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    I am several weeks away from having artichokes to harvest. They survived the weeding and are doing well though. There are some bare areas in the patch; some must have succumbed to the harsh winter this year. I think the ants kill some too. The patch had become too thick, so I don't mind. I might dig some up and rearrange this fall.

I have seen Allium flowers for sale in flower shops. Not technically onions per se, although onions are in the genus Allium. Onions are harvested after they form bulbs. If you don't harvest the onions, they will flower the following year. There are several ways to grow onions, but if you grow onions to eat, you won't see them flower unless you neglect to harvest some.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Day 2 for the bunch of supermarket peonies and a couple are starting to open. They are going to be glorious.
    k6ej9770lgnh.jpeg