What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    @acpgee I can't figure out what this is... sweet dumplings with caramel sauce and ice cream? Meatballs with mashed potatoes? Intriguing :D
    wmg843i1z17t.png
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    @acpgee I can't figure out what this is... sweet dumplings with caramel sauce and ice cream? Meatballs with mashed potatoes? Intriguing :D
    wmg843i1z17t.png
    Baked apple with lots of nutmeg and caramel sauce with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. MFP posts photos in a random order when I click multiple photos.
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    @acpgee Oh apple... ok now it all makes sense, haha.
  • acpgee
    Options
    We finally managed to think of dinner early enough to order an alternative meal of shrimp stir fry.
    gczvkcgrj9t5.jpeg
    om4nbta9dszi.jpeg
    cu27rbd0sy3c.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    @mjbnj0001
    Savoury peanut sauces for sesame noodles, satay, gado gado and west african soups are applications where I find substituting some of the peanut butter with PB2 tastes acceptable.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Lunch:

🍺 Purple kale, beet, ginger, açaí collagen shake.

🍽️ toasted almond wraps with lettuce, tuna and onion.

6f7dko35lku3.jpeg
    yfkjowqr1dlp.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Nursing home dinner with mom.a71tqvk8o698.jpeg
    rxretr1nta0l.jpeg
    rnyarg1qj0xy.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    @mjbnj0001
    Savoury peanut sauces for sesame noodles, satay, gado gado and west african soups are applications where I find substituting some of the peanut butter with PB2 tastes acceptable.

Thanks. Didn't think of that. I see on their website there's a PB2 protein-only offering, no sugar or salt. Before reading your suggrstion, I was thinking I'd use less PB next time per the amount of veg & noodles and probably thin it out a little more with more added water. I actually overestimated the PB amount I needed to compensate for the added veg over a more typical plain or "classical" peanut sauce noodle dish. You can see that in the photo. I didn't mind, I love PB - it's a debate as to whether or not PB or cheese is my downfall - and my concoction for this first attempt is PB-heavy, which also meant more tahini etc in proportion. And all full fat. It's funny, I've never tried PB2 (my protein powder of choice is typically plain whey); it's because I'm a little afraid of the powder form. I actually have a conflict with PB - one daughter has the severe form of the peanut allergy, and we banished peanuts entirely from the house for years until she was out and married. She's moved out of the area (love takes you places...), and I have plenty of time to ensure the kitchen is fully safe before her visits. It's like keeping plutonium as a pantry ingredient - nothing gets cross-contaminated - which is more a concern in my mind with loose powder than goop. I do appreciate the suggestion, thanks again.
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited April 21
    Options
    Brunch

🍸 Red Kale, rainbow chard, berries, collagen - beet shake.

🍽️ salad wraps with olives, cucumber, avocado & a side of herring. 🐟

0xb79veit5xe.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Tomorrow I will be returning to London after visiting mom in Canada. Was planning to visit the supermarket tonight to drag home stuff from childhood I can’t buy in England like strawberry and banana flavoured Jello and a jar of relish. Maybe Cheese Whizz if I can find it in a tube. Any other suggestions?
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    Tomorrow I will be returning to London after visiting mom in Canada. Was planning to visit the supermarket tonight to drag home stuff from childhood I can’t buy in England like strawberry and banana flavoured Jello and a jar of relish. Maybe Cheese Whizz if I can find it in a tube. Any other suggestions?

My friends in Quebec always load up on poutine gravy and ketchup chips.

I have to think what I would get in NY .. hmm. 🤔
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    I went slightly feral the last month lmao. But I'm back on track now. Mushrooms and brussels and shrimp with garlic butter. The salad is romaine, broccoli, and than smashed chickpea salad. Getting ready for my first hike in New Jersey tomorrow :)
    lb4680mq1w4c.png

That looks great!!! 😊 I’m coveting the Brussels sprouts 🌱 hehe
  • SafariGalNYC
    Options
    Dinner:

🍽️ fresh wild Bluefish, rainbow cauliflower with rosemary. Side of pomegranate arils.

🍸 Chamomile kombucha that could easily pass for champagne. 🥂

v2l8lyuopnch.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Last nursing home dinner with my mom before returning home to London tomorrow.
    q9syc8uvt6ac.jpeg
    4d4k2pifkz0y.jpeg
    jluhhi27ubzi.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    Options

My friends in Quebec always load up on poutine gravy and ketchup chips.

I have to think what I would get in NY .. hmm. 🤔

@SafariGalNYC Ask them about "all dressed" chips, too, LOL. I'm more partial to ketchup chips, but the fam likes these others. My daughter's up in Ontario.

@acpgee - of course, maple anything. The question is, what can you bring home to the UK through customs? Since I'm a salmon fan, I always like to grab a vacuum pack of maple salmon at the duty free when I come across the border, it's great for parties. I have some maple "butter" (not really butter but a maple sugar spread I tried for baking), maple syrup (real, 100%), and even "Wayne Gretzgy Maple Canadian Cream" (like Bailey's, but maple-y), and more.
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    I went slightly feral the last month lmao. But I'm back on track now. Mushrooms and brussels and shrimp with garlic butter. The salad is romaine, broccoli, and than smashed chickpea salad. Getting ready for my first hike in New Jersey tomorrow :)

Enjoy your hike. Many people not from here wouldn't realize there's a lot of great hiking in NJ. Granted, it's not the Rockies, but still nice. Along with other outdoor activities. The state isn't all concrete and landfills.
  • takinitalloff
    edited April 22
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    "Wayne Gretzgy Maple Canadian Cream" (like Bailey's, but maple-y), and more.
    omg wow that sounds good! I may need to stay away from this thread haha

From their website: The perfect hattrick of Wayne Gretzky No.99 Red Cask Whisky, 100% farm-fresh Canadian cream and natural flavours create this ultra-smooth liqueur. Delicate tan colour with caramel, cream, maple syrup, pastry, and spice notes.

Also, your breads are beautiful.