What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Haven't had time to post, just wanna say I'm drooling over all your pictures... steaks, veggies, soup, mushrooms... all of it!
  • takinitalloff
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Italian lentil & mushroom soup with added olive oil to meet my macros. This was decent, but not the nirvana I was promised :D I'm also now noticing that they cheated on the photo for the recipe: there's nothing green mentioned for garnish!
    zoye2p2b50n5.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Chicken with green sauce and smoked mozzarella (adapted from a portobello mushroom recipe by Rachael Ray... I don't like portobellos) with sautéed zucchini.
    23wzjc9n41st.jpg
    This was quite delicious, but I made the mistake of adding the parmesano reggiano to the other "green sauce" ingredients before blending, which gave the sauce a chalky mouth feel. That's why we read the instructions instead of just going through the ingredients and winging it, lol
    kl7c6101szq6.jpg
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Sauteed kilbasa, sweet peppers, & onion in the Instant Pot.
    Added some broth, salt & pepper.
    Threw in a bunch of cabbage slices.
    When it was done, I topped it with a little butter & sour cream, and sprinkled everything bagel seasoning on it.
    wg15wb1hsiw8.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Rio Grande spice rub strip steaks by Rachael Ray. I'm not big on spicy food, but this had just the right kick and was a nice change of pace. I used Aleppo pepper instead of cayenne, and added a salad of tomato, avocado, roasted corn, cilantro, and lime juice plus a little bit of the spice rub blend.
    jml1dcfjyzy4.jpg
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    acpgee ~ That looks yummy! :)
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    2io89j6y4tnh.jpg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    aaqzdu4b87fg.jpeg
    No rehearsal tonight so had a nice night in. Pesto pasta and salad. Finished an audiobook too!
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Snack: defrosted raspberries plus pistachios and pecans, with a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of walnut oil 🐽 This is honestly so much better than any ice cream sundae I've ever eaten in my life. Removing all that sugar from my diet allows me to actually appreciate the natural sweetness of nuts, dairy, and of course fruit.
    6phl5vce7srg.jpg

Looks sooooo gooood yum. Never tried walnut oil, does it taste like walnuts?

• MacLowCarbing
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Leftovers mostly. Waldorf salad from a few nights ago stretched with store bought pickled beets and onions, salt beef warmed up in the microwave. Microwave and air fryer baked potato. Microwave carrots finished with butter and maple syrup on the hob. Butter for the potatoes.

Nice spread!

• MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Air fried salmon with Asian pear, salsa and brussels sprouts

Looks delicious!
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Yesterday I was just so not hungry, I had leftover kilbasa & cabbage from the night before and that's it (other than coffee w/cream). I even had to add some butter just to up my calories a little.

Today I was hungry, so I ate 2 meals.

The first was some air-fried chicken drumsticks seasoned with a goya packet and brushed with a no-sugar-added bbq sauce I found at Walmart, I really like it. Also w/some plain steamed broccoli.
    f66ilqyuoota.jpg

The second I sprinkled some tilapia fillets with some salt & lemon-pepper seasoning and threw it in the air fryer. Then I steamed some green beans, sauteed them in butter sprinkled w/a little garlic powder.
    32tv4usdkhfj.jpg

Now I'm soooo stuffed lol.