What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited July 27
    Breakfast:

🍴 garlic scape and onion frittata, sautéed liver in tomato sauce.

🍹 red kale - açaí juice

07j30kq0j9ul.jpeg

Lunch:

🍴 salmon, beets, avocado, over mixed green salad. Cannonau 🍷

yuq1w0y04q70.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,832 Member
    Dinner party at my place. Starters of dim sum where the turnip cake looked a mess because the texture was too soft to slice into neat squares. Main of gai yang and sides of Thai cabbage with garlic and fish sauce plus a vaguely SE Asian salad made with cucumber, aubergine, cherry tomato and granny smith apple. Dessert was a lot food. I made a low fat cheesecake topped with cherry sauce. Guests brought an eclair bomb and a custard tart.
    tk4yrnfm8mle.jpeg
    rvv54k01m3mt.jpeg
    v4qbu01xl0k0.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    🍴 smoked salmon, avocado, red leaf on almond wrap. Grapefruit.

lhcgxjhivx7a.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    SafariGal ~ Your meals look so healthy and delicious.
  • SafariGalNYC
    1948CWB wrote: »
    SafariGal ~ Your meals look so healthy and delicious.

Thanks so much @1948CWB !! 🤗
  • acpgee
    The hubby hated salmon mi cuit.
    dlbvonmzgtir.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited July 29
    Yum!

dtcu8phcfulr.jpg
    Batch grilled and smoked foods for the week. Made blackened ranch. Burgers on Brioche bun, variety onion/peppers, chicken, and packet diced potatoes/veggies. Hard to choose particulars for dinner and stop at enough :D
  • acpgee
    Beef with black bean sauce, sauteed bok choi and rice.
    tu2tgp2h2ol9.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited July 30
    Breakfast: sautéed liver, tomato chutney, omelette w scallions.

Dinner: roast chicken ( never enough rosemary!) baked purple carrots.

xk0ag9zcf38z.jpeg
    i5r4so7h37e6.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Quick mid week meal using batch cooked chilli con carne pulled out of the freezer. The rice was also from a batch cooked on the weekend warmed up in the microwave. Aji verde has been in the fridge for two weeks. Air fryer roast courgette was made fresh tonight.
    8tllyc4kerv3.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited August 2
    Taco sized corn wraps - Eggs, grilled & smoked chicken breast, grilled sweet onion strips, blend shred cheese with salsa & blackened ranch.
    i6jqafwel3ao.jpg
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited August 2
    🍽️ purple carrots, curry & sage chicken breast, broccoli.

Dessert - some misfit wild 🍓 🫐

bokfh6r5nwoo.jpeg

Breakfast:
    🥬 Kale, spinach shake with acai and collagen.

lzb80e62o8it.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Friday night we usually eat out as hubby thinks it makes the weekend feel longer. We went to a Sri Lankan soft launch.
    qlkr4umr1m45.jpeg
    dou8w1dxvwdb.jpeg
    b84hzrn9ou7w.jpeg
    a9znpgc3omo2.jpeg
  • acpgee
    We went to our favourite Nikkei restaurant offering 50% off food. Nikkei is the food of the Japanese diaspora in South America, predominantly Peru and Brazil. Think Japanese food that incorporates new world ingredients such as chillis, coriander and passion fruit. It can be worth subscribing to the newsletter of favourite restaurants. In London some offer discounts to regulars during slow months, typically January and mid summer.
    yh7bs6jp6d9a.jpeg
    4g920s9awsh1.jpeg
    j4s7aynkxtwh.jpeg
    npabst1mitwn.jpeg

• acpgee
    Cooking at home on the weekend after eating out on Friday and Saturday. I did make use of a pork tenderloin roast that was cooked sous vide last month in an asian marinade and tossed into the freezer. I normally air fry the defrosted joint for 10 minutes to brown before carving and serving. Usually a strategy reserved for weeknights but I took the joint out of the freezer for Thursday but didn't get around to eating it because we were full from our starter. Sides of cucumber salad with store bought Japanese sesame dressing, a quick Chinese cabbage stir fry with garlic and fish sauce, and brown rice. There was a little of my misshapen Lo Bak Gao (Chinese turnip cake) which was too soft to slice into neat squares before pan frying. Looking forward to buying the right type of rice flour for making this which will hopefully lead to firmer, neater slices.
    x2ykl58jdic4.jpeg