What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Last night's dinner.

Or... not. LOL Lemme re-look at the first post again.

Let's try it again...

29A9848A-orig.jpg
  • haileybailey5
    haileybailey5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Healthy (and filling!) Taco Soup!:smile:

1zyohw.jpg

Recipe:
    1 lb of lean ground beef (I use 96/4 and add a tablespoon of Olive Oil)
    1 can of Kidney Beans
    1 can of Black Beans
    1 can of Pinto Beans
    1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
    1 can of Green Chiles
    1 8oz can of Tomato Sauce
    1 can of Yellow Corn
    1 Packet of Taco Seasoning

All you do is brown the meat, then add all the cans without draining, bring to a boil and then simmer for 30-60 minutes! I grab myself a giant bowl, add some salsa, cut up avocado and I have a filling, high fiber, low fat meal! It makes a HUGE pot of soup, so its good for a large family or to have left overs for a long time! I put it as having 10 servings on MFP, this will serve a family of 5 about 2 servings each, and it came to less than 200 calories per serving!

Oh, and for the less healthy in your family, my boyfriend likes to top his with crushed chips, cheese, and sour cream!
  • emmiller23
    Options
    Oooohhh great food inspiration BUMP
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    IMAG0176.jpg

Honey Teriyaki Sriracha Chicken breast with a side salad.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

^^ Both of these look great nd I bet taste awesome here btw for how long do you stir your protein with water to make you sludge ? Cuz I don't know if I am stirring enough sometimes nd I don't end up getting the consistency I want ?

Those ones I didn't even use protein. All it was was 250g of cottage cheese and 1 serve of sf pudding mix then added maybe 50ml of water. Stir it up and it was good to go. COuld whack it in the freezer for a bit though.

I never use just protein powder for sludges. Always mixed with either ffgy or cottage cheese. Way more volume :smile:

Deevaa: so many inuendos re your cat burrito but I won't go there :tongue:

choc/cinnamon proats with almonds & berries
    20130110_074415.jpg

choc protein cake
    20130110_100054.jpg

tacoless taco
    20130110_194737.jpg

more hound dogs!
    20130110_202009.jpg

peanut/vanilla protein mug muffin with sf maple syrup
    20130110_233357.jpg
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Healthy (and filling!) Taco Soup!:smile:

Recipe:
    1 lb of lean ground beef (I use 96/4 and add a tablespoon of Olive Oil)
    1 can of Kidney Beans
    1 can of Black Beans
    1 can of Pinto Beans
    1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
    1 can of Green Chiles
    1 8oz can of Tomato Sauce
    1 can of Yellow Corn
    1 Packet of Taco Seasoning

All you do is brown the meat, then add all the cans without draining, bring to a boil and then simmer for 30-60 minutes! I grab myself a giant bowl, add some salsa, cut up avocado and I have a filling, high fiber, low fat meal! It makes a HUGE pot of soup, so its good for a large family or to have left overs for a long time! I put it as having 10 servings on MFP, this will serve a family of 5 about 2 servings each, and it came to less than 200 calories per serving!

A very popular weight watchers recipe. It freezes very well.

Oh, and for the less healthy in your family, my boyfriend likes to top his with crushed chips, cheese, and sour cream!
  • haileybailey5
    haileybailey5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh, thats great! I never thought about freezing it. :)
  • AyySixPack
    AyySixPack Posts: 144 Member
    Options

^^ Both of these look great nd I bet taste awesome here btw for how long do you stir your protein with water to make you sludge ? Cuz I don't know if I am stirring enough sometimes nd I don't end up getting the consistency I want ?

Those ones I didn't even use protein. All it was was 250g of cottage cheese and 1 serve of sf pudding mix then added maybe 50ml of water. Stir it up and it was good to go. COuld whack it in the freezer for a bit though.

I never use just protein powder for sludges. Always mixed with either ffgy or cottage cheese. Way more volume :smile:

Oohh I see alrite thanks for the tip man gonna try it out the more volume the better right lol :tongue:

choc/cinnamon proats with almonds & berries
    choc protein cake
    tacoless taco
    more hound dogs!
    peanut/vanilla protein mug muffin with sf maple syrup

Damn man such awesomes you always got going on great stuff!
    Nd you finally tried the protein cake in a mug thing looks great what did you use in it apart from the standard egg whites and protein powder ?
  • runningwild00
    Options
    Anyone wanna cook for me!?? Jeeze, you guys are all great chefs, good work!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

Nd you finally tried the protein cake in a mug thing looks great what did you use in it apart from the standard egg whites and protein powder ?

I make these things all the time but they usually look too crap to bother taking photos.

However this one was a little different. Long story but I was trying to make some more PB and had salted peanuts. Washed them and put them in food processor and then realised that they would need to be re roasted to turn into PB. So I just added coconut oil until it was "somewhat" sticky. So it's like a sort of sticky peanut flour.

So I took 50g of this mix and then added 20g vanilla whey, 50ml egg whites and some baking powder. So this was was not very low cal at all. Hence why it looks and tasted so damn good I guess :tongue:
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    8366522027_c196678400.jpg

Freshly caught snapper happily marinating in lemon pepper

8367590340_32bd9e8d38.jpg

Lemon pepper snapper, veggies, sunny side up egg and smashed potatoes with onion
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Kimchi fried rice:

P1000228.jpg
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    individual baked eggplant parmesans

eggplantparms1.jpg
  • Candylips70
    Options
    WOW! I love this thread! Lot's of great (and yummy) ideas!
  • iliefskic
    Options
    hahaha..no your not crazy. if you look closely you can see it..lol
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    8368764689_1d438a823d.jpg

Three cheese pasta with diced roma tomato and spinach, and a healthy kick of habanero hot pepper sauce
  • justmeeh91
    justmeeh91 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is the salad I made for lunch! red leaf lettuce with baby spinach, mushrooms, granny smith apple, raisins(going to use cranberries next time), bleu cheese crumbles, walnuts, oven roasted chicken breast, and toasted ginger sesame dressing! DELISH! :D

DSC09514.jpg
  • staceywoo
    Options
    Last night's dinner - Griddled honey yellow bean pork with udon noodles, pak choy, mushrooms and spring onion. All made from scratch, yum!

photo_zpsfe959096.jpg

(hopefully this image works!)
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump