What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and cheddar stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. Sauteed cabbage and onions

f0xbx3.jpg

Money Shot

2dagco2.jpg

Chicken breast with sautéed cabbage and onions

1zg6npz.jpg

Slow cooker BBQ ribs and broccoli

34rhrg1.jpg
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    @ nz_deevaa, that cocktail looks fantastic. What was it? Mojito or something more interesting?
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Dinner - Homemade lentil soup (lentils, tomatoes, basil, onion, mushrooms, garlic, turkey, raisins, cashews, parmasean) and a clementine.

imagejpg1_zpsf0656086.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    @ nz_deevaa, that cocktail looks fantastic. What was it? Mojito or something more interesting?

Something LESS interesting. LOL

It was mint, mango and coconut water.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Deeva, you looks fabulous on your new profile pic! And everything you posted looks yummy!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and cheddar stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. Sauteed cabbage and onions

Money Shot
    :love: :love: :love:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Need to use the [ img ] brackets ...

Flickr doesn't work so well, use Tinypic
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Ba bump tsss
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dinner - Homemade lentil soup (lentils, tomatoes, basil, onion, mushrooms, garlic, turkey, raisins, cashews, parmasean) and a clementine.

You've mentioned that you make a pot of beans or lentils and then use them throughout the week. Do you have a recipe or do you just make them plain? I'd like to make beans from scratch instead of using canned, but mine always come out flat and tasteless.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

You've mentioned that you make a pot of beans or lentils and then use them throughout the week. Do you have a recipe or do you just make them plain? I'd like to make beans from scratch instead of using canned, but mine always come out flat and tasteless.

I always season my beans really well before putting them in water with: Costco no salt seasoning, thyme, garlic, turmeric, lemon seasoning (the one with salt), black pepper and 2-3 tbs of olive oil. Stir really well so that the beans are all coated with the seasoning, then add the water, just enough to cover the beans and pressure cook for 15-20 minutes.

Of course I soak the beans overnight.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bump! :bigsmile:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Made a bunch of chicken breasts in the crockpot with some taco seasoning, can of rotel, frozen corn, lime juice and garlic. Shredded it and will use for enchilada filling and assorted other what not. Last night put them over rice with cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole.

The whole batch:
    840dbe8d-2aa9-48e0-b42f-c4bda466288f_zps68215e5e.jpg

My serving last night:
    EF59A00A-D8C8-4434-9E36-1D25C3158A7A_zps9cccfadr.jpg

Dessert:
    Pumpkin Spice Gelato and Toasted Almond Gelato. Great combination...
    EA697830-4415-4BEE-8D93-EDB69E037244_zpsmdyymyyd.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

I do make a pot of beans or lentils every Sunday and then use them throughout the week. I usually just cook them in water and add a large can of crushed tomatoes and/or low sodium veggie, chicken or beef stock, and I usually added some chopped onion and garlic and if needed I'll add a little salt to taste (the tomatoes and stock are already seasoned, so I usually don't add much salt). I don't over season them though because when we eat them during the week we like to add other seasonings, veggies, meats, when we reheat them.
  • likewhoa712
    likewhoa712 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Yum!! How do you make the cabbage?
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Yum!! How do you make the cabbage?

Cut the cabbage in half and then slice it really thin, same goes for the large yellow onion. I sautéed in a cast iron dutch pan with two table spoons of coconut oil, I used half the head of cabbage and one onion. I stirred until well coated with the coconut oil and let it get a bit charerd on the bottom before stirring. I like it charred. At the end I added a bit of Greek seasoning( salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano) It fed two people as a side
  • littlejane91
    Options
    1zcpcvn.jpg

Chicken with tonnes of spinach, broccolini, feta, greek yoghurt and peri peri sauce. Side of Raspberry Chobani and a slice of chocolate cake I baked :) This is why I LOVE counting calories - balance and guilt free eating!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Deeva, you looks fabulous on your new profile pic! And everything you posted looks yummy!

Ed Coan makes me look cute?
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @Socajam and @mygnsac - Thank you for the bean advice. When next I shop, I shall sally forth and try again. ;)