What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Oatmeal (cooked with just a little bit of water so it turns out thick and sticky) with raw cacao powder, a pinch of salt and a splash of milk, sweetened with Splenda and a crushed meringue. Tastes better than it looks :wink: (almost feels like eating brownies).
    Coffee with a splash of milk, also sweetened with Splenda.
    ~ 250 kcal.

hgok9cvikgg4.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Corn thins with protein spread, strawbs and coconut. Egg white scramble with veggies, laughing cow cheese and nacho cheese popcorn seasoning

PF9BK26.jpg

Cauliflower 'fried rice'.
    C5aOgS9.jpg
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2015
    20150613_135224b6fb4.md.jpg

China Bar Seafood Tom Yum Soup with Noodles. No pic because I was bloody fammished! It was delicious though.
    Stopped at PJs Southbank for a (non frothy) frothy...see above pic.

Now at Crown watching the footy with a cider and will head to the Merrywell for some eats later.

Happy Saturday!
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    After months of research and deliberation (and waiting for a good sale), I finally bought my first food processor today! It's a handheld processor/blender/whisk all-in-one situation. There are so many recipes I've been wanting to try but they just weren't possible without a food processor.

First up - cauliflower rice! Served with black bean veggie chilli, cheese, greek yoghurt instead of sour cream and some spinach. It was so good and I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch all next week.

fgh7s03yrffl.png
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2015
    Flatbread pizza night with the fiancé and Orange is the New Black, no leftovers. All made on garlic naan, toppings are:
    Roasted salsa verde, peppers, onions, cumin spiced soy crumbles, Monterey Jack cheese
    Burst cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella
    Coconut tofu curry (leftover), spinach, emmentaler cheese
    Light cream cheese, chili flakes, raspberries, green onion, grated Parmesan

qpci934r5n03.jpg
  • NickyChafer
    NickyChafer Posts: 17 Member
    Homemade strawberry pavlova!
  • swift13b
    @tlharin Those pizzas look amazing! I've never heard of putting raspberries on pizza before, except on chocolate/dessert pizzas.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm finding myself on a quest to sample all the Quest bars I find intriguing. So far, 10 crossed off my list...
    Also some yummy dessert squares.
    c4axciylvi44.jpg
    hc02xekuw8su.jpg
  • swift13b
    edited June 2015
    A batch of spinach, mushroom and laughing cow cheese egg muffins for the week (the silicone liners were perfect btw, they slid right out without any oil):

bhhlhda2o0ql.jpg

Ate two for lunch with some leftover chilli and tomato sauce. The laughing cow cheese was amazing in it, better than the feta from last week (and feta is just about my favourite cheese... and cheese is just about my favourite food).

g0p4impu9mu6.jpg

Crispy tofu, hoisin veggies, cauli rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds for dinner.

qd7sx5mqh8w3.jpg

I also made some date and nut energy balls today but I don't have a photo of them yet!
  • swift13b
    edited June 2015
    And here are the date and nut energy balls, seen here with some vegemite chocolate!

9l4r6bubijvk.jpg

For any Australians on this board, Aldi has this amazing "diet" ice cream called Big Spoon Bits and Pieces. It comes in cookie dough flavour (on the right) and chocolate brownie (not shown). 60 grams of the cookie dough ice cream is only 76 calories. It's not quite as creamy/rich as regular chocolate but it has ~bits and pieces~ of cookie dough in it and it tastes a lot better than Skinny Cow in my opinion. They say "limited time" on the containers so I think I'm going to stock up on them, if there's any left!

g5u029np7f1h.jpg

• tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    swift13b wrote: »
    @tlharin Those pizzas look amazing! I've never heard of putting raspberries on pizza before, except on chocolate/dessert pizzas.

Neither had I, @swift13b! But I'm on an unofficial mission to reclaim fruits for savory applications, and savory bits for sweet application. Am happy to report that raspberry pairs (perhaps surprisingly?) well with garlic and onion, especially with a bit of heat. Next time, I might plan ahead and use some fresh jalapeno or poblano pepper instead of just chili flakes.

Along those lines: let it be known that the most scientifically perfect topping combination for vanilla ice cream is peach preserves and a heavy swirl of sriracha chili sauce.

o9p71709wb12.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Roast turkey sandwich on toasted Alvarado St. wheat bread with cheddar-jack cheese, romaine, mushrooms, tomato, onion, mayo and mustard; cucumber, tomato and red bell pepper; and a few tortilla chips.

b24rrm3elpha.jpg
  • sdraper2014
    sdraper2014 Posts: 81 Member
    Grilled portobello mushrooms topped with balsamic vinegar grilled halloumi, tomato and basil. Side of sweet potato fries and steamed asparagus. vyo2jdsk4s3z.jpg
  • JL2513
    Delicious, indulgent dinner last night. Sirloin topped with lobster, scallops and gorgonzola, with a side of fries and veggies. Seafood chowder. Mac and cheese. Vanilla and chocolate frozen yogurt topped with peanut butter cups and salted caramel truffles.
    982nx649risd.jpg
    izomymgf3vgn.jpg
    8b130pra57z2.jpg
    awgf99swwiuy.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    @JL2513 did you make all that or was it a restaurant meal? Looks amazing!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Breakfast out today.

ujlhbu5oqwbv.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Baked sweet potato with canned salmon, corn, tomatoes and bolthouse dressing... their stuff is SO good
    8iD07WH.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Scallop, carrot, mustard seed

IMG_20150615_193054.jpg
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    swift13b wrote: »
    A batch of spinach, mushroom and laughing cow cheese egg muffins for the week (the silicone liners were perfect btw, they slid right out without any oil):

bhhlhda2o0ql.jpg

Yes... Yes... *Googles egg muffins*

• JL2513
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    @JL2513 did you make all that or was it a restaurant meal? Looks amazing!

It was a restaurant meal :) Everything was really tasty. I normally don't eat at steakhouses, but that was a solid meal that's changed my perspective!