What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @acpgee @ thanks for the link😊
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    @acpgee @ thanks for the link😊

That soup was fabulous. I normally make dutch split pea soup which always generates celeriate leftovers. The celeriac soup with chorizo oil is my favourite way ot dealing with leftover celeriac so far.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Tofu bun cha here
    https://www.hohaki.com/
    9bylzdoa43un.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    oisjj95hvqit.jpeg

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Purple Carrots & standard Carrots with Dijon & Honey Yoghurt Dip.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Cassoulet and green salad.
    eb60up4ookt7.jpeg
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Oven fries, roasted brussel sprouts and pork schnitzel.
    quoxr6h5pilc.jpg

is that panko crust? how do you prepare your schnitzel?
  • acpgee
    Options
    First course of steamed artichokes with re-heated leftover hollandaise which split because I didn't choose the lowest temperature on the microwave. Pan fried sole, zhug, roast potatoes as main.
    vwandif8a5br.jpeg
    9p149zdthl68.jpeg

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @acpgee I really should wear my glasses... I thought you wrote deep fried slug.. ha,ha
  • acpgee
    Options
    @acpgee I really should wear my glasses... I thought you wrote deep fried slug.. ha,ha

I have tried eating insects. Before a trip to Cambodia, I thought I needed to get over any aversion to eating insects. There is a pretty authentic Mexican near me that serves guacamole with optional garnish of deep fried grasshoppers. So I ordered that. The grasshoppers tasted like peanuts, incidentally.

When we were actually in Cambodia, there only one occasion when tarantulas, tree ants, and crickets were on the menu. I opted for chicken that night.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Mash, roast asparagus, air fryer copy cat shake n bake chicken.
    pi9p83dogtph.jpeg

• leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian flat out pizza with a side of fennel, apple salad.
    xwlvpapqoul6.jpg

I would eat that. And I’m not even a vegetarian, lol.
  • leonard41704
    Options
    4dzaiqx41b18.jpeg
    My first cheat meal a couple of months ago. A combination of 13 tacos from Rusty Taco. It was 2900 cals. All corn tortillas. I didn’t eat any of the chips and salsa.
  • leonard41704
    Options
    kbd2op2z15yz.jpeg

Pizza Trail Mix. It’s an awesome snack. I have to force myself not to eat too much at one time. My family and their friends love it.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    xwlvpapqoul6.jpg

I find it so funny when carnivores say 'I'd eat that and I'm not even vegetarian'....or I've had some of my carni-friends say - 'Oh, I'm not a vegetarian so I can't eat______'

No offense...just find it humorous! ;)
  • acpgee
    Options
  • JeffJensen2
    JeffJensen2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    z707schdqk0w.png
  • leonard41704
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    xwlvpapqoul6.jpg

I find it so funny when carnivores say 'I'd eat that and I'm not even vegetarian'....or I've had some of my carni-friends say - 'Oh, I'm not a vegetarian so I can't eat______'

No offense...just find it humorous! ;)

That is kinda funny when you think about it, lol. I’m just the kind of guy that would eat anything that tastes great,...and not overly packed with calories. I keep telling all of my friends and family that I’m not on any special diet. If I ate something like that for dinner,...they’d think that I’m now a vegetarian. I consider myself a carnitarian or a vegivore.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look pretty, but I am proud of this one because I made it up. I steam tilapia and red chard over freekeh. But I felt like it needed a sauce, so I took the red steam water and added broth, cornstarch, lemon, thyme, garlic, parmesan cheese and it turned out great! sxidghlbf3u7.jpg
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I meal prep my week of breakfasts every Sunday. Been doing this in old glass jars for years. This rendition includes homemade yogurt, chia seeds, hemp hearts, oat groats, protein powder, creatine, blueberries o78x158pf4bc.jpg