One year....100lbs gone!

Options
I was going to wait until I hit my UGW before doing a success topic, but a few of my friends wanted me to go ahead. I've always been bigger, but my weight really started rising after tearing my ACL during one of my softball games. My activity level decreased and my eating habits became worse.

I started in December 2011 at 310 lbs and was doing great until May of this year when I lost focus. No excuses just let other things come before my weightloss. In August, I found out I had tumors on both ovaries. Thankfully they benign but are still very painful at times. I was told that it would be better for me to drop down to 180 before surgery. So that day I refocused. It wasn't about just trying to get fit and healthy, it was time to save my life.

In August, I was 259 lbs and now as of December 15 I am 210 lbs. In the beginning, I was mainly doing cardiograph but since October I've been lifting heavy with a little bit of cardio and have noticed much more progress. I LOVE lifting much more than I thought I would.

I still have between 50 and 60 lbs to go and btw I'm 5'7.. ;)

Face comparison 310 lbs vs. 210 lbs
PicsArt_1355923643440_zps5065dc43.png

310lbs
1354978863036_zps246a9155.jpg

210lbs
1354979006289_zpsc07012c0.jpg

Replies

• AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    That's my sexy friend! Great job, love!
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Fantastic work, well done! :D You look amazing!
  • chez_b
    chez_b Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Congrats to you on your great results.
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You're doing so great and I'm so proud of you!

Great work!
  • Damion72
    Damion72 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That is so motivating. Be proud of what you have accomplished and don't give up!!!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    So amazing !! You look fantastic
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Well done!
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on ALL that you are doing! You are changing your life and making it happen! I so love your positive attitude! Keep on you! Incredible work and dedication!
  • newlife3182
    Options
    You look beautiful! It gives me hope for mine. I have been thinking of just doing Zumba but think I'm going to do lifting and insanity before moving to the Zumba or incorporate both. Great job!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Amazing You have done an amazing job! You are beautiful :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job!!! Congrats :)
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Very well done!!
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Nice you got refocused.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    inspiring! you look wonderful
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic. And you'll be at your goal before you know it!
  • amcmullan
    amcmullan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!! That is so motivating and I need that right now...You are such a great person, beautiful inside and out!!
    MUAH!!!
  • StonesUnturned
    StonesUnturned Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job and best of luck with your health.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, I'd never believe you even still weigh as much as you do because you look much smaller and there is a huge change in your face. Congrats!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!