Replies

• GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    what a beautiful thing to do, thanks for sharing x
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Maybe I read it wrong but I thought that they were going to go back to an unused school 7 miles away? Great idea though, thanks for posting.

I hope they don't have to return to that same school.....

They aren't going back to Sandy Hook, it's still a crime scene and will be for months. For now, they will be going to a nearby school that was closed. That school needs a significant amount of renovation, and volunteers have been working to get that school in order. Last I heard on the news, they were anticipating that the Sandy Hook kids would be going back to school sometime this week. Don't know for sure though.

The snowflakes are an awesome idea. A friend of mine lost his niece in the shooting, so I will definitely be making some and bringing them down.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    What a lovely idea :smile:
  • Guatamellon
    Guatamellon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know. I shared this on my FB page. I am excited to help out in some sort of way.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Perfect, my kids need an outlet, a way to show their support! We will be making some serious snow flakes!

Thanks for sharing!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Bump.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Also shared on my facebook page. My 6 year old brought this up for the first time today. This'll be a great (as positive) way to react and help him to understand it!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    My DIL is a primary school teacher (Gr. 1&2) I will pass this on.
    Maybe we'll send "Canadian Snowflakes" to show our support. :smile:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What a sweet idea!
    I'm definitely going to be doing this...I made too many snowflakes this year, so I have about 50 just stashed away between books
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I shared this on facebook and with my daughter who is a 1st grade teacher :-)
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What an awesome idea!! Posted on facebook and will be doing with my children during Christmas break :happy:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    What a great idea... i will try to do something!!!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Thank You everybody to replying to my Post. I know thiis address will get around the world. I wanted to reach out to MFP family for help.
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump, what a great project for the kids over Christmas break. I have a 7 year old son and he would love to help.
  • RoMosley
    RoMosley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I still cant grasp, what happen. I cry everyday,and every hour. I have two kids 5 and 9,and cant stop giving them,
    extra hugs and kiss's. Our school in Illinois,has had a school meeting with teachers and parents,everyday since
    this happen. We now have extra volunteers in the school and outside the school. I will definitely: email this to our school.
    Thank you for the post,and hug your kids and tell them everyday how much you love them,May God Bless you all,and those
    of the family of the fallen.:sad:
  • lnmullins
    Options
    You can certainly count me in. This will be great for me and my children,a great way to show support!!
    I'll also pad this to my children's elementary school for an art project for the students.
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have two kids. one is 3 and one is 17. I heard about this tragedy at work on the news. That night i told my daughter about it. then i found out a couple days later that a senoir at my daughters school had written threats on the wall at school about killing a police officer. when they searched his locker they found similair threats and a message saying that everyone at the school was going to die at 3:07pm. I spent over an hour talking to my daughter about how protecting yourself and everyone else and tattleing were not the same thing. I went on and on about how sometimes you have to be the rat in order to prevent bad things from happening. This boy who was planning on doing something at her school was stopped because kids told what they saw and heard. We are always telling our kids (just like we were told) not to tattle, but there is a line and I am hoping that both my children will recognize the different and pass it on to their kids too.

crying for the children and their families
    :cry:
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I forwarded the information to my son's daycare. they immediately sent out an email to all the parents saying that they would be having the children make snowflakes for the rest of the week and that they would collect snowflakes from familys until 12/31. They will be mailing them all to the school in CT. My family has already decided that we will make as many snow flakes as we can on christmas day after lunch. I hope that school gets more snowflakes then it can handle to show our sorrow for the tragedy.
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this idea and how it can involve everyone in the healing process that will take place in Connecticut. I have already forwarded this information to the principal at my children's school, the director of their daycare, a friend that will be hosting a Christmas party on Friday, my best friend, and plan to do it with my kids as well!