I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    Ironic this topic came up I have a coworker that sat down at the lunch table and pulls out a mayo and pineapple sandwhich! Dafuq is that all about? So I made jokes of "bud do you need a couple dollars to add some protein to that sandwhich?" apparently it was a thing his grandmother got him started on.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This thread has been highly entertaining-lol!!! Nothing anyone eats is an irritation to me- people like what they like. Doesn't mean I'll try it.

Original OP- I am from New Mexico- land of Hatch chili- and its a food group all its own- and very versatile. Throw green chili chopped into fetticini alfredo- or on top of a burger- it is the bomb!

(Since I rarely eat carbs- I will likely go with the burger- no bun :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This thread has been highly entertaining-lol!!! Nothing anyone eats is an irritation to me- people like what they like. Doesn't mean I'll try it.

Original OP- I am from New Mexico- land of Hatch chili- and its a food group all its own- and very versatile. Throw green chili chopped into fetticini alfredo- or on top of a burger- it is the bomb!

Me too....from NM. Love my Chile! Red, green, or both! I put it on just about everything..not all the time, but you know what I mean.

To the OP...SPAM...SPAM is just wrong.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Me too....from NM. Love my Chile! Red, green, or both! I put it on just about everything..not all the time, but you know what I mean.

SPAM scares me to death- I don't think its food so maybe off topic
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    some friend of my sister's brought over a challah she made with nuts, dates and figs, some things should just stay original, no modifiers needed.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I like dipping my fries in my chocolate milkshake...

so do I :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    This is actually pretty common and a lot of people like it but..pineapple on pizza. It ruins perfectly good pizza for me.

Me too - it is just plain wrong!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.
    Mmmmm Hot so as to warm the milk and melt the butter. Especially brown rice and change it to brown sugar. But I like it both ways.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Adding ketchup to everything....yeah I like it with fries, burgers, etc but not in mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese or eggs! Ewwww...

I put ketchup on my tacos... and it's delicious. My hubby always cringes when I do it and calls it Gringo Salsa. lol
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options

SPAM scares me to death- I don't think its food so maybe off topic

SPAM, the we don't even know what it is meat
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg or potato salad in gumbo....gross

apples, celery, raisins or any other "chunks" in tunafish

and - it's common- but nuts in brownies or fudge pisses me off

guess I like my smooth texture!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

I think adding hot sauce to food basically means the food tastes bad, or that you just want to drink hot sauce. If you put hot sauce on food someone else cooks for you, it's basically an insult to their cooking.

Don't ruin food with hot sauce! you are supposed to taste the FOOD! :tongue:

Disagree. A little hot sauce helps to enhance the inherent flavor of the food. Yeah, sure, if you DROWN it in the sauce you might have a point...but a couple drops isn't an insult to anyone. Unless you also consider salt, pepper, or any other condiment to be an insult, too.
    ABSOLUTELY! I am constantly finding things that taste even better with a little hot pepper. I it is a great substitue for salt in every way.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    somebody else has probably already said it....but mixing any ethnics -- taco pizza - that's wrong on so many levels!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    What I'm reading here is just a whole lot of personal likes, dislikes, tastes and preferences. I eat what I like, and some of my choices may be odd to others, but it's what I like. So, who am I to judge what tastes good to other people or whether it's "right or wrong"?

And to answer the OP: my husband is from the South. He makes the best chili, and while most of the time he eats it "straight", he's been known to put it over pasta too. That's his preference, so is this "wrong"?
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sugar on tortillas. I've seen a few people do this and I just don't get it.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What I'm reading here is just a whole lot of personal likes, dislikes, tastes and preferences. I eat what I like, and some of my choices may be odd to others, but it's what I like. So, who am I to judge what tastes good to other people or whether it's "right or wrong"?

And to answer the OP: my husband is from the South. He makes the best chili, and while most of the time he eats it "straight", he's been known to put it over pasta too. That's his preference, so is this "wrong"?

Hey boo - got you a present

ChillPill.gif

tumblr_l8rv44w3ID1qddjb4o1_500.gif
  • JG1088
    JG1088 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is actually pretty common and a lot of people like it but..pineapple on pizza. It ruins perfectly good pizza for me.

^^^this
  • wcjcjplourde
    wcjcjplourde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I grew up on rice, sugar, and milk! Our mom would make it for breakfast, with the rice leftover from dinner. It was a poor person's version of cream of wheat.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • wcjcjplourde
    wcjcjplourde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.

I grew up on rice, sugar, and milk! Our mom would make it for breakfast, with the rice leftover from dinner. It was a poor person's version of cream of wheat.