I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I don't understand those super sugary cereals, or the chocolate ones that 'turn your milk into chocolate milk' or whatever. Euhg, it sounds disgusting. Why not do honey nut cheerios if you need it to be sweet? At least that's semi-healthier, as far as refined/processed carbs go.

Honey Nut Cheerios =/= Chocolate!
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Rice with sugar and milk - Yum. One of my childhood favorites. Both my parents are from the south.
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    French food is always a bit funny in the US... and usually wrongly written (especially in the restaurants).
    In France, fries are not french, toasts are not french (and please NO cinammon on these - we dont use cinamon in France), etc etc...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm weird in that I love a lot of weird food combinations. Sweet and savoury rocks IMHO (eg, cheese with fruit in).

However, I can't stand sugar in cream. The point of cream in a dessert is to off-set the sugar, not to add more! My dad is the worst though: any left-over cream and he spoons sugar in and eats it like that :P

And sugar on strawberries. They're sweet already!
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My brother has a hangover cure where he pours gravy, mint, vinegar and ketchup into a mug, gives it a good stir then necks it in one. *wretches* Get behind me Satan!

My dad sometimes likes ketchup on his rice... for the love of everything that is good and holy! blurgh!

People who make delicious fruit smoothies then tip a truckload of sugar into them. *stomach cramps* noooo!

Also, of separate note: people who go to Chinese/Indian/Thai (etc) restaurants and order a burger and fries. Duhhh lol. What are you even doing there?
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    pickles....in anything
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    people who put water in a fine single malt.

This was how a distillery (Black Bush) told us to drink it. Quality whiskey and coke upsets me. Get the cheap stuff if you're going to do that!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Miracle whipp, I just can't handle sweet mayo.

Your problem is a lack of understanding. It's not sweet mayonnaise, it's salad dressing. It's a whole dIfferent food item.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    people who put water in a fine single malt.

This was how a distillery (Black Bush) told us to drink it. Quality whiskey and coke upsets me. Get the cheap stuff if you're going to do that!

It's how you should drink it, a small amount of water mobilises the flavour profile.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    pickles....in anything

Blasphemy.......I know some women who love pickes.....and if loving pickles is wrong. I don't want to be right.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    What I'm reading here is just a whole lot of personal likes, dislikes, tastes and preferences. I eat what I like, and some of my choices may be odd to others, but it's what I like. So, who am I to judge what tastes good to other people or whether it's "right or wrong"?

And to answer the OP: my husband is from the South. He makes the best chili, and while most of the time he eats it "straight", he's been known to put it over pasta too. That's his preference, so is this "wrong"?

Hey boo - got you a present

ChillPill.gif

tumblr_l8rv44w3ID1qddjb4o1_500.gif

hahahahaha. calm down. this is a fun thread where the OP just asked what we like, don't like, and think is weird.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    pickles....in anything

Blasphemy.......I know some women who love pickes.....and if loving pickles is wrong. I don't want to be right.

hahaha when I was prego I liked pickles and marshmallows. could never do the ice cream combo
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I had an ex whos father put salt in his beer!!! Salty beer? yuck!!
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I had an ex whos father put salt in his beer!!! Salty beer? yuck!!

Ohhh...they have a tangy beer salt that goes great with pilsners.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I thought pasta in chili was goulash ...
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    This is actually pretty common and a lot of people like it but..pineapple on pizza. It ruins perfectly good pizza for me.

This^^^ Every time someone puts pineapple on a pizza the world loses just a little bit of happiness.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Pineapple should be banned in entirety.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any food combinations that bother me.

I am the guilty one who:

Likes ham and pineapple on a pizza.
    Dips her breakfast sausage/bacon in pure Canadian maple syrup.
    Dips her Polish Kielbasa in sour cream.
    Puts ketchup on her blue-box KD.
    Puts ketchup on her scrambled eggs.
    Dips a regular cheddar and white bread grilled cheese sandwich in miracle whipe.
    Puts coffee grinds AND cinnamon in her chili (but no pasta/carbs) and then I top it with chopped red onion (raw) and grated sharp cheddar.

Let the flogging begin. . . . . :blushing:
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    When my mom ruins a perfectly good pumpkin and carrot soup (or really any kind of a vegetable soup) by adding cubed chicken to it.

^^Same goes for salads. I don't get it. A salad is a bunch of luscious fresh veggies, some yummy dressing and herbs. Why the need to dump a bunch of meat on it?

I think that putting any kind of topping besides salt on fries is just criminal.

Grilled cheese made with anything other than bread and cheese.

My dad once put mayo on a sweet nut bread.

Not a food, but I know someone who mixes wine (of the quite expensive, fine, delicious-on-its-own kind) with COKE!!!

I take nuts in brownies as a personal insult.

As a side note, I am actually bored enough that I read through all 18 pages of this thread and I must say some of these combos have me intrigued. Salt on watermelon goes right to the top of my 'to try' list, when I can get my hands on a watermelon.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This thread has been highly entertaining-lol!!! Nothing anyone eats is an irritation to me- people like what they like. Doesn't mean I'll try it.

Original OP- I am from New Mexico- land of Hatch chili- and its a food group all its own- and very versatile. Throw green chili chopped into fetticini alfredo- or on top of a burger- it is the bomb!

(Since I rarely eat carbs- I will likely go with the burger- no bun :)

Me too....from NM. Love my Chile! Red, green, or both! I put it on just about everything..not all the time, but you know what I mean.

To the OP...SPAM...SPAM is just wrong.

SPAM scares me to death- I don't think its food so maybe off topic

SPAM, the we don't even know what it is meat

SPAM or ANY kind of meat from a can scares me! :sick: