I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.
    I was raised on rice with milk and sugar and to this day love it. I was originally from the south but don't know if that has anything to do with it since I have been here since I was 5 years old. We (being 6 of us) were very poor people being raised by a single Mom rice was cheap and went a long way certainly couldn't afford boxed cereal. I do like rice other ways too. So I guess it's all in how your raised. Like my best friend who has mashed banana with milk every morning, that's how she was raised.

I'm from Texas and I've never seen anyone eat rice with milk and sugar poured on it.
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    Rice in burritos.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Ketchup on steak yuck. Also working in a sea food place I see people slather a 15 dollar fresh fl grouper sandwich with ketchup. So wrong.

Cant get into bbq chicken pizza either, just odd.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    a9JPpOp_Cr3QwQaby-Fddz-3-way-chili-skyline-chili-316x192.jpg

Cincinatti Chili (skyline) Do not knock it until you try it. OhhhMeeeGaawwdd. its tasty stuff

That dish has more cheese than noodles....

I approve!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    Options
    OMG putting salsa inside the quesadilla!!! Who does that? Salsa is a topping
  • marvelscale
    Options
    A lot of the things Americans seem to do to "cheese":

cheese in a spray can
    cheese in a jar
    cheese melts
    fat free cheese
    cheese strings

As someone who is Dutch, I have to say that it is all horribly wrong.
    I've tried some of them and they all tasted like plastic to me.
    I worry Americans don't even know what real cheese tastes like.

If anyone is traveling to the EU soon, you should try some real cheese from a local farmers market.
    Your taste buds will thank you ;).

Uh no. Even Americans know that cheese in a can or a jar isn't cheese.

Yeah lol, we also have cheese...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I love ketchup - I put it on eggs, avocados (yum!), burgers, fries, etc.....

....but ketchup on a hot dog is just wrong. R-O-N-G wrong. Brown mustard and onions belong on a hot dog, anything else (except chili and cheese) is sacrilege.

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet - try peanut butter on a hamburger! I saw it on the menu in a diner once and threw up in my mouth a little, but the waitress said "If you don't like it I'll give you anything else on the menu for free". I tried it, loved it, and have eaten peanut butter on my burgers ever since. Burger with cheese, mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato and peanut butter = YUM.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I'm officially weird by this thread standards :-P

I have done/eaten 95% of the foods or food combinations mentioned here, and have enjoyed them or didn't mind them.

The only one that saw on this thread and never crossed my mind was the jam, peanut butter, miracle whip, and cheese whiz sandwich. Not sure how that combination came to light, sounds like a stoned person or joke combination that somehow worked.

Now the only food that I saw someone eat regularly (old friend) and I thought was unappetizing even after trying was canned tuna in oil with sugar poured on it and nothing else, he just ate it with a spoon.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    back to foods that don't go together but people insist on doing it- tuna and cheese. warm tinned tuna with cheese. like a tuna pizza- wtf is that *kitten*? or a tuna and cheest toasted sandwich-:sick:

I'll admit that I love a good tuna melt.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Guac with lettuce? THIS is BLASPHEMY!!!!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.
    When I was a kid, we didn't have money for food for a while and I ate that for breakfast for months. I guess it didn't taste so bad because I was hungry enough to eat anything. The thought of it gags me now. lol

We ate that when we were small and I loved it! Something else; white bread torn up, placed in a glass with milk poured over it! So good! Oh, or cornbread in a glass with buttermilk.....my list goes on and on! Oh, small town country life. Just love it! I grew up in a small town in East Texas and this was pretty common stuff where I grew up.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    ... and don't knock cheese in a can -- my dogs love it!
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Indiana here, I love pasta(macaroni) in my chili. We also dip peanut butter sandwiches in chili, so much so that it was served to us at school with lunch! We like grilled cheese with tomato soup too! Hot sauce on eggs! The list goes on....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

wth...who does this?

I do it! It's delicious! :bigsmile:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

wth...who does this?

I do, as long as there's butter in it first.

omg that's right. He did that too. GROSS

I think rice pudding is gross.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    Ugh. Egg in Potato Salad.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    People frying fish so you can't taste it. (With the exception of catfish, because that's the only way to cook it :wink: ) Frying it negates the health benefits it offers, and unlike chicken, each fish tastes different. It's to be enjoyed.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Anything added to mac n cheese other than mac n cheese. Also, grilled cheese made with all sorts of weird cheese and odd toppings added. Ick. Oh, and syrup pumped into the breakfast sandwiches at McDonald's. Double ick!

THANK YOU! This one guy was bragging about the "awesome" grilled cheese he made with swiss and pepperjack and spinach and tomato slices. So not a grilled cheese. A grilled cheese is white bread, American cheese, and butter, butter, and more butter. And jalapeños, bacon, and whatever else SO does not belong in mac and cheese.

American "cheese" is not even cheese.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I lose a little piece of my soul every time they screw around with Oreos. Double Stuff was the only "improvement" that was ever necessary - they should have stopped there! Ditto with Snickers... if there's anything in there that's not original, it's a different candy bar altogether - fine a different name!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Ugh yuck reminds me when my mother would tear up white bread slices put it in a bowl add milk n spoon full of sugar... disgusting mush! However I remember as a kid loving to dunk my peanut butter n jelly sandwich in milk. Now I would cringe at the thought. :sick:

my mother did that too, but it was when we were out of other breakfast foods..

One of my Dad's ex girlfriends fed this to us for breakfast and called it "*kitten* on a shingle."

I HATED it!!!