I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Chili originally had no beans in it either. I guess that's wrong too? I think it's gross regardless, but I dunno.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Bacon (sliced and crumbled) in hot fudge sundaes...I believe it was Burger King that did this. Gross.

I have people begging for my maple bacon cheesecake for Christmas. Candy-ing the bacon takes me 6-8 hours, and starts tomorrow. :D
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Ranch or mayonnaise in mashed potatoes. Like, seriously? Potatoes aren't calorie rich on their own?

People who put eggs on a burger. Gross!!!

Ketchup or A1 on a steak. Nothing ruins a good steak like "flavor enhancers!"
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    sweet pickle relish in potato salad!! gag!!! :angry:

YES!

Or sweet pickle relish in any "salad" for that matter. Chicken, tuna, egg...it should be CHOPPED CELERY ONLY! That's the way my gramma made it. :smile:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I just went to log my dinner, doing a search for "beef chili". Two of the 6 or 7 "Chili's" that came up at the top of the list contained pasta.

Forgive me, but I grew up in the Southwest, the birthplace of chili.

Putting pasta in chili is wrong. It just is.

So is putting corn in salsa. It shouldn't happen.

So my question is.....

What's the twist on some food that is sacred to you that makes you feel the same way?

Perhaps. Yes, perhaps. BUT. Chili on top of Velveeta shells 'n cheese... That is OH SO RIGHT...
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

wth...who does this?

I've had this as a kid, warm rice, milk, and brown sugar in a bowl. I haven't had it in years! But, back then, it was very good :)
  • msharvey21
    msharvey21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I am so guilty of putting ketchup in my Mac and Cheese!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.
    When I was a kid, we didn't have money for food for a while and I ate that for breakfast for months. I guess it didn't taste so bad because I was hungry enough to eat anything. The thought of it gags me now. lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My grandson dips cinnamon rolls in ketchup. :sick:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Bacon (sliced and crumbled) in hot fudge sundaes...I believe it was Burger King that did this. Gross.

I have people begging for my maple bacon cheesecake for Christmas. Candy-ing the bacon takes me 6-8 hours, and starts tomorrow. :D

Yes please. I think I love you.
  • Espresso345
    Espresso345 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh, I AGREE with you!

I was married to a Texan. He liked beans in his chili. Current husband? No beans (He's Cuban.) I don' like beans generally, but sometimes I miss them in chili.

Salsa that isn't really spicy bugs me. I can take a lot of heat, and the wimpy stuff commercial manufacturers make for Mainstream America makes me laugh.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sugar dumped on spaghetti. Its a freaking main course, not dessert!! Eww
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    My grandson dips cinnamon rolls in ketchup. :sick:

I don't usually say this, but ewwwwww!!!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I make a perfect, juicy, pork loin. It's one of the best things on earth.

If you put ketchup on it, I will take your plate from you and banish you from the dining room. I will too. Ask my son.
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    lettuce on a Philly cheesesteak

please tell me you are joking.

My father came to visit and he asked for this when I called in an order at our local hoagie place. I refused to order it for fear they would spit in our food! Philly cheesesteaks do not contain "cold" ingredients.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    it may be a sin to many, but I don't like bacon. like when I used to go through the drive thru for a burger, theyd ask if id like bacon. no thanks.
    "this new burger has bacon and is only $1 more."
    no thank you.
    "or we have a combo with bacon smothered In bacon and garnashed with bacon."
    i'll take a salad.
    "Would you like the bacon ranch?"
    nevermind.

that n salt on watermelon. lemonade weirds me out, and eating ice cream with a fork, or in a cup with milk. not milkshake, just pouring milk on it.
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    grits with sugar and milk. they are not oatmeal or cream of wheat. they are grits and they are not meant to be sweet like that. save your sugar for your oatmeal people!

i'm confused! how do you eat your grits?
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options

oh wow. my bf would probably eat a whole one! care to share the recipe?
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Adding ketchup to everything....yeah I like it with fries, burgers, etc but not in mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese or eggs! Ewwww...

^^^^^^^THIS!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    BBQ sauce on pizza - Blechhhhh!!!! :sick: