I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    People who use cottage cheese when they make Lasagna... As in full fat full flavor lasagna. When from its voyage over from Italy did it change over from ricotta and mozzarella to cottage cheese?!?

Is Lasagna even truly italian? as in General Tso's chicken isn't really chinese... hah

OMG, I agree sooooo much with this! Also, cottage cheese in a cheesecake. Disgusting.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mustard on a cheesesteak. Horrors!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's Cincinnati Chilli... Chilli over pasta.

Cincinnati Chili... why would you ever put cinnamon in chili? XD

I can dig on the pasta in chili, but only if its rich spicy chili poured over mac and cheese.... just plain pasta in the chili is weird IMO
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

wth...who does this?

lol My parents grew up in the north--Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois and Rice with cinnamon and sugar with milk on it, add a little raisins and they considered it either a treat or a great breakfast cereal. When they moved to SE Texas in 1979 they suffered severe culture shock when they had to eat rice with gravy, rice under chili, etc. Prior to that it was boiled potatoes under chili, and my dad was strictly a potatoes and gravy kind of guy. Hahaha!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    People who cut the fat off meat before grilling or smoking. Blasphemy..

Totally agree!!!! Fat gives the meat flavor!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If I want pizza, I want pizza. I don't understand taco pizza, or cheeseburger pizza, or bbq chicken pizza. If I want a cheeseburger, I will get a cheeseburger. Not a pizza that is supposed to taste like a cheeseburger. Same with the others, although since I've been dieting, I will eat homemade bbq chicken pizza.

I also don't understand fruit flavored candies. Why don't you just eat fruit? It's much better tasting, and much better for you than candy.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    why would you ever put cinnamon in chili?

Why wouldn't you?

Actually, cinnamon is fairly common in authentic mexican foods.

I put it in the chili I made tonight. I ground up the cinnamon stick with the cumin seed.
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm weird. Not sure how it started, but I put salt & pepper on my cantelope! Salt on watermelon. Ummm, yea I also do a dash of salt in my beer. It's really the only time I grab the shaker.
    (ducks and runs)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but how could you eat a sweet pancake and then put sausage inbetween it, eeew! Thats what I can't stand!!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but how could you eat a sweet pancake and then put sausage inbetween it, eeew! Thats what I can't stand!!

Pancakes wrapped around sausage links!! AKA - Pigs in a Blanket!! One of my favorite breakfasts (when I can afford the calories)
  • Stdavis53
    Options
    why would you ever put cinnamon in chili?

Why wouldn't you?

Actually, cinnamon is fairly common in authentic mexican foods.

I put it in the chili I made tonight. I ground up the cinnamon stick with the cumin seed.

True, but cinnamon chili, like at Skyline isn't chili to me.. its a meat sauce, not chili.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Chili should not contain beans--that would be a different dish, "chili beans."
  • Stdavis53
    Options

Pancakes wrapped around sausage links!! AKA - Pigs in a Blanket!! One of my favorite breakfasts (when I can afford the calories)

Pigs in a blanket to me was Croissant rolls over lil smokies. My little brother used to only eat sausage corn dogs, only instead of cornbread, it was a blueberry pancake.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Not having enough chocolate to go with my peanut butter.

I shake your hand, sir.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Chili should not contain beans--that would be a different dish, "chili beans."

I may have found my soulmate.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

Well I am guilty of this. I can't deal with the fat, bone, gristle, veins, etc. it has to be trimmed well before cooking. I can't eat meat off a bone. If fat or bone touches my plate I dont wanna eat anything on the plate. But thats cuz I'm weird. And it has to be cooked well done, any bloody juices could send me right back to being a vegetarian. Since I started eating meat again I can't eat watermelon iff the rind anymore or corn off the cob, I have to cut them off or it's too similar to eating meat off a bone. I'm a freak show. I may need food therapy.

I've never heard of pasta in chili. Gross. I am from the northwest but from what I understand, truly authentic chilli doesn't even have beans.

My mama is from down south and she thinks sweet grits, sweet rice, or sweet cornbread is blasphemy. She says cornbread and honey dont go together. Like hushpuppies, her cornbread is not sweet. Same with grits, which she eats mashed up with a fried egg, salt & pepper.

Years ago my ex sister-in-law was asked to bring sweet potatoes to thanksgiving and she didn't know what that was. Instead of asking, she just sliced up regular russet potatoes and sprinkled sugar on top and baked it. Funniest thing I ever saw!

I think it's weird that in some areas, especially down south that they use coleslaw to top burgers, sandwiches like pulled pork, and even chilli dogs. Yep, right on top of the chilli. Thats nasty.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    French fries with ranch dressing. Disgusting.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    When people ruin chocolate by putting fruit with it. Disgusting!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    People who put ketchup on anything which already has gravy on it. Oh, and people who put on HUGE amounts of condiments until they ooze out of the sub/burger/hotdog/sandwich on every bite.

Speaking of gravy...lol, I love when I hear people call spaghetti sauce 'gravy'. Makes for some interesting crossed wires when you don't realize that there's a difference from northeast to southwest :).
    Chillax!!! This thread isn't meant to be taken so seriously.

Lighten up!

What really burns me is when people combine the words chill, and relax. TWO SEPARATE WORDS PEOPLE!!!

Wait, no it doesn't...carry on lol.

I call tomato sauce red gravy hehe
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think it's weird that in some areas, especially down south that they use coleslaw to top burgers, sandwiches like pulled pork, and even chilli dogs. Yep, right on top of the chilli. Thats nasty.

I'm from the South...A BBQ open-faced sandwich with coleslaw on top is called a "SnowTop" LOVE it!