I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Replies

• Nuts and fruit in a dinner salad. Is it sweet or is it savory. Bipolar salads are terrible.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Ooh! I thought of another. Ranch dressing on EVERYTHING in ridiculous quantities. I'm from the midwest and it seems like a lot of people would mainline the stuff if they could. I knew a girl who would put a good 1/4 inch of ranch over the top of her pizza, and use her french-fries as a utensil for eating ranch. I worked at a restaurant where small salads came with a 4oz cup of dressing (guess which one we went through the most of?) and large salads came with two of them. EVERYONE, without fail, would want at least twice what it came with. Every time I see someone eating a little bit of salad with their giant bowl of ranch dressing, I want to shake them.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Nuts and fruit in a dinner salad. Is it sweet or is it savory. Bipolar salads are terrible.

I am with you on that!
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    My ex-roommates ate raw pasta. Crunch, crunch, crunch, EW.
  • i think chili with pasta is a Cincinnati chili. I grew up in the mid-west.. the chili at school had noodles..
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Nuts and fruit in a dinner salad. Is it sweet or is it savory. Bipolar salads are terrible.

I am with you on that!

Nuts, yes. Fruit...umm, other than tomato? Not for me.
  • My food WTF moment . . . I saw a lady pulling the skin off fried CHICKEN WINGS! Oh brother!
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    pasta in chili? gross! :sick:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    My food WTF moment . . . I saw a lady pulling the skin off fried CHICKEN WINGS! Oh brother!

that is a head scratcher. :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    hey, rice with milk and sugar is good. When I lived in Hawaii that is what EVERYONE ate at breakfast!
  • This is actually pretty common and a lot of people like it but..pineapple on pizza. It ruins perfectly good pizza for me.

But I LOVE pineapple on pizza!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I grew up in the Mid-Atlantic and have NEVER heard or thought of putting pasta in chili.

Also to add to HeidiMighty

I love pineapple on pizza, but I take it one step further and my favorite pizza toppings are pineapple and jalapeno. Whenever I order it from a pizza place, they always say "that's an odd combination" or "never heard that one!"

TBH I've never heard of that one either! My favourite combination (what I always order) is pineapple and pepperoni. Or I'll get a plain, really cheesy pizza, and add onion and pineapple to it. Yum!
  • people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

wth...who does this?

My bf and his mom do that. It's revolting.

My husband used to...until he worked with an Asian guy. Apparently they have an insult that is something like - You're so stupid you put milk in your rice. Or something like that. lol He hasn't done it since.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Why be so negative? That is what's wrong. I can't read the many pages on this thread. What a bummer. there is room in the world for all of us as well as our variations on chile and every other recipe.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Why be so negative? That is what's wrong. I can't read the many pages on this thread. What a bummer. there is room in the world for all of us as well as our variations on chile and every other recipe.

we are just trying to help those who dont know how to eat things properly. its the season of giving!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member

This thread is meant to be funny and lighthearted. The negativity is your perception.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member

This thread is meant to be funny and lighthearted. The negativity is your perception.
    Some people are really defensive about their food combinations. Who knew?
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    I haven't read all the comments- but we make chili spaghetti! lol! (Some people call it "spaghetti red" or "Cincinnati spaghetti"). I make it with the brick chili. Probably not the healthiest stuff in the world but sooooooooo good!
  • people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.

We grew up eating rice with butter and sugar lol so unhealthy
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    i think chili with pasta is a Cincinnati chili. I grew up in the mid-west.. the chili at school had noodles..

Cincinnati Chili is chili served OVER pasta and usually topped with some combination of onion, cheddar cheese, and kidney beans. The chili is also made a bit differently and often includes cinnamon or chocolate. It is also thinner then many other traditional chilis.

I have to wonder if they are meaning a southern goulash (not to be mistaken for a Hungarian goulash). It's a mixture of ground beef, tomatoes, spices, and small pasta (usually elbows).

As for grossness... my dad used to eat a sandwich that was baloney, peanut butter, cheeze whiz, and miracle whip. The thought still grosses me out!