I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I just went to log my dinner, doing a search for "beef chili". Two of the 6 or 7 "Chili's" that came up at the top of the list contained pasta.

Forgive me, but I grew up in the Southwest, the birthplace of chili.

Putting pasta in chili is wrong. It just is.

So is putting corn in salsa. It shouldn't happen.

So my question is.....

What's the twist on some food that is sacred to you that makes you feel the same way?

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I keep my diary closed. I eat things that are socially unacceptable all the time. :tongue:
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    grits with sugar and milk. they are not oatmeal or cream of wheat. they are grits and they are not meant to be sweet like that. save your sugar for your oatmeal people!

I once had a woman (from the South) take my grits away from me after I put on the butter and sugar.

Rightfully so! (Southerner here)

I completely agree. I will not be anywhere near my husband if he does that. he knows better. lol it is just not right!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'll probably never hear the end of this, but...

Maple syrup on any savory breakfast meat. Horrible and nasty. I have to have separate plates for my sausage/bacon and pancakes.
  • rubinsml
    Options
    I will never understand sweet bagels! Bagels should be savory , never sweet.

Rubinsml
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    people that eat rice with sugar and milk.

wth...who does this?

I could be wrong, but "arroz con leche" translates to "rice with milk" and is a very common Mexican dish. I don't know if they put sugar in it or not, but I've had rice with milk and sugar before and I think it's good... :blushing:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    People who put ketchup on anything which already has gravy on it. Oh, and people who put on HUGE amounts of condiments until they ooze out of the sub/burger/hotdog/sandwich on every bite.

Speaking of gravy...lol, I love when I hear people call spaghetti sauce 'gravy'. Makes for some interesting crossed wires when you don't realize that there's a difference from northeast to southwest :).
    Chillax!!! This thread isn't meant to be taken so seriously.

Lighten up!

What really burns me is when people combine the words chill, and relax. TWO SEPARATE WORDS PEOPLE!!!

Wait, no it doesn't...carry on lol.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I just went to log my dinner, doing a search for "beef chili". Two of the 6 or 7 "Chili's" that came up at the top of the list contained pasta.

Forgive me, but I grew up in the Southwest, the birthplace of chili.

Putting pasta in chili is wrong. It just is.

So is putting corn in salsa. It shouldn't happen.

So my question is.....

What's the twist on some food that is sacred to you that makes you feel the same way?

What makes it wrong?? Just because you may not like it? No two people eat the same thing fixed the same way. What I may like, you may hate. What you consider right, I may thing it's wrong....

Lighten up!

Exactly...seeon top it say chit chat fun and games. Breath in breath out
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My niece likes white rice with mustard on it. She didn't tell me what she was eating, just popped a spoonful in my mouth. I ran to the garbage can to spit it out. DISGUSTING!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Making chocolate white?
    Putting pineapple or apple on a pizza?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Lighten up!

What really burns me is when people combine the words chill, and relax. TWO SEPARATE WORDS PEOPLE!!!

Chillax :tongue:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Lighten up!

My dear, it would be difficult at best to find a more chillaxed person than I.

Just sayin :).
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    People who actually put ketchup on pasta.

... Just no.
  • karynspeace
    Options

wth...who does this?
    Lol. My husband does this. He's.a Missouri farm boy, thought this was "grits". Bless his heart! My daughter does sugar and soy sauce... Missouri freaks! At least my daughter likes real grits! There's hope for her yet!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & pickle sandwiches
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Adding ketchup to everything....yeah I like it with fries, burgers, etc but not in mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese or eggs! Ewwww...

In mashed potatoes? Mac n cheese? You've seen this??? :noway: :sick:

I absolutely love ketchup in my Mac n Cheese and on eggs. Not mashed though.....

The thing that really grinds my gears food-wise is when places use Mayo on burgers....most disgusting thing ever

lol, I love a good burger w/ mayo:

bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, burger, ketchup, bun.

AND CHEESE!

Put beetroot on that and you have an aussie-style hamburger :)

We also have a 'burger with the lot' or 'works burger' that also includes a fried egg, bacon and slice of pineapple...... yum!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Lighten up!

My dear, it would be difficult at best to find a more chillaxed person than I.

Just sayin :).

:glasses:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

wth...who does this?

I could be wrong, but "arroz con leche" translates to "rice with milk" and is a very common Mexican dish. I don't know if they put sugar in it or not, but I've had rice with milk and sugar before and I think it's good... :blushing:

i double checked. all of those ingredients are cooked at some point. she is talking about cooking rice then dumping milk and sugar on it like eating Rice Crispies cereal. big difference.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Weird "gourmet" mac and cheese. Basically, anything other than pasta, milk, butter, and American and/or cheddar cheese. If I'm feeling adventurous, I like a touch of mozzarella or provolone. But nothing else. And certainly no strange, smelly cheeses.
    But. But. But.

Lobster mac and cheese is an American classic. I would perish without it. Perish, I tell you!
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    This is actually pretty common and a lot of people like it but..pineapple on pizza. It ruins perfectly good pizza for me.

That. And, my father used to combine mac n cheese and a can of vegetable soup. Flippin' disgusting.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Editing to clarify I am NOT talking about rice pudding. I am talking about cooked rice with butter, sugar and milk poured over the mess.

That's crazy talk!! That is SO good!! I was just thinking about that the last couple days, it's been a while since I've had some!