I'm sorry, but this is just wrong...

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

As for grossness... my dad used to eat a sandwich that was baloney, peanut butter, cheeze whiz, and miracle whip. The thought still grosses me out!

380.jpg
  • mdyorston
    Options
    Pizza that has to be eaten with a knife and fork. That is just wrong.

actually I saw a travel show where they were in Italy and that's how they eat it
  • mdyorston
    Options
    i think chili with pasta is a Cincinnati chili. I grew up in the mid-west.. the chili at school had noodles..

Cincinnati Chili is chili served OVER pasta and usually topped with some combination of onion, cheddar cheese, and kidney beans. The chili is also made a bit differently and often includes cinnamon or chocolate. It is also thinner then many other traditional chilis.

I have to wonder if they are meaning a southern goulash (not to be mistaken for a Hungarian goulash). It's a mixture of ground beef, tomatoes, spices, and small pasta (usually elbows).

As for grossness... my dad used to eat a sandwich that was baloney, peanut butter, cheeze whiz, and miracle whip. The thought still grosses me out!

your dad wins! and as far as the chili with noodles i believe in New England we referred to it as American chop suey...it was more like a soup then actual chili though
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've never understood chicken and waffles. I don't think of chicken as a breakfast food, I guess.

But then, hey, I can't talk. I'm a southerner who puts SUGAR on my grits. *braces for holy water*
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    However I can not believe how many people seem to think rice pudding is simply rice with sugar and butter dumped on top. I'm guessing your main dish is chicken with water poured in top. You call it soup right?

THIS!! :laugh:
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    Rice is good with chili. Pasta? Never even heard of it.

I'd have to say the worst for me is pineapple on pizza, yup.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    People who pile a bunch of crap on a hamburger.
    It's a burger... all it needs is ketchup, mustard and onion.

And bacon, and mushrooms, and tomatoes, and lettuce, and bbq sauce

I forgot about bacon.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    salad_zpse544d02e.jpg

WHY.

LMAO

My husband asked me to add, "Turkey-anything" other than just plain turkey.

Examples: turkey bacon, turkey pastrami, turkey burger, turkey sausage...
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i think chili with pasta is a Cincinnati chili. I grew up in the mid-west.. the chili at school had noodles..

Cincinnati Chili is chili served OVER pasta and usually topped with some combination of onion, cheddar cheese, and kidney beans. The chili is also made a bit differently and often includes cinnamon or chocolate. It is also thinner then many other traditional chilis.

I have to wonder if they are meaning a southern goulash (not to be mistaken for a Hungarian goulash). It's a mixture of ground beef, tomatoes, spices, and small pasta (usually elbows).

your dad wins! and as far as the chili with noodles i believe in New England we referred to it as American chop suey...it was more like a soup then actual chili though

My gran makes this. We call it American Chop Suey too. I hate it. Blech.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Not having enough chocolate to go with my peanut butter.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    Nuts and fruit in a dinner salad. Is it sweet or is it savory. Bipolar salads are terrible.

I am with you on that!

Nuts, yes. Fruit...umm, other than tomato? Not for me.

Yes, true. I love some tomato and avocado on my salads, but sweet fruits, blech.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    putting ketchup on mac and cheese, and miracle whip sandwhiches.... no meat, cheese, or lettuce... just Miracle whip...:sick:
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just went to log my dinner, doing a search for "beef chili". Two of the 6 or 7 "Chili's" that came up at the top of the list contained pasta.

Forgive me, but I grew up in the Southwest, the birthplace of chili.

Putting pasta in chili is wrong. It just is.

So is putting corn in salsa. It shouldn't happen.

So my question is.....

What's the twist on some food that is sacred to you that makes you feel the same way?

I totally agree with this!!! I think that is completely gross. And it doesn't matter what kind of pasta either. YUCK!!! Not only does it sound gross it looks completely disgusting! :sick:
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    putting ketchup on mac and cheese, and miracle whip sandwhiches.... no meat, cheese, or lettuce... just Miracle whip...:sick:

Sorry bro if you happen to be reading this....lol
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yep, ketchup in eggs..yuck.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This is actually pretty common and a lot of people like it but..pineapple on pizza. It ruins perfectly good pizza for me.
    OMG It's disgusting! I'm glad to see someone else thinks so as well. I usually get weird looks when I express this. Fruit and meat together is just wrong to begin with!
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nuts and fruit in a dinner salad. Is it sweet or is it savory. Bipolar salads are terrible.

I am with you on that!

Nuts, yes. Fruit...umm, other than tomato? Not for me.

Yes, true. I love some tomato and avocado on my salads, but sweet fruits, blech.

It depends on the salad. If I have like a raspberry vinaigrette I like to have some blueberries or strawberries. I like Almonds but no other kind of nut on my salads.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This is actually pretty common and a lot of people like it but..pineapple on pizza. It ruins perfectly good pizza for me.
    OMG It's disgusting! I'm glad to see someone else thinks so as well. I usually get weird looks when I express this. Fruit and meat together is just wrong to begin with!

I hate pineapple but I disagree with fruit and meat. Like an apricot and pork fricassee is okay.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    People who use cottage cheese when they make Lasagna... As in full fat full flavor lasagna. When from its voyage over from Italy did it change over from ricotta and mozzarella to cottage cheese?!?

Is Lasagna even truly italian? as in General Tso's chicken isn't really chinese... hah