Ramen alternative ?

Options
124»

Replies

• trelaine01
    Options
    Lazytiff, No worries, I'm glad you posted. I was looking for an alternative because I do love noodles, just not the calories.
  • talan91
    talan91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ramen noodles are bad. I am guilty I do eat it sometimes. Here's why it's bad... https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/2015/12/02/how-bad-are-ramen-noodles/
    If it's sold in popular stores it's fda approved, and backed up by scientist in labs controlled by the government. That's why I love America, it is strict in law and it is well developed. You have to go through safety checks, quality checks, and manufacturers or food production are over seen by fda, to know what is going on is legal and safe. Lol but the thing with instant foods like fast food restaurants or instant ramen you can not take in lots of dosage. It will hurt you in the long run. Who has seen the documentary Supersize Me?
  • SunrayG
    SunrayG Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A good substitute is House Foods Tofu Shirataki Angel hair. It is a little thinner than Ramen but looks like Ramen. It doesn't have any of the saturated fat, etc. I would suggest using this noodle and then the seasoning packet from the actual Ramen noodle packet.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We use soba noodles, the kids enjoy them and they cook super quick.
    If we eat ramen we toss the seasoning packet and I add nooch, salt,pepper,squeeze of lime, peas, grn onion, corn and sometimes egg...kids love it.