Fat girl dead-lifting

Options

Replies

• Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled across this thread

Thank you for sharing :)

As a newbie-ish lifter that weighs 220 ish lbs, feeling disheartened that I might not get any of the more superficial benefits of losing inches etc from strength training... your post made me smile :)

You look fantastic! I even showed my boyf how awesome you look in that 90kg deadlift photo and even he was impressed with how utterly at ease you look.. no strain.. no pulling on the arms.. incredible!

Just great :) thank you again
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    This is seriously awesome! I love that you posted this to encourage EVERYONE to lift heavy! There is no "right" time to do it, except RIGHT NOW!

And DANG GIRL! You are strong! :drinker: IMPRESSED.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    It has all been said, but I want to agree. There is no word to describe how awesome you are. I started lifting a week ago and you make me feel that I did the right thing. Thank you!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled across this thread

Thank you for sharing :)

As a newbie-ish lifter that weighs 220 ish lbs, feeling disheartened that I might not get any of the more superficial benefits of losing inches etc from strength training... your post made me smile :)

You look fantastic! I even showed my boyf how awesome you look in that 90kg deadlift photo and even he was impressed with how utterly at ease you look.. no strain.. no pulling on the arms.. incredible!

Just great :) thank you again

You will still lose inches lifting.

My weightloss has slowed since I've been lifting, however every time I see someone I haven't seen for a while I hear "wow, you've lost MORE weight!"
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! Makes me want to throw something heavy across the room. Love!
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    best thread ever. I have a friend who should really read this thread and get inspired. she's just not interested in lifting at all and makes all the excuses in the world as to why she's become very overweight and laments it.

egads but I want her to read this!

I just hope and pray that my efforts, coming from the opposite direction (ie putting on muscle and weight) are being as fruitful!

Awesome work. So glad to have met you D! Mucho inspiring :)
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    do it do it!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    best thread ever. I have a friend who should really read this thread and get inspired. she's just not interested in lifting at all and makes all the excuses in the world as to why she's become very overweight and laments it.

egads but I want her to read this!

I just hope and pray that my efforts, coming from the opposite direction (ie putting on muscle and weight) are being as fruitful!

Awesome work. So glad to have met you D! Mucho inspiring :)

My family are pleased that I've met you and are finally 'creating' tasty (non-meal) type treats. :laugh:

I've still got a long way to go, but I'm getting there, slowly, slowly.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You've done a fabulous job....keep at it!

Great Work!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie.... this post FREAKIN ROCKS!!!! Yes yes yes, this is what its all about..... putting yourself out of your comfort zone and changing the hell out of yourself and your life. Full beast mode, I am in awe of you!
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Slowly is the way to go.
    I'm slowly slowly putting on lbm and getting stronger. I always tell people who are trying to lose weight that it's just as much a struggle to go the other way for some of us.
    So much eating :O

moar moar moar ... ergo the many "non meal" treats!!!

Kudos, D, you are doing sensationally.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, inspirational and you flat out ROCK!!!

Saw the first pic on this inspiration page and thought of you :

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitboard-fuel-vol-10-18-posts-to-prime-your-pump.html

Keep up the great work and please, keep posting your progress here! :)
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    Wow...that is some serious poundage, and you make it look so effortless.....Amazing!!! Can't wait to see your goal of 275#!!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You should change the title of this thread to "Awesome girl dead-lifting.":flowerforyou:
  • Skrymmorie
    Skrymmorie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Amazing and so inspiring!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Just want to bump this because Deeva is AWESOME
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Last-night I asked my trainer to take a few photos of me dead-lifting, he took some awesome photos, but it also reminded me of how far I've come, and some of the challenges I faced.

8289646955_829d5ce34d_z.jpg

I love this photo because I look strong. Also because I'm lifting 90kg/198lbs, but there isn't any strain on my face, it looks easy.

Now here's the photo that reminds me of how far I've come:

8293065146_1a6b359852_z.jpg

It's not very flattering, and I wouldn't normally show a picture like this in public.... but here's why it's important to me.

Every day on these forums, I encourage heavy people to lift heavy weights.

But when you are truly big, there are some unique challenges.

When I first started out, I was 125kg/275lbs. I couldn't bend over, with my elbows outside my knees, the bar close to my shins and reach the bar to start with.

Especially not with a smaller weight on the bar and it was even lower to the ground.

I couldn't dead-lift with good form, because my belly was in the way and my arms seemed too short.... and my boobs would be pushed up by my belly fat......

I've lost 25kg/54lbs and it still looks awkward:

8290693116_75f3a58f95_z.jpg

But now, it's possible.

When the weight is lower, it's OK to have the bar a bit further away from your shins if you can't reach the bar because of your belly. Or to have a more 'sumo' styled stance so your belly fits between your thighs.

Just make sure you adjust your form as your weight comes off and the weight on the bar gets heavier.

Keep it going OP!!! :D