Girls that are 5'4/5'5: What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 almost 5'4, my goal is 118-120lbs if I think about weight, but really my goal is 16-18% body fat, so I don't focus on the scale. There is only a 5lb difference in the two pictures in my profile pictures, I just happened to clean up my diet and lower my body fat %. I could weigh 150lbs as long as I have the shape and the body fat % that I want. However I would like to be under 125, I currently hover around 130

This. I started at 152lbs currently 140lbs and below that I don't care as long as my BF% drops from its current 30% to 20% and my waist goes back below 28". At that point I'll look at how I look, how the weightlifting has paid off, and be curious about what the scales say.

MFP is set to 120lbs GW, because that's what I was last time my waist measurement was right. I just haven't bothered to update it now my goals have changed, because I don't know what to update it to!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    5'4.75" 121lbs, goal of 112-113, then going on a bulk. I'm not concerned with my weight, but I have a BF% of 25 or so which is high considering my height & weight. My goal is 17%, so I'm going down as far as I can weight wise to lower my BF as much as can before having to go on a bulk. I got a long road ahead of me. I think 120-125 is good weight if u don't get unlucky & have high BF% like me. I'm the definition of skinny fat right now.
  • diorberry
    Options
    hey im 5'5 and my goal weight is 48 to 50 so I am still working on it,what is urs?
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my SW was 189.9 pounds, currently i'm 186.6 and my GW is around 132 pounds. I had a professional tell me not that long ago that your GW should be a number that is going to be "easy" to maintain once you achieve it. I'm also working on lowering my BF.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". My original goal weight was 135 but now I'm at 131. I don't think I'll be losing any more weight but I do plan to start weight training more seriously to work on body composition because I'm still not thrilled with my thighs/butt. I can see my ribs and hip bones and I think losing more weight will just make me look sickly.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 135lbs my goal is 110 - 125 but mainly to be fit and feel healthy :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4, my starting weight was about 150 and my goal was 130, but I changed it to 120 and thats where im at now..i have found thats my body's happy weight :)
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think age plays a factor, so take it for what it's worth. I'm 45 years old, and I started MFP at a whopping 210 pounds. That was actually kind of light for where I was. I'm at 178.8 today, and headed toward my goal weight of 125. That puts me right in the middle of the "healthy weight" category. According to MFP, I should be there by next September. I used to be 5'5"; however, at the last physical, I am now 5'4". Talk about the "incredible shrinking woman . . ."::happy:
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well I joined MFP at 198lbs (I'm 5ft4) and have gotten to my first goal of 168lbs (which was were I was at as a teenager). Now I am looking at 136lbs. I'm more concerned with holding onto what lean muscle mass I have then low numbers on the scale and as I continue to loose will be looking into lifting heavy to help my body do just that. Good luck to everyone on their journey's :smile:
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    started at 168+
    curently at 155
    goal weight 135 BUT with a lean body.
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    mine is 145 started at 189my change later when I hit my target
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    125-135 is the range I'm shooting for, but if I like the way I look at 145, I'd be happy to stop there too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not give a damn what the scale says.

If you've reached or are close to your goal weight, and not happy with your body, losing MORE weight might not be the answer. Strength training and even weight gain might be.

fb-cover.jpg
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my starting weight was 154lbs. As of this morning's weigh-in, I'm at 130 lbs. with 5 more to go to hit goal weight. Once I reach my goal weight of 125, I plan to re-evaluate. I think 120-122 may be realistic, but I'm more concerned with toning and adding more muscle.
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options

but...I am fully prepared to change that when my stomach is flat and my thighs are toned....heavy weights are on my menu to accomplish that...anybody want to add me as a friend feel free..

I used mostly healthy eating, cardio and light weights to just get my energy and stamina back...but now that I've reached that goal I'm ready for more weights....
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'4 and 5'5 and my goal is 122. I'm pretty small boned and I remember feeling (and looking!) pretty darn good at any weight between 115 and 129. Plus my spine was much happier without a gut to lug around.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You will notice that your goals will keep changing once your reach your original goal. I did have a goal of 125 and I am at 131 pounds now. My goal is to no longer focus on the scale as long as my body keeps changing then i'm happy. Screw the scale!
  • MyFitGrlSwag
    MyFitGrlSwag Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" eaxactly.:bigsmile:

My current weight is 165.6 (SW on MFP was 171.6), and my 1st goal weight is 145. My UGW is 130/135!

But it feels good to be only 20.6 pounds from my first goal! :love:
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is between 170-150, although all the charts state I should be round the 125-151. I've lost 69 pounds and have 60 more to go before I hit the 170 mark, then I will decide if I am happy at that size. If not, then I will alter - i have issues w/ the thought of what I will look like at this size. I will NEVER in my adult life, be that small and with my scoliosis, I'm utterly terrorifed I will look horrible.

But, I will tackle that hurdle when I get there.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not give a damn what the scale says.

If you've reached or are close to your goal weight, and not happy with your body, losing MORE weight might not be the answer. Strength training and even weight gain might be.

fb-cover.jpg

You are just amazing

GW is 130ish