ack! I hate my protein powder!

Options
13»

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy GNC brand protein powder in every flavor.
    GNC os ON protein, or so the GNC peeps here have told me.
    Funny, the local GNS all tell me EAS makes their protein, but it doesn't taste as good because EAS has a patent on their flavors.
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hold your breath & choke it down. I usually use MUCH less water so theres less volume to ingest. I will then drink water afterwards (mostly to wash away the tast...)
    ^^^ This.

I also use the Vega brand, Vanilla Chai. It got amazing reviews on taste and nutrition. I'm not really using it for protein, more for vitamins (because since I cut out dairy, soy and sugar, I find it tough to reach my vitamin goals - particularly iron and calcium). I do try as hard as I can to eat clean and get lots of veggies, but the Vega just gives me that much needed boost. Unfortunately it's thick and chalky tasting. I don't have a blender, only an immersion one, that doesn't really do much. I've tried mixing it with plain water (ugh) and also with strong brewed tea (I've tried both Chai and peppermint) - double ugh. I think maybe mixing it with almond milk might improve flavor, but we'll see! Good luck trying to disguise the taste, but in the meantime, I suggest mixing it with just a bit of water and choking it down! :)