Anyone else hate eating out?

Options

Replies

• JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you go, most chefs are more than happy to accomodate dietary requirements. Just ask! :smile:
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tRPmy.gif
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I HATE eating out. Not only am I ALWAYS disappointed with the quality (my standards in food have skyrocketed since I started eating a lot cleaner) but I always get bad stomach and gut problems immediately-3 hours after I eat it. Not to mention feeling sluggish, bloated and irritable. And I'm like, "I actually spent MONEY to do that to myself?? Ugh, never again!". And I don't for a few months, until I forget how bad it was last time and I need to give myself a refresher course. :)

I felt that way in Vegas!
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    The thought of eating out makes my stomach turn.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Creepy_pigman.gif

this shiznit is gonna give me nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I eat at home, and go out for drinks. I'm tired of being disappointed by crappy, expensive restaurants. I live in a touristy area, and there are lots of "nice" places to eat, but the food doesn't match the decor.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbmimhJBzt1rv13mvo1_500.gif
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    WHY DOES THAT PIG JIF EVEN EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love to eat out. Just remember, turn about is fair play.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's not hard to estimate most "standard" meals... sauces and things can make it hard, but most restaurants have nutrition information either on their website or upon request. If I know it's going to be a big meal, I may save some extra cals for it, get in a bigger workout that day, or just say the hell with it.

If I'm not enjoying myself when I eat, what's the point? Mental health is just as important as physical health... I'm not going to drive myself crazy over analyzing every single calorie.

Additionally... it's 1 meal. If you are focused on long term steady progress (like you should be), 1 meal isn't going to make a difference.

Yep - what Jackson posted.

Me - I love eating out. Mainly because I end doing most of the cooking at home, so eating out means I'm not stuck in the kitchen.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

animal farm?
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I generally shop the nutritional information online first when I know i am going to go out and try to substitute extra veggies for mashed potatoes or fries. That always helps.:)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbmimhJBzt1rv13mvo1_500.gif

Ha!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

animal farm?

http://youtu.be/ubMQkPzc0Fs

ps. can i embed a video on here??? Pls watch this!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at eating out
    I was waiting for it. So glad I didn't have to scroll down too far hahaha .
    I don't know why people don't realize phrasing it this way is inviting dirty comments cos whose mind DOESNT go there?
  • JTx510
    JTx510 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eating in moderation is key!
  • sahipps
    sahipps Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nope. It's not hard to estimate most "standard" meals... sauces and things can make it hard, but most restaurants have nutrition information either on their website or upon request. If I know it's going to be a big meal, I may save some extra cals for it, get in a bigger workout that day, or just say the hell with it.

If I'm not enjoying myself when I eat, what's the point? Mental health is just as important as physical health... I'm not going to drive myself crazy over analyzing every single calorie.

Additionally... it's 1 meal. If you are focused on long term steady progress (like you should be), 1 meal isn't going to make a difference.

so true. in the past, having a healthy relationship with food when I've begun dieting or changing my foods has killed me. You eat something bad once and you pound yourself for it. Now, especially with the holidays, I've just decided what meals I'm going to allow myself to cheat on, and I know this isn't a race, so being able to enjoy myself once in a while is healthy.
    For the restaurant part, as long as you are choosing something healthy and then instituting some portion control at the table, I don't think there is anything wrong with sporadic eating out.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend isn't a huge fan. It's a rough household sometimes.

Water meet keyboard. HAHAHAHAHHHAA
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Creepy_pigman.gif

this shiznit is gonna give me nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg this made me laugh !!! :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Creepy_pigman.gif

OKAY, I just lost it. LOL