Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's with all the whining?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    At the very least it's a a day or two off of work. Why do people complain about this?

I'm a housekeeper. I've worked every Thanksgiving and Christmas for a decade.

Also, the holidays are very stressful and can be very lonely for some people. I, personally, am a Grinch. Don't particularly like Christmas. (Despite it, in fact.) But I still tell people Merry Christmas and smile when they tell me Merry Christmas and smile. It's not the holiday, it's the fact that other people are being polite enough to send well wishes to me.

I hate Christmas. But I can get behind the polite and well wishing thing.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member

i looooooove jenna marbles!!!!

I'm feeling deja vu.
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    tumblr_mfd0w2Ep4y1qewacoo1_500.jpg

Fa ra ra ra raaaaah, ra ra rah raaahh!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    I've had joyful Christmases and those not so joyful. If you come across those having a hard time, why not try and lift them up? Isn't that part of what Christmas is supposed to be about?

This year it's joyful for me. But I went through divorce and family breakups that made them not so much fun. So when I see someone struggling it's great if I can find a moment or two to try and help them out.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    People whine about the holidays? Who? WHO WOULD DO THIS?
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    tumblr_mfd0w2Ep4y1qewacoo1_500.jpg

Fa ra ra ra raaaaah, ra ra rah raaahh!

omg this cat cracks me up!! how disgruntled can you get??? course the santa hat makes it worse...but come ON!
  • ThinVee
    ThinVee Posts: 77 Member
    I am alone on the holidays but I eat all my favorites and watch movies all day. And give my cat tuna. No whining here.

I love it! Your cat sounds lucky too. :wink:
  • ThinVee
    Christmas can either be a great time of year of a terrible one. Personally, I love it and my b/f does too. We don't let the drama of others spoil our festivities.

But the wife of a man that works for my b/f passed away from cancer last week. Their first wedding anniversary was the day before she died. Needless to say Christmas is NOT going to be a happy time for him for a long time. People should count their blessings.

Trust me everyone, I understand the holidays bring their own sets of circumstances to everyone and I certainly don't begrudge anyone who is suffering. If anything I think those that have true sadness or challenges tend to be more quiet, while the people I'm most frustrated with seem to create most of their own misery.

You know the ones? The friends or co-workers who insist on overspending, overeating, over drinking, over everything - and then cry about their credit card statement, empty bank account, pants that don't fit, weekends spent with family they don't like, etc. There are many of us out there who would give anything to spend a day or be able to buy a gift for our loved ones who are no longer around. Guess I just want them to take a second and be grateful.

Whew. Stepping off my soapbox now. :blushing:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    At the very least it's a a day or two off of work. Why do people complain about this?

Not for me, but it is double time and a half....Nothing better than 30 hours of pay for 12 hours of work. :smile:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I prefer St. Patrick's Day, tbh.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    tumblr_lqq1j75Va21qbotu4o1_400.jpg
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    nope, it's just another workday for me too. what is this time off you speak of? my last day off was Dec 1 and Dec 2. My next day off is Dec 29 and Dec 30. Then add 14 days to that an you get my next set of days off.

But if you get this mythical thing called time off enjoy it however you want too.

Happy holiday seasons to you.
  • ThinVee
    Danilynn do you work retail? Your schedule sounds like mine!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    23657719.jpg
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Christmas, at least around here, isn't exactly easy to 'escape' unless you hide in your house, avoid all social network and shopping sites and keep the TV off. Starting in October it is a bombardment of over-commercialized 'seasonal charm'. Some stores don't even wait for Halloween to end before they start putting out their Christmas stock for hecks sake. Likewise if you don't celebrate Christmas, or celebrate another end of year ceremony such as Hanukkah, I can see where that would be even more offensive than just 'Money-grubbing business conglomerates are pushing their biggest cash-cow earlier and earlier every year in an effort to get more of my money and its driving me barmy'.
    I'll grant you, whining doesn't solve an awful lot but at the least, the above frustrates the ever-loving crap out of me. This year I was grumbling at cashiers about it. Next year I'm probably going to write letters.

Not to mention I worked in the Greyhound's shipping department for four years and was always on the roster to work straight up to Christmas day, dealing with the drudges, most painful people humanity could sometimes bring up to my counter on a constant basis. That'll be enough to suck the Christmas spirit out of anyone.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member

nope. water treatment.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    I love "wine-ing" at the holidays! Cheers!

I wish all a safe and happy holiday season!
    Lol I'm right there with you honey--cheers!!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Why are you whining about all of the whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people have loved ones that have died and have a very hard time dealing with the Holidays!!!!!

Others have no money to buy their kids presents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^This^^^
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member

nope. water treatment.
    Can I count it as water if you put chemicals in it to treat it? :wink:
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn_90SRTa0LeVvlfz2BYZradFZplTrTpibSXT74Ea8y_UcdhzDlw

hahaha love this

that's the best one yet