How attainable is Jillian's figure?

Options
We are the same height - I thought she was way taller than me for some reason!

How many hours a week of exercise would it take? Not just to get there but also to maintain.

B0091UIMK0-Jillian2.jpg

I don't know what dress size she is but she looks strong and that is the sort of look I am aiming for.

Replies

• msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I think the better question is what is her diet? That's the key to a great & healthy figure.
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I think it's pretty attainable. I love how she still looks feminine AND I love that she's not that flexible. Not sure why though....maybe it makes her more human/real to me. (By no means am I calling other fitness people unreal). I guess I just get intimidated by most of them. She says she works out four times a week with strength training and cardio combined. She also says she adds another day of cardio if she is dropping weight.
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment about her diet. I can work out til i explode BUT it is mostly about what you eat. I struggle with that part.:grumble:
  • Carleen1909
    Options
    She eats super clean, takes her own fat burners once a day, and works out any where from 2-4 times a week. Listen to her podcast, its free on itunes. She's hilarious at times and is real. And she fully admits sometimes shes lazy and just jumps on the stairclimber or treadmill but when she's losing weight for a photo shoot or something shes all about cardio interval training. Eat clean, train efficiently, and get enough sleep.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    It's not the quantity or amount of exercise you do; it's the quality of what you're doing and how well you are eating. People like to think they can work out 2-3 hrs a day and they'll look like this and that just isn't true.
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    impossible -- that picture is so photoshopped.

She probably still looks amazing in real life, and I'm sure you can get there, with patience. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    It is her job to look like that....so, if it was your job and you were making bajillions of dollars, I'll bet you'd make it work.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    impossible -- that picture is so photoshopped.

She probably still looks amazing in real life, and I'm sure you can get there, with patience. :)

It might be photoshopped but she does look that good. Little trick though, put your arms way over your head like that, it really helps with making your middle look tight!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Diet is 90% or more of it. People say 80%, I disagree, it's almost the entire deal.

Her figure is 100% attainable through diet changes.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I have been working on improving my diet but after Christmas I am planning on tracking sugar too - this is an area that I need to work on!
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you don't think it is attainable? We all have the same skeletal and muscular frame. Our bodies' are merely a reflection of how we treat them.

You already have that body inside waiting for you to feed it properly. I agree with the previous responder re: diet is 90%. The exercise serves to make your body look outstanding and perform at its peak.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of protein, restrict calories to a small deficit to cut bodyfat, do resistance training. Voila.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    We all have the same skeletal and muscular frame.

uhhh....no, we do not.

But we can certainly improve upon the skeletal and muscular frame our genetics gave us with diet and exercise.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Actually we DON'T all have the same skeletal and muscular frame. My husband (of Dutch descent) is 6ft 5 in with a 48 inch chest and incredibly muscular legs, He weighs 250 lbs. I have a male friend (also of Dutch descent) who is 3 inches shorter, and extremely slim, weighing in at 140. There is NO WAY either or them could lose or gain enough weight to look like each other. Some people are just bigger boned or broader built, whereas others are very slight. I think you need to focus on being the most wonderful and amazing YOU you can be. Don't model yourself after someone else, who may or may not be the ideal proportions for your body type. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    With chloroform and the element of surprise, anything is possible.
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Actually we DON'T all have the same skeletal and muscular frame. My husband (of Dutch descent) is 6ft 5 in with a 48 inch chest and incredibly muscular legs, He weighs 250 lbs. I have a male friend (also of Dutch descent) who is 3 inches shorter, and extremely slim, weighing in at 140. There is NO WAY either or them could lose or gain enough weight to look like each other. Some people are just bigger boned or broader built, whereas others are very slight. I think you need to focus on being the most wonderful and amazing YOU you can be. Don't model yourself after someone else, who may or may not be the ideal proportions for your body type. Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Nice! :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

I have the duck tape. Code phrase is, "Santa's got a brand new bag."
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Lol.

I say, be the best that you can be.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I know it is completely attainable and after wasting all of my life believing it wasn't, I am firsthand evidence. I will be 50 in February and have been between size 12 and 18 pretty much my whole life. I assumed that is just the way I was. All of the information we get about eating and exercise is SO COMPLICATED.

It's not complicated. MFP helped me see that. At 50 years old, my body looks a lot like hers. Seriously! I don't spend my life at the gym, either.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    first off, like someone else pointed out, it is her job to look like that.

second, judging from the photos you have up, you have a different body type than jillian micheals. making that your goal is setting yourself up for failure. in three years, after a lot off dedication and discipline, you will have the body you want.

yes, three years. it will take a long time. be prepared for that.

you're going to have to control your food intake like others have said. i agree, to build muscle and to change your body, it is 90% of the plan. the other 10% is exercise.

thats not to say that the exercise is not important. you need to do a pretty balanced amount of cardio and strength training. HIIT running and lifting. yoga, kettle bells, barbell and dumb bell lifting.

i didn't watch too much of The Biggest Loser, but i remember for one season's final episode the producers had the finalists run a marathon. both jillian and bob commented that neither of them had ever run a marathon. so please, keep that in mind that long endurance cardio is probably not something that you need for that.