How attainable is Jillian's figure?

Options

Replies

• shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pretty sure she and i are the same height and size, just that she weighs probably 10 lbs more than me because of her muscle. i recommend eating all organic, whole foods, chemical free. no crap. and lift weights. minimum amount of cardio - maybe 20 minutes before you lift. or in cycles 10 min here, 10 min there, then lift. and work out in circuits. keep your heart rate high while you lift. good luck!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I'm not sure what my body shape is under all this fat. I am just all podge!

I am short too - I find Jillian's look much more inspiring than that of models. x
  • Kaymart79
    Options
    How tall is she?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i think she is 5.2ft.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    She's my inspiration too. Jillian is 5'2" and is a rectangle body shape (no real define waist). I am similarly sized and shaped. I hope it's attainable because I'm going for it too. :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Jillian's figure is only attainable by Jillian.

ETA: you can, however, have your own personal version of success with hard work and persistence.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Very. Just use photoshop like she does. :laugh:
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 95 lbs and it looks pretty much like that. I think I'm more of an hourglass but it's pretty close. I do some crazy workouts, I have to admit. But, my question is I wonder how much she says she weighs because people can get all crazy when you say you weigh under 100 lbs. No matter who you are or what your doctor says people just assume you're "too skinny". Yet, if I didn't tell you what I weighed you might assume I'm 105 or 110 because I look fit and healthy. So I wonder, does she really say she weighs one number for publicity reasons when in reality she's much smaller leaving people to wonder why they don't look like her at that same weight.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i watched a clip and read in one of her interviews she said she was 115.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I wonder what dress size she is then. I mean if she is 115 and muscular she must be pretty small. On the preview for BL 14 she looks tiny. x
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I wonder what dress size she is then. I mean if she is 115 and muscular she must be pretty small. On the preview for BL 14 she looks tiny. x

goals are important.

smaller goals are better for me to maintain motivation and stay diligent.

I would set a smaller goal then going strait for Jillian's look. You could just move down in dress size for each goal.

Jillian didnt get that way fast. She works hard and has been doing it a long time

Be patient but consistent.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It is MOST DEFINITELY attainable. Your bone structure may be different, and you might not be shaped the same way, but the body fat percentage is what matters.

I used to weigh in at 215, and now I'm around 125. I'm a tall version of her. I have the same banana shape she does, with small hips and not very defined waist. My arms are a bit longer and skinnier, and my legs are longer, but our torsos look very similar.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    That said, I'm a big advocate of small goals as opposed to larger ones. When I first started, I was motivated by my 1 to 3 lb losses per week. I set my first initial goal at 136. I didn't even start to think about goal, until I got to around 140.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Does she have kids?
    Does she have another full time job?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Good point - Jillian's never had any kids, and neither have I. I don't plan on it either.

I do know some moms though that have rockin' bods, so I wouldn't let that deter you.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Obviously you can't perfectly obtain it since you're different people and you're not built the same, but being that trim with nice tone and muscle is completely attainable if you're willing to eat the right foods and do the right amount of cardio and strength training.

Although I believe that a lot is built in the kitchen, I'm confused as to why everyone's saying this is mostly kitchen. Sure you can eat healthy, but toned muscles don't appear just because you eat a piece of chicken. You have to work for it.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Good point - Jillian's never had any kids, and neither have I. I don't plan on it either.

I do know some moms though that have rockin' bods, so I wouldn't let that deter you.

Jillian just had a baby..
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Jillian just had a baby..

mine
  • noscalenoscissors
    Options
    "
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 95 lbs and it looks pretty much like that. I think I'm more of an hourglass but it's pretty close. I do some crazy workouts, I have to admit. But, my question is I wonder how much she says she weighs because people can get all crazy when you say you weigh under 100 lbs. No matter who you are or what your doctor says people just assume you're "too skinny". Yet, if I didn't tell you what I weighed you might assume I'm 105 or 110 because I look fit and healthy. So I wonder, does she really say she weighs one number for publicity reasons when in reality she's much smaller leaving people to wonder why they don't look like her at that same weight.

There is a huge difference in being Thin and athletically fit... I took at look at your photos and you do look to be under 100lbs ... that is not Fit its just thin and that is fine if that is your goal if you are having a healthy diet and your doctor says that ok then i guess its ok.... Jillian has a lot of muscle which makes you weigh more so although she looks very small her muscles make her a higher weight... I am 5'2" and not far off from the same size as Jillian... i am 111lbs and gaining muscle I have a little less muscle then Jillian so there is the weight difference.

Jillians look is defiantly attainable with lots of hard work, proper diet and being consistent. Most people do not have the motivation and dedication it takes to have a body like Jillians... but if its something you really really want then think long term, this is a lifestyle change and something you will have to work on for the rest of your life. Once you get there it doesnt end you then have to learn how to maintain that body and that constantly takes good eating habits and routine