How attainable is Jillian's figure?

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Good point - Jillian's never had any kids, and neither have I. I don't plan on it either.

I do know some moms though that have rockin' bods, so I wouldn't let that deter you.

Jillian just had a baby..

she adopted a baby, and her partner had another.
  • Jellytotss
    Options
    Good point - Jillian's never had any kids, and neither have I. I don't plan on it either.

I do know some moms though that have rockin' bods, so I wouldn't let that deter you.

Jillian just had a baby..

I think it was actually her girlfriend who had the baby though, so this doesnt concern Jillian's body!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's true. However, she's never given birth, which I think was the other guy's point.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    There is also the time it takes to care for kids. She is wealthy and may have more help than most of us.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am really motivated! I don't think I would ever look just like her but she is my inspiration - she looks healthy and strong. I don't know if my body shape is anything like hers as it is covered in a whole lot of fat right now.

I am trying to learn as much as I can as I really don't know much about diet or exercise beyond the common sense stuff.

I set myself a goal of losing 10 pounds in 3 months as I just didn't believe that I could do it. I have learnt that previously I just didn't want it enough or work hard enough. I have lost 11 pounds so far in about a month! x
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I'm going to have to agree with this! Myself being a mother of 2. :wink:

I also just want to say in response to some of the other comments that it's pretty nuts when people think all people have the same skeletal frame and muscle frame. Glad other people commented on that.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Diet is 90% of it. If you can nail down the diet portion, it shouldn't take any extra time.

The other 10% is exercise.

I exercise approximately 4 to 5 times a week for an hour. I don't think this is amount of time is unreasonable or crazy. I just make sure I give it my all during the allotted time, and make the most of it. If I'm not panting, grunting, or breaking a sweat, I'm not working hard enough.

Even if you have kids, you can make the time, if you really want it.

It just takes commitment and dedication. If you want it, you will find a way.
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree about listening to her podcast. She talks a lot about how she has become more efficient in her work outs since the kids and that she eats clean. Master your metabolism is an awesome book that opened my eyes to the crap in my diet and the effect it has on my body. It is super cheap - I bought it on amazon for 3.00.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    There is also the time it takes to care for kids. She is wealthy and may have more help than most of us.

i call BS im a single mom with virtually no help i work 2 jobs and train and show horses... oh and ontop of that i try to cook all my meals at home and i work out pretty much daily doing circuit training an training for a 5k this summer.

i have lost 40lbs total since having my son. I think iif you want it bad enough you will find the time doesnt matter what your life looks like or how much help you have.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    With chloroform and the element of surprise, anything is possible.

I spit out my coffee
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Ditto, MissyJessy.

I can't stand it when I see the excuse "Well, I don't have the money for a personal trainer / chef, yadda yadda yadda. That's the only way celebrities stay skinny..."

Total BS. I don't even spend $30 on a gym membership, and my abs are better than most celebrities.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A strong, sleek body is attainable for most, but her figure? Not really unless you're genetically predisposed to look like that. She has a completely different body type from the two women who back her up on the 30DS CD, and to my eye, she doesn't look any better or worse than they do. Just different, and different from me too.
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    Ditto, MissyJessy.

I can't stand it when I see the excuse "Well, I don't have the money for a personal trainer / chef, yadda yadda yadda. That's the only way celebrities stay skinny..."

Total BS. I don't even spend $30 on a gym membership, and my abs are better than most celebrities.

as i mentioned money for me is pretty tight so do my runs on the treadmill or outside which yep your guessed it are FREE and i do work out tapes currently finishing up 30DS which i found used for like $10 (for 3 of her videos) and i go on Bodyrock.tv for more intense work outs. Not to include what i burn riding my horse and what not...

but yeah its not all done at the gym per se you can obtain good results at home... yes not as good as with a personal trainer but still progres is progress.

Im so tired of the time excuse on this site, if you dont want it just admit it that your going to half *kitten* it and dont get all pissed when you see no results (not directed at anyone or really relevant to this post just a random rant)
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't think she necessarily lies about her weight for publicity purposes. I'm her BF% is like 10% less than mine and she weighs 10 lbs more. I think she's being honest with her numbers.
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am the same height as Jillian and I am aiming for that athletic look, however I am pear shaped so it would be unrealistic for me to try and look like her.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I HATE that way people use the fact that someone is rich, or its their job to look like that so it easy easy easy for them...no matter what her situation is, she still had to lift ever rep of her weights and eat the right foods and DO ALL THE HARD WORK to get the amazing body she has, Don't take that away from her, just because it may take the rest of us a little longer to attain similar goals....its always excuse after excuse for some people it seems!

OP, don't be discouraged by naysayers, you wont get her exact body, no, but that doesn't mean you can't have your own fantastic version by working hard and eating right, it will just take some time, and don't for get, Jill wasn't always as fit and in shape as she is now! She started somewhere too, which is what makes her even more amazing...just try not to focus so much on a number and go for a look. FYI she 5',2½" and says she weighed 175lbs at her heaviest.

1276716597_jillian-1.jpg
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Can you change your body shape by heavy lifting and losing the fat or would you just be the same shape but smaller?
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I HATE that way people use the fact that someone is rich, or its there job to look like that so it easy easy easy for them...no matter what her situation is, she still had to lift ever rep of her weights and eat the right foods and DO ALL THE HARD WORK to get the amazing body she has, Don't take that away from her, just because it may take the rest of us a little longer to attain similar goals....its always excuse after excuse for some people it seems!

OP, don't be discouraged by naysayers, you wont get her exact body, no, but that doesn't mean you can't have your own fantastic version by working hard and eating right, it will just take some time, and don't for get, Jill wasn't always as fit and in shape as she is now! She started somewhere too, which is what makes her even more amazing...just try not to focus so much on a number and go for a look. FYI she 5',2½" and says she weighed 175lbs at her heaviest.

1276716597_jillian-1.jpg

Never seen that photograph before!! I started higher than 175 but am less than that now. Makes me want to lift weights! :)
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    im a pear shape when im heavy because i carry all my weight in my hips *kitten* and thighs but when i am at my smallest i am an hour glass.

its hard to say for sure what your shape is and will stay once you start losing your weight.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    In my case, I have the exact same shape body/type I did when I was heavy. I'm just much smaller.

I was a banana at 215, and I'm a banana at 125.

And to the poster who mentioned her back-up dancers - you are so spot on. They all have different shapes, but each one looks fabulous. Basheera has a really tiny waist, and Natalie has really big muscular thighs.