Man bashing on MFP

Options

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My MFP male friends are nicer then my male friends in real life.
    And hotter.
    True story.

If only the guys I know IRL were half as hot. I think it might be a southern boy thing, seriously I love Boston but Southern men just have something they don't
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    And hotter.
    True story.

If only the guys I know IRL were half as hot. I think it might be a southern boy thing, seriously I love Boston but Southern men just have something they don't

mmhmmmmm...I like how you think.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think it seems this way. Yes, I agree there is a lot of accepted man hating on MFP and in society in general too but I think it is only a small percentage of females who REALLY feel that way. It is a bit alarming how that small percentage is influencing the bigger population since I personally see it more and more in the name of feminism (both outside and on MFP). You also have to realize that on MFP, women outnumber men by a large margin so there aren't many arguments made against such man bashing either.

In general, this is a good website and the quality, fun, supportive and educated men and women are plenty on this site. Pretty much every female on my Friends list is awesome and (I hope) doesn't think of men as an enemy.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    And hotter.
    True story.

Like accents,nice *kitten*'s,and manners.. and when they call you darlin'! yulp! that's it..
    Ohh, "god blessed the southern man" as that one song says.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    And hotter.
    True story.

Like accents,nice *kitten*'s,and manners.. and when they call you darlin'! yulp! that's it..

Hi5!
  • Louisianababy93
    Options
    And hotter.
    True story.

Hi5!

*Hi5* YEAHH GIRLL!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    And hotter.
    True story.

Yeah this! I love their accents! My friend is from Texas (he's married) but I always call him when I can sleep and just have him read a book or something because his accent makes me feel calmer haha I love the way they talk their accents are really nice and it makes them sound more gentle and they as a whole tend to be more chivalrous

And seriously man in those cowboy style jeans? NOT A BAD SITE. Pretty sexy actually Just sayin

Also I love how this is turning into a Love for Southern Men Thread haha now the boys from my are are gonna get upset haha
  • Louisianababy93
    Options
    And hotter.
    True story.

Yeah this! I love their accents! My friend is from Texas (he's married) but I always call him when I can sleep and just have him read a book or something because his accent makes me feel calmer haha I love the way they talk their accents are really nice and it makes them sound more gentle and they as a whole tend to be more chivalrous

And seriously man in those cowboy style jeans? NOT A BAD SITE. Pretty sexy actually Just sayin

Also I love how this is turning into a Love for Southern Men Thread haha now the boys from my are are gonna get upset haha

The BEST thing about living in the south is that THERE EVERYWHERE!
    Girll! ohh trust me! i've seen a cowboy in cowboy jeans! :smooched: especially if they already have a nice *kitten* going on! that sight is just KILLER!

the boys can hush and try and follow example!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Like most negative things, a few creepers and idiot's have ruined it for the rest of us. That's generally how things work, most of us try and be nice and do the right thing, but u hrt a few jerks and we are all pigs. But it works both ways, and I believe its. The vocal minority of woman that also make it seem even worse. I enjoy the comments from all the woman on my friends list.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Hey now, us Northern boys aren't all that bad either :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I log calories burned from being bashed. Your hate makes me strong.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we need a "celebrate the v" thread! (or abs, or delts, or quads- whatever)

It will make you feel better, I promise.
    I can assure you, MFP isn't a man-bashing site. If it seems that way, it might be selection bias on the threads you're reading. I can't even think of any examples that aren't 1) based on someone's relationship drama or 2) a joke. Now, women bashing other women is another story entirely...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we need a "celebrate the v" thread! (or abs, or delts, or quads- whatever)

It will make you feel better, I promise.
    I can assure you, MFP isn't a man-bashing site. If it seems that way, it might be selection bias on the threads you're reading. I can't even think of any examples that aren't 1) based on someone's relationship drama or 2) a joke. Now, women bashing other women is another story entirely...

Shut-up! You're fcking up my awesome burn.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Please dont forget about us Aussie man.. here to help out when can..
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had to back away from a thread the other day because of all the man bashing. I'm not saying they're perfect. They aren't. Then again, neither are we. A lot of women that have weight issues seem to have very unsupportive men or family though.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Meh the hatred only adds to my strength.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    When we feel hated, we go away and punish ourselves by not eating or doing lots of exercise. Thus, it keeps us true to our goals.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The guys on my FL are total rock stars. However, the only 'man bashing' I have seen relates to peoples comments about men in general and not specific to ones on this site.

This comes FROM a rock star. :flowerforyou:

Man bashing on MFP? Meh, it seems rare and not very focused. I'm sure most people don't pay attention to it. The body shaming IS out of hand. I'm sure it keeps the mods busy.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hey now, us Northern boys aren't all that bad either :)

As a southern woman who imported her hubby from Pennsylvania, I must agree!:wink:

To the OP.....it's the internet....there is equal bashing of all in my opinion. I only have a couple of male friends on here, but from what I've seen in the forums there are some pretty nice guys on MFP. Many of them are really knowledgeable and helpful too!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    East cost boys!

Oh, I like to be helpful, but I can only see so many threads about the same stuff, were its just too much. Then my snarky sarcastic side comes out to shed a hot white poker of reality in your eye.

See all these ladies on mfp who have done it? There are so many that have lost weight, gained muscle, beat ED, etc. Its just amazing and makes mpf just work. They show off there hard work, and they should. they deserve it.

Guys on here have worked there a%%s to the bone. eating right, working out, etc. We have a new found confidence and that just a strong personality coming out..

Combine, newly hot women, newly hot guys and a social medium such as the internet and its a wonder that the whole thing works as well as it does. I'd feel safer in the old abandoned gasoline and match factory.