Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I am awesome. You are awesome. The end.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we need a "celebrate the v" thread! (or abs, or delts, or quads- whatever)

It will make you feel better, I promise.
    I can assure you, MFP isn't a man-bashing site. If it seems that way, it might be selection bias on the threads you're reading. I can't even think of any examples that aren't 1) based on someone's relationship drama or 2) a joke. Now, women bashing other women is another story entirely...

Shut-up! You're fcking up my awesome burn.

Just start the thread, Johnny. You can call it "Merry Christmas V".
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    My MFP male friends are nicer then my male friends in real life.
    And hotter.
    True story.

If only the guys I know IRL were half as hot. I think it might be a southern boy thing, seriously I love Boston but Southern men just have something they don't

Like accents,nice *kitten*'s,and manners.. and when they call you darlin'! yulp! that's it..
    Ohh, "god blessed the southern man" as that one song says.

Yeah this! I love their accents! My friend is from Texas (he's married) but I always call him when I can sleep and just have him read a book or something because his accent makes me feel calmer haha I love the way they talk their accents are really nice and it makes them sound more gentle and they as a whole tend to be more chivalrous

And seriously man in those cowboy style jeans? NOT A BAD SITE. Pretty sexy actually Just sayin

Also I love how this is turning into a Love for Southern Men Thread haha now the boys from my are are gonna get upset haha

The BEST thing about living in the south is that THERE EVERYWHERE!
    Girll! ohh trust me! i've seen a cowboy in cowboy jeans! :smooched: especially if they already have a nice *kitten* going on! that sight is just KILLER!

the boys can hush and try and follow example!

Ahhh this thread has become nothing but Totally Awesome Awesomeness!

Okay, seriously. The man bashing bothers us a little but we're guys. We can take it. That and there are some incredible people on this site. Besides, the woman bashing, fat bashing, skinny bashing, and yea, man bashing all just get rolled up into one major bash-fest that most of us just try to ignore. Until it touches a friend, and then we bash back. Just say'n.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    What's email? :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    6147681_700b.jpg
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My MFP male friends are nicer then my male friends in real life.
    And hotter.
    True story.

If only the guys I know IRL were half as hot. I think it might be a southern boy thing, seriously I love Boston but Southern men just have something they don't

They just know how to grow 'em down here. Umph.

I love men, they get such a bad rep. Sure, some of them are compete and total buttholes but in general, the women I know are waaaaaaaaaaaay worse than the guys. The guys, if anything, are just brutally honest but you know where you stand. I appreciate that. I relate much more to men than women about most things.

I laugh at the threads on other sites where women are like "So I was going through my boyfriends phone/email/computer and saw this forward from this girl that he went to high school with that was like all about angels and stuff and had a lot of glitter .gifs. Is he cheating??"....... and a bunch of women respond with "He's a pig! Dump him! He's sooo cheating!"... at least on MFP, you'll have a handful of people going "Uh.. you're psycho." MFP isn't so bad with the man bashing. You want to see some people being dragged behind a horse and cart by their testicles, visit some "mom boards".. woah.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It's just a reflection of society. It's fashionable to bash men. It's sexist to bash women. Women have gained a lot of well deserved ground in the last few decades, but they have proven to be less than perfect with their new found power. Ironically, abuse of power was always their complaint about men. Women say some pretty horrible things and laugh about it; things that would get a man in a ton of trouble. I'm hoping to someday see the pendulum settle in the middle. I don't think women would much like a world without us, even though it sounds that way sometimes. We (men) wouldn't want a world without them either.

Lolololol. I bet you use the term "Feminazi". Take a look at the current news in India right now and tell me the power pendulum has swung towards women. Oh, and if you think that's just them and not the Western world, I'd be happy to pull out some rape culture and pay gap stats for you. :flowerforyou:

Sorry, I just needed to get it out. That being said, sexism is sexism is sexism and discriminating or bullying or stereotyping based on sex or gender is generally pretty vile.

-Feminist killjoy
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It's just a reflection of society. It's fashionable to bash men. It's sexist to bash women. Women have gained a lot of well deserved ground in the last few decades, but they have proven to be less than perfect with their new found power. Ironically, abuse of power was always their complaint about men. Women say some pretty horrible things and laugh about it; things that would get a man in a ton of trouble. I'm hoping to someday see the pendulum settle in the middle. I don't think women would much like a world without us, even though it sounds that way sometimes. We (men) wouldn't want a world without them either.

Lolololol. I bet you use the term "Feminazi". Take a look at the current news in India right now and tell me the power pendulum has swung towards women. Oh, and if you think that's just them and not the Western world, I'd be happy to pull out some rape culture and pay gap stats for you. :flowerforyou:

-Feminist killjoy

Better suited for groups not the main forums.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm raising three boys on my own, and man-bashing is not high up on my list of fun things to do. People are people, and while men and women may sometimes seem like different species, they both endure life's challenges and reap life's rewards. *shrugs*

People can suck regardless of the junk they're sportin'. So I tend to hate equally. ;)
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have been known to "man bash" when I'm in a bad mood... BUT, the men I have actually come into contact with on MFP are some of the most supportive friends. So... I would not say that they're all bad. Definitely not....
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

-Feminist killjoy

:huh:

Yeah. This is chit-chat. And the title of the post is about "man bashing". Don't tell me I need to post elsewhere just because you don't like what I have to say or are too lazy or inept to come up with an argument. :laugh:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Nah, the people on the forums bash everyone and their Chihuahuas. It's not gender specific.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I thought this said smashing. As I've rarely participated in this and in fact have a pretty extensive list of awesome men along with my awesome ladies I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about. I suppose in my effort to make sure that this site is consistent with the experience I want on it I avoid most of that. The only time I may digress is when some woman talks about her terrible relationship, but even then (if I get into the discussion) my answer is generally "why do you allow that?" I have respect for men and find my friends to be respectful (except for jof, but he likes a beating as long as you know his safety word).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Sorry, I just needed to get it out. That being said, sexism is sexism is sexism and discriminating or bullying or stereotyping based on sex or gender is generally pretty vile.

-Feminist killjoy

LMAO dude chill. Holy crap. Now every man is a rapist...nice
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I make a point to never bash men .....

Unless they're into that sort of thing.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

-Feminist killjoy

Not all of them, just the ones that look creepy.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

-Feminist killjoy

:huh:

Yeah. This is chit-chat. And the title of the post is about "man bashing". Don't tell me I need to post elsewhere just because you don't like what I have to say or are too lazy or inept to come up with an argument. :laugh:

I didn't say you needed to do anything, I didn't say I didn't like what was posted and I am not looking foran argument. The posts above that I quoted are potiental troll baiting matieral and are likely to cause spiralling arguments.
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

-Feminist killjoy

Hahaha. I'll try to keep that in mind. Pay gaps and rape culture are societal issues not reflections on how many men are actually rapists. Le sigh. Am I the only social scientist and/or liberal feminist around? I hate the real world. I miss going to a women's college. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MEEEEE!:sad:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

-Feminist killjoy

Not all of them, just the ones that look creepy.

Whar about creepy yet awesome undead warlocks like me???