diet pills?

Options
124»

Replies

• floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    so whats so bad about taking diet pills for energy? awhile back i had absolutely no energy..i didnt have the energy to even clean my house much less exercise..then i starting taking a 1/2 a diet pill a day and exercising and watching what i ate..and i lost weight like crazy,.AND KEPT IT OFF. im thinking about taking them again. so why does everyone say its so bad?

If you kept the weight off, then why are you here? :laugh:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

seriously how would that be "awesome" she was looking for help but instead had several rude people acting like they know it all. People should really get over themselves and if you aren't here to help then leave people alone.

I have no patience for someone who is doing something unhealthy, then admits it is unhealthy, and then continues to argue for it. Honest inquiries are one thing. Lots of people don't know the risks of diet pills. When you know and are actively defending them, then I won't miss you when you walk away.

Seems pretty simple.
  • muhit04
    Options
    I tried fat burners earlier last year. Those are not magic pills, I still had to work my butt off and check my nutrition carefully. I took those to show those abs. I was at about 13% body fat. So fat burners kinda helped out a little. Well, it gave me an extra I would say 5% edge. That's about it. Take it or not upto you, do they work? Yes, If other things are checked. Does everything that the label says? Maybe Not. Magic pills? Hell No! I took it for about 6 weeks. Then I stopped and never tried any fat burners afterwards. :)
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Like alot of people on here, I don't think theyre a good idea. Some of them aren't harmful exactly, just have caffeine as the stimulant, but they are unnecessary. But some of them can be dangerous and are a total waste of money.
    If you have no energy why not try to remedy that before medicating with diet pills. It could be lack of sleep, inadequate calories, dehydration, or maybe something that you should go see your doctor about.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are like using masking tape to repair upholstery.

What will make a lasting repair is to increase your body's mitochondria.

Think of mitochondria as tiny engines in our cells that burn fuel and produce energy. The more mitochondria the more fuel consumed, and the more energy produced. (and muscle)

Sedentary coach potatoes have less mitochondria because only exercise will increase the amount of mitochondria in our cells.

<<<<"Contrary to popular belief, exercising doesn't make you tired -- it literally creates energy in your body. Your body rises up to meet the challenge for more energy by becoming stronger," says nutritionist Samantha Heller, MS, RD, a nutrition advisor for the Journey for Control diabetes program..>>>

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-for-energy-workouts-that-work

Now drop and give us 40 Miss lazy bones! LOL

Merry Christmas....
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are like using masking tape to repair upholstery.

What will make a lasting repair is to increase your body's mitochondria.

Think of mitochondria as tiny engines in our cells that burn fuel and produce energy. The more mitochondria the more fuel consumed, and the more energy produced. (and muscle)

Sedentary coach potatoes have less mitochondria because only exercise will increase the amount of mitochondria in our cells.

<<<<"Contrary to popular belief, exercising doesn't make you tired -- it literally creates energy in your body. Your body rises up to meet the challenge for more energy by becoming stronger," says nutritionist Samantha Heller, MS, RD, a nutrition advisor for the Journey for Control diabetes program..>>>

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-for-energy-workouts-that-work

Now drop and give us 40 Miss lazy bones! LOL

Merry Christmas....

ah the flash backs of my A&P classes lol Waiting for the slide show presentation with animated .... so here you go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrS2uROUjK4

and my personal fave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8c5JcnFaJ0