skinny fat?

Options

Replies

• bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow thankyou so much for all the info.. if there is anything else you think i should know.plz tell me and feel free to add me!:)

Your not skinny Fat !
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Based on your pictures, and not meaning to be rude or harsh, but if you think you have fat on you I would suggest you talk to someone professionally about your body image.

If you want to get more defined, lift heavy weights, preferably at a small caloric surplus - which will be a lot more than you are eating now.

i'm inclined to agree. You don't look fat anywhere. I suggest strength training, but I don't think you need to eat more for your goals. I assume you want to be firm, not ripped.

I would also buy a device that gives you an estimate of your body fat percentage.
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    Well i love hiking so i am still going to hike everyday.
    So if i eat 2000 cals a day but burn approx 600..

Id net at 1400 for the day. Is that still too little? Would i still lose weight slowly? -.- my bmr is approx 1350. Btw
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It would be good to see a counselor because that's a red flag for body image issues. I have the same problems, so I'm not trying to be judgmental at all. :flowerforyou:
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I think im just going to keep on doing what im doing.
    But im certainly going to try and lift more.
    But i hike everyday and im not going to stop.
    Ill try to up my calories and just overall eat healthy and when im hungry.
    Thankyou all:)
    & happy holidays!

I am not a doctor, and it is not my place to diagnose you. But I've seen your posts and you seem very obsessed with your weight, despite being very thin. You're not fat or "skinny fat," and it sounds for all the world like you have an eating disorder. Please get some help instead of letting people feed into your issues on an online forum.

^^THIS
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I know your young but let me tell you something Many people on here are trying to look like your body style before you lost any weight. You are already beautiful and thin. Your body fat percentage has to be very low and wtf is "skinny fat" You may have a eating disorder where all you see yourself at is being fat and you are far from fat. You need to see a doctor or a shrink about this. You are a beautiful person and you don't give yourself much credit I am afraid. In fact at your height at 111 lbs your BMI is 19.7 which is very healthy. Anything under 106 lbs is underweight and unhealthy for your height. Look into this before you get unhealthy
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    Okay.. i dont want to lose nor gain

Thats why i asked if i ate 2000 a day but burn 600 in exercise... is that still too little?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Okay.. i dont want to lose nor gain

Thats why i asked if i ate 2000 a day but burn 600 in exercise... is that still too little?

If you are eating 2,000 and burning 600 in exercise, you are netting 1,400 which seems too low for maintenance. However, it really depends on what you are seeing with regard to weight loss over a longer period. Start eating 2,000 - if you continue to lose weight, up by a few hundred to get to what is maintenance for you.
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    Ok.. well the thing is... right now im not even losing weight and i eat about 1400-1700 and burn 600.. is this cause im eating too little and so my.body is holding on to the fat?
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Based on your pictures, and not meaning to be rude or harsh, but if you think you have fat on you I would suggest you talk to someone professionally about your body image.

If you want to get more defined, lift heavy weights, preferably at a small caloric surplus - which will be a lot more than you are eating now.

THIS!!!!!
    I'm 5'3 and i would Never want to be less than 120lbs, it starts to look ill
    GL and my best advice is to eat more, and lift heavy
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    I want to maintain. But also become stronger and lean so i have no jiggle
    Lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Ok.. well the thing is... right now im not even losing weight and i eat about 1400-1700 and burn 600.. is this cause im eating too little and so my.body is holding on to the fat?

I would estimate what your maintenance 'should' be by using one of the online estimators and eat to that for a few weeks and then adjust from there. You probably have some hormonal imbalances that is causing you to maintain at such a low net calories. Read this article for more details on the why's:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the 3 pages of back and forth on this.

lilteeraw - this is very straightforward:

If you want to "tone", you need to lift heavy weights. "Heavy" means something you can only lift 3-5 times in one set before you have to put it down and rest for a few minutes.

If you want to "lose fat", you can lift heavy weights or do cardio. I would suggest the heavy weights because of personal preference - women who lift just look sexier than women who do nothing but cardio (again, personal preference).

If you want to gain weight, eat more.

If you want to lose weight, don't. You are beautiful the way you are.

You should strongly consider putting some time in, doing the research yourself, learning about body shapes and such. I strongly suggest you check out Stronglifts and Starting Strength. These are two strength and muscle-building programs that will help ANYONE gain strength and "tone".

Good luck to you.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

Also i find it hard to lift heavier.

This would be due to not eating enough, to lift heavy or heavier, you need the energy to do so : )
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely not fat, having less tone in your body than you desire is simply esthetic and is easy to change.

Working your muscles more (full body plyometrics + weight lifting) and an increase in your diet will be what you need. You need to increase your caloric, protein and fat intake. Try to NEVER eat less than 100 cals from your suggested intake *(always include the calories burned as additional calories to consume when you calculate) and don't worry about losing weight cause you'd likely be losing muscle not weight and that's the total opposite of what your wanting.

I am just going from some of what I read, hopefully you get to your goal, and stay healthy :)
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    I know its straightforward. I just like seeing the different answers people may give me so i can find what works for me best
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I know its straightforward. I just like seeing the different answers people may give me so i can find what works for me best

Asking questions to get a better understanding of the whys and hows is a good thing. :smile:
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3" and weigh 110! I eat about 1800-2200 depending on how active I am. I do little cardio and hit the weights hard =)
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    Exactly. Im tryig to collect as much insight as possible:)