300 Calorie Dinner Ideas?

Options

Replies

• drucole
    drucole Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the website...what does "bumping for later" or "bump" mean?
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump

If you post something it will be available in your "my topics" section. Therefore people "bump" so they can find it when they want to, but you don't have to add anything meaningful to the conversation.
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    If you want something SUPER quick I recommend getting a bag of Vegetable Stiry fry, some King prawns and a low calorie stir-fry sauce- Waitrose do a yummy Plum and Ginger one which is 90-100 calories per pouch (but obviously if you were doing a whole bag of stir-fry + whole pack of King prawns + whole pouch this would be enough for 3 -4 of you), Tesco also do a delicious sweet chilli stir fry pouch. If you don't want to cook the stir fry with oil, just put some water in your frying pan to stop the veggies sticking. It would take you about 5 minutes to cook, no preparation and veg + prawns + sauce would be about 150-200 calories depending on which sauce you use. You could also cook some noodles to make it more filling for the family? Also, substitute the prawns for anything else like steamed salmon, chicken etc.
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    bump
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump

If you post something it will be available in your "my topics" section. Therefore people "bump" so they can find it when they want to, but you don't have to add anything meaningful to the conversation.

Also, sometimes you think it is a great conversation, and you want to bump it up so more people see it.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sooooo........ you just put "bump" in your reply? Or is there a bump button!? Like the easy button!? Silly question, I know, and yes I read the prior posts, I just can't figure it out! :)
    It took me a half hour to figure out how to put my ticker in my signature! (Really my husband figured it out) The Help link didn't help, it is wrong! :)

Awesome ideas on here! They all even sound yummy!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I have the new Cooking Light book for 2009. Here's a good recipe from it.

Swedish Meatballs

2 slices rye bread
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast (or 1 pound ground chicken breast)
    3/4 tsp salt, divided
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 large egg white, lightly beaten
    1 tbs canola oil
    1 cup fat free, less sodium chicken broth
    1 tbs all purpose flour
    1 8oz cartin fat free sour cream
    2 tbs chopped fresh parsley

Place bread slices in a food processor or blender and pulse until crumbs measure 1 cup. Place breadcrumbs in a medium bowl; set aside
    Place chicken breast in food processor and pulse until ground (or skip this step if you bought ground chicken). Add chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, nutmeg, pepper, and egg white to breadcrumbs in a bowl; stir well. Shape into 16 1 1/2 inch meatballs
    Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove meatballs from pan. Add 1/4 tsp salt, broth, and flour to pan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in sour cream, and return meatballs to pan. Reduce heat to medium low; cook 10 minutes or until meatballs are done and sauce is thick.

Yields 4 servings (serving size: 4 meatballs and 1/3 cup sauce)

269 calories per serving 6.3 g fat

I'll add it to the database if anyone chooses to cook it. It'll be under Cooking Light 2009 - Swedish Meatballs
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I like to make pizzas using pita bread as my base. I spread no-salt-added tomato paste on the pita, sprinkle with fresh herbs (thyme, oregano and basil), and cover with all my favourite veggies (zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, tomato). I use about 2oz of mozzarella cheese and cook in the oven on about 375 for 10-15 minutes. Depending on the size of your pita bread and what you're putting on it, 3 slices of this pizza come out under 300 calories for me. And they're quick!
  • jlj1121
    jlj1121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rnmommy
    rnmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Bump!
  • marciainsacto
    Options
    These sound great and definately will try the garbanzo bean dip with the cucumbers. I have to find some snacks that are ok to eat, because that is my biggest challenge. Thank god for skinny cows and laughing cows!! :) I'm new today on this, but feel it will be a great source of ideas and support.
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BUMP...yummy!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Love the pitta pizza idea and will work great for us with wheat probs as I already buy wheat free pitta's.
    I'm sure my son will love this too!! He can have the pepperoni and I'll have a healthier topping!!
    Thanks

Bump!! :o)

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • caitlyns
    caitlyns Posts: 1
    Options
    I mix refried beans (or chili), shredded carrot, and shredded lettuce in equal parts with a little diced onion on top (and maybe some cheese or ground beef). If you use a 1/2 cup of each, and leave out the extras, you get a filling meal for about 150 calories.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    bump
  • sourmom2
    sourmom2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bump
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bump :)!