Replies

• Pieater
    Pieater Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I usually just broil some chicken or pork (3 oz is between 125 and 150 calories usually), have 2 veg as a side, and a small 1/2 cup serving of mixed rice (brown rice and wild rice usually, but sometimes I'll buy the pretty mixed rice). It's always under 300 calories.

Other meats I do... Veal sometimes (usually pan seared), with spaghetti sauce poured over (I'll do a small serving of pasta with this instead of rice). I like to pan sear tuna. Shrimp is low calorie10 medium sized is around 100 calories I think. I'll bake fish in foil packets with veggies and quinoa. Mahi Mahi is very good poached in a pan with veggies softened in 1/4 cup of lite italian dressing and served over quinoa or rice.

With my leftovers... I usually have lunch the next day. Leftover pork and chicken get turned into a skillet meal with carmelized cabbage and onions. Or the chicken gets turned into a skillet meal with black beans, colored peppers, onions, spinach and tomatoes (lots of chipolte and cayenne pepper mmmm).

I go for easy most days, because many times, I'm cooking two meals, one for me and one for the rest of the family. I have allergies that I work around, they can eat whatever.

My diary is open, if you want to look. It hasn't been that solid over this past weekend, but generally I'm faithful about filling it out.
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yum... bump
  • thezookeeper
    Options
    Is there any way to delete the older bumps and clean up this thread to make it more readable?
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    these are great! bump for later.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to delete the older bumps and clean up this thread to make it more readable?

Nope. Sorry.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heather4stars
    Options
    bump
  • martyfen
    martyfen Posts: 22
    Options
    bumping for later
  • nansellers
    nansellers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump.... Can't wait to try these! Thanks!
  • epond
    epond Posts: 30
    Options
    bumping for later! :happy:
  • slimsarah11
    Options
    bump (I hope this is how you do it ) :) LOL
  • barbara6
    barbara6 Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree. There should be an easier system so that you wouldn't have to look through the whole thing to find a recipe. I'm copying and pasting into a word document so that I can just refer to it and if you post you're at the very last page. Seems to me it would be better if the last person to post would be the first person to be seen.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump :-)
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump :) yummy!!
  • sharpashel
    sharpashel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • emmakenney3
    emmakenney3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should try kangaroo meat instead of beef or lamb. Kangaroo mice has about 130 calories in a 125g serving, and almost 90% of the calories are from the protein! I love to have kangaroo mince with tacos (although i dont eat the taco shells, just the salad and mince). But if you substitue your regular red meat for kangaroo you can still have your steak and veg and not worry too much about the calories.
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Bump!