300 Calorie Dinner Ideas?

Options

Replies

• SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This isn't under 300 calories but it is SOOO good... I made it tonight! =D

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/30-minutes-or-less/tomato-basil-chicken.aspx
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    MY FAV!!!

Honey Balsamic Chicken
    Submitted by: LAUR986

18 Minutes to Prepare and Cook

Poultry | Dinner | Poultry Dinner |

Ingredients
    1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp olive oil
    1lb chicken breast
    2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    2 tbsp honey

Directions
    Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.

Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low; add vinegar and honey to pan. Simmer 1 minute or until glaze thickens; stir constantly. Pour glaze over chicken. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half).

Number of Servings: 4

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAUR986.

Number of Servings: 4

I have to agree! This is one of my favs from sparkrecipes!
  • coach_anaya
    Options
    bump :o)
  • aallen440
    aallen440 Posts: 20
    Options
    bumpy bump bump!
  • fatbegone2010
    Options
    Bumping for later!! I def need these recipes for when i get home from a long day!
  • LaurieB5578
    LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options
    bump
  • KAskinny
    KAskinny Posts: 50
    Options
    BUMPITY-BUMP
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • laurafawne
    laurafawne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lbragg
    lbragg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbeam
    jbeam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Do you like shrimp? Costco has a great marinated shrimp salad. I had 1 cup of that tonight along with ceasar salad (light on the dressing). 250 calories, so you have room to add bread or a few crackers.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Tonight for dinner I made stuffed zucchini and they were delicious and filling and only 322 calories per zucchini.

Need:
    2 zucchinis
    8 oz. ground turkey 99% lean
    1/4 onion
    1 jalapeno
    1 medium egg
    1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
    1/2 cup Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Spaghetti Sauce
    1 Sarah Lee 80 calories and delightful wheat hot dog buns

Directions:
    Cut the zucchinis in half and scrape out the seeds to make them into boats. Cook the turkey, onion and jalapeno in a frying pan. Take the hot dog bun and break it into crumbs in a bowl, add the egg and stir. Add half of the cheese and the 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, stir. Once everything is cooked add it to the bowl and stir everything together. Then stuff the zucchini and bake in a pan for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees, covered. Uncover and add the rest of the cheese, cook for another 5-10 minutes and dinner is done!

I'm not a cook at all...I once burnt spaghetti but this turned out great so anyone can do it!
    Wow, stuffed zucchini, never heard of it, sounds intriguing, might have to give this one a whirl!

Thanks for the recipe and idea :drinker:
    love to try out new recipes, especially the healthy ones without a zillion ingredients. :laugh:

Whoa just rereading the recipe, and thought to myself HOT DOG BUNS, that the heck? lol though it was a side dish you were whipping up or using them for the zucchini's. I bet any bread would work, ya think? Just something to hold things together a bit? Gotcha, hope I got I got that right:blushing: :tongue:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    That spaghetti recipe sounds amazing. I wonder wether you could use wholegrain spaghetti instead?
    I don't see why not Katie :flowerforyou:
  • msparker
    msparker Posts: 3
    Options
    bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    The crockpot is a godsend, when working it's cooking your dinner! You can either put most of meal together and in the crockpot the night before then just pull it out of the fridge, turn it on and it's good to go. Or toss it together the morning of before work.:wink:

Some terrific crockpot threads going around, bet you'd find lots of great ideas there as well:drinker:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • mishiny
    mishiny Posts: 6
    Options
    One of our favorite dinner ideas is simply burritos. You only have to cook the refried beans and you can nuke them on a plate if you want.
    I use a low fat/high fiber whole grain tortilla. Add beans, Tostitos brand queso cheese dip and some canned white meat chicken. Nuke in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds and top with salsa, green chilis, lettuce, tomatoes, etc... We have salsa and baked tostitoes on the side. The burritos are huge, very filling and served with the chips and salsa is approximately 291 calories, 54 carbs, 9 fat, and 14 protein.
  • okiedeb
    okiedeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    here's a recipe from taste of home-
    a new way to do meat loaves, be aware there is less meat than usual- that's why you want to crumble the beef over the mix.
    but we found it totally satisfying. and how smart to make 8 small loaves to start, then you do not have to guess on portion size after they've cooked. -and with 200 calories each, there is still room for vegetables & salad.

Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves

2 substitute eggs (1/2 cup) or 2 egg whites
    3/4 c. fat free milk
    1 c. (4 oz) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    3/4 c. quick cook oats
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 medium carrot, chopped
    2 celery stalks, chopped
    1/2 teas. salt
    1 lb. lean ground beef (90% lean or better)
    2/3 c. ketchup
    2 Tbs. brown sugar, splenda blend
    1 1/2 teas. prepared mustard

in large bowl, whisk eggs & milk. stir in cheese, oats, onion, carrot, celery and salt. crumble beef over mix & mix well.
    shape into 8 loaves. place in 13 X 9 in baking dish coated with cooking spray. in small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard- spoon over loaves.

bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. or until no pink remains (meat thermometer 160). 8 servings

calories 198.7, fat 5.7g, sat.fat 2g, cholesterol 43.6mg, sodium 369.5mg, potassium 175.3mg, carbs 18.3g, fiber 1.4g, sugar 8.6g

another that is simple:

Beef Macaroni Skillet

1/2 lb lean ground beef (90% or leaner)
    onion, chopped
    green pepper, chopped
    2 celery stalks, chopped
    1 1/2 c. spicy hot V8 juice
    1/2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
    1 teas worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teas pepper

in a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper & celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 18-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. 2 servings

calories 129.4, fat 2g, sat.fat .6g, cholesterol 4.9mg, sodium 467.7mg, carb 24g, fiber 4.3g, sugar 7.3g, protein 5.2g