What are you eating for Christmas?

Options

Replies

• laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    French toast casserole, maple sausage, and salted caramel mocha for breakfast.

i want your breakfast. specifically the mocha.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    So far I've had a slice of pumpkin bread with cream cheese and 3 chocolate peanut butter squares

Lunch/dinner is catered from Spinellis and usually includes tortellini Alfredo which is amazing..

Desserts are usually Italian cookies and gelato
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I made a stick bun ring for breakfast and for lunch/dinner, bought a deli spread that we're just going to pick from all day. I'm off the hook from cooking today, haaaaay. :)
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    We have a Mexican theme this year...refried beans, enchiladas (veggie & chicken), burritos (pork), deviled eggs (a must for every family day), salad, pumpkin flan, peanut butter pie (not too ethnic on that one). Then try not to over indulge...lol Almost forgot Fried turkey cause that isn't very Mexican based either.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    no food in my house and the stores are not open... looks like i will have to go to WaWa and a freaking hoagie
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    So far: 2 spiced eggnog scones, fruit butter, Jeni's boozy eggnog ice-cream and a couple of lattes. Lunch: no idea as I am going to a restaurant. Plans for later today: cheesecake, pizza, sticky toffee pudding, more ice-cream, lots more lattes and mince pies. Possibly cinnamon waffles...and more ice-cream
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    i've lost 74 pounds from my heaviest. i have been going to the gym six days a week for four months.

for one freakin' week i am eating and drinking what i darn well please. not going totally crazy, but what i want.

it won't kill me and i will restart on the first.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    the first day was ham, vegetable casserole, green beans w/ bacon, rolls, garlic mashed potatoes (to die for), cauliflower salad, homemade manicotti, fried chicken, macaroni salad, meatballs in bbq saue, multiple cheese balls

the second day was an appetizer kinda meal so we had ham puffs, hankey pankeys, ham sandwiches, chips and dip, weenies in bbq sauce, shrimp cocktail

the third day (today): breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrown casserole, and toast
    second and probably third meal is ham, baked beans, green bean casserole, rolls so far

desserts: cookies galore such as my homemade peanut butter cup cookies and butterfinger pie

drinks: whiskey, wine, and tequila :)
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Making a rib roast this afternoon (it's just me, but I like leftovers). Possibly some ham for lunch.
  • flying_inside
    flying_inside Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Because mine's ridiculously weird & boring due to my diet and limited resources:

Breakfast - oatmeal, banana, mixed fruit, coffee.
    Lunch - tofu veggie scramble, hummus on rice bread.
    Dinner - tofu & broccoli stir fry.

& some wine.
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    All traditionals today. Ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, dressing, devil eggs, baked beans, scalloped corn, and peas. Going to taste the all but only a little of each. Not sure how to log today as will taste of a lot of different things. So just doing a generic entry. It is cooking now and smells delicious.
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    Because mine's ridiculously weird & boring due to my diet and limited resources:

Breakfast - oatmeal, banana, mixed fruit, coffee.
    Lunch - tofu veggie scramble, hummus on rice bread.
    Dinner - tofu & broccoli stir fry.

& some wine.
    ya know? this actually sounds tasty to me. if i only had to cook for myself it's close to what i would have.
  • joenolte
    Options
    I made eggnog French toast for breakfast, using a half eggnog/half skim milk and Sara Lee 45-calorie bread. Came to 76 calories a slice, and we had some turkey sausage on the side. And we just had a lovely piece of 122-calorie chocolate cheesecake made with fat-free cream cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt! Vegetarian chili for supper. Lots of sugar-free candy floating around too! Merry Christmas!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Today:

Winter Squash Soup
    Pinot Grigio

Spinach Mini Quiches
    Sauvignon Blanc

Foie Gras
    Italian Round Bread
    Cabernet/ Merlot

Veal Paupiettes (veal birds) in Cream Sauce
    Buttered Garlic Rice
    Perogies with onions and bacon
    Green Beans
    Valpolicella

Variety of French Cheeses (Chèvre, Brie, Roquefort... you get the idea)
    Bread

Raspberry Pudding with Caramel Sauce
    Asti Bambino

Tomorrow:

Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Brushetta

Winter Squash Soup
    Pinot Grigio

Baked Sea Scallops
    (Spinach Mini Quiches for those who don't eat shellfish)
    Sauvignon Blanc

Cold Meats and Foie Gras
    Italian Round Bread
    Cabernet/ Merlot

Breaded Veal Cutlets
    Penne Pasta with Pancetta and Tomatoes

Caesar Salad

Variety of French Cheeses
    Valpolicella

Pumpkin Bread Pudding
    with Brown Sugar Sauce
    Asti Bambino
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - coffee w/ almond milk nog and oatmeal and banana
    Lunch - Chicken curry broccoli egg noodle dish
    Dinner - turkey, mashed potato, curry veggies, brussel sprouts, gravy, stuffing and raspberry double chocolate brownie cheesecake. glass of wine.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Tamales, cupcakes, lemon bars pie, chips and avocado
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Christmas lunch

Roast goose/slice of roast Turkey
    Roast Potato
    Dauphinoise Potato
    brussels Sprouts
    mixed vegetable

Apple Short cake pie custard/cream

This checks in at well over 1000 cals and worth every mouthfull!my husband is a chef,I just clean up after!!!!!
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    HoneyBaked ham, turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, dinner rolls, wine, pumpkin pie, cheese cake.......the list is endless.....lol. I have a house full of family and I love to cook! Today I will just "eat, drink & be merry" - I never have my family all in one house so this is very special!!!! Merry Christmas all!!!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Breaky: 2 scrambled eggs, spinach, sausage
    Lunch: chicken chili
    Dinner: chicken chili
    Snacks: Reese's and rolos, and short bread cookies.

Probably go for a run in a bit too. No special Christmas stuff for me.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Rice Krispies with 1/2 a banana
    Lunch: 4 oz shredded chuck roast and salsa
    Dinner: Spiral ham, hash brown cheesy potatoes and a roll

Dessert: Fruit :)